The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

What was the answer for the 4 marker
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

a star overall. such an easy paper; couldn't have wished for anything easier!!!!

A* biology here we come :-)
Reply 902
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Max I got is 85 :lol:

But genuinely, I think my min is 59 and max is 70+

Should be an A* for me:biggrin:. Not bad considering my only revision was reading the revision guide yesterday. For some reason everything just comes to me in the exam.
Reply 903
Is everyone going to be doing Chemistry C4-C6 as well? What do you think the 6 marks will be on as a guess? (Also, are we going to migrate to the Chem thread? :wink: )
Original post by Red Fox
Should be an A* for me:biggrin:. Not bad considering my only revision was reading the revision guide yesterday. For some reason everything just comes to me in the exam.

Same!! Hopefully an A*
Original post by ghost_rebel

Which one again?
Same!! Hopefully an A*

Which one again?

I think it's the protein one.
Original post by jpetersgill

Yeah, thanks.
Original post by ghost_rebel

Needs protease to break down coating.
Only found in stomach and small intestines.
Stomach is first. Breaks them down.
Varying thicknesses of protein coat means they dissolve over a longer time as thicker coats take longer.
Spreads it round body more over longer time.
Anyone have any ideas on the grade boundaries? In the first B1B2B3 exam for 2011 gateway science last June, 42/75 was an A*. I recon it'll be something like 50-55/85 for this one however the mark scheme might be a little pernickety, especially for section D!
How much revision have people done for chemistry on thursday?
Reply 909
Original post by jpetersgill

I said:

Only released in stomach, because protease is only present in stomach, so the protein coating is only broken down in the stomach, releasing the medicine inside.

The medicine beads were coated with different thickness walls of protein - so some medicine would be released at different times as others; thicker walls = longer time to release. Therefore, the medicine is released over a long period of time.

Something like that :smile:
Reply 910
Original post by Turtlefushsia
How much revision have people done for chemistry on thursday?

Literally none. I'm concentrating on geography for Wednesday at the moment - I'll revise Chem after that :tongue:
What was the answer for the raw milk question
What was the answer for the raw milk question

Probably any.

I put no it should not be banned...
Original post by Knowing
Literally none. I'm concentrating on geography for Wednesday at the moment - I'll revise Chem after that :tongue:

Me too.:wink: Chemistry just totally confuses me!
Probably any.

I put no it should not be banned...

Oh good I put no too so I hope that's right :wink:
Oh good I put no too so I hope that's right :wink:

I mentioned Tesco horsemeat in that question :wink:
Reply 916
Damn, I put yes haha

I said that pasteurisation is heating up the milk so all harmful microbes are killed.
Raw milk therefore can contain stuff like E.coli, which can be fatal - so we should ban anything that could cause deaths if people accidentally drink it unpasteurised

I'm sure both yes and no is fine as long as you justify it :tongue:

What did everyone put for the 6 marker on alcohol,water,ADH?
Reply 917
Was the answer to the graph question A? And was the vital capacity 4?
Yeah, thanks.

Needs protease to break down coating.
Only found in stomach and small intestines.
Stomach is first. Breaks them down.
Varying thicknesses of protein coat means they dissolve over a longer time as thicker coats take longer.
Spreads it round body more over longer time.

Arrggh asif,something so simple nd I got it wrong...I said how it's broken down in the stomach bcz the stomach is acidic nd the protease has an optimum ph of 2!would I get any marks for it??
I put graph A for the same reason as knowing...I have no idea why you would put graph B!? o_O and also did any put just under 4l for tidal capacity because I did because the trough was just above 2l...so I put 3.95 litres

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending