The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Boxof Cereal
The paper is out of 85

25 marks for each of the two scenario questions

30 marks for concepts of law question + 5 marks for AO3

I think 80 UMS is around 67ish, so 50 UMS is like 45 raw marks? Don't quote me on that though

Thank you that roughly what I was thinking! so i answer 2 questions for section A and one for B?
You answer 2 question either from section A OR section B, depending on what you've been taught. So section A is offences against property and I think section B is contract law?

Then answer 1 question from section C (concepts bit) :smile:
Reply 162
You answer 2 question either from section A OR section B, depending on what you've been taught. So section A is offences against property and I think section B is contract law?

Then answer 1 question from section C (concepts bit) :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Rupesh94
Mine is okay ish...I think its a bit too vague...but not sure. Do you mind taking a look and see what you think?

Yeah sure.
Original post by Mreyow
I'm just worried that AQA will take justice out and put judicial creativity in, leaving us to choose from judicial creativity, fault and balancing conflicting interests. I can't risk not learning a third essay :frown:

Good point but, last year they asked about Balancing Conflicting Interests, Law and Justice and Fault.
And what about the people who haven't been taught Judicial Creativity? They're F'd :frown:
Because I think there are a few people who have just been taught just morals and justice.
But that's just a suggestion. And you're quite right- always best to be safe than sorry...
Reply 165
Original post by natasha007a
Yeah sure.

Thanks
If they ask a question on say fault, will the question mean exactly the same as before, just worded differently, so could I just recite an essay I learnt before?

Or will the question be different so that I need to apply my answer in a different way to practised essays?
Original post by kmackenzz
I know that but say if for one element of the 3 there was 3 possibilities to what it could be ie making off, fraud by false representation and theft. Would you need to cover all 3 for one criteria?

Sorry I don't really get what you mean. As long as it's a potential offence within the scenario, you can take any 3, it doesn't matter if it's the same action. Sometimes they construct it so that it can be 4 different ones (maybe 5, not sure).
Reply 168
How's revision going guys?! I'm hoping that law and morals will come up :yy: Law and justice is too long, for fault they can ask 2 different questions so that's quite worrying as well -.-
Original post by Rupesh94
Thanks

I think that's quite good, it's so much more condensed than mine. My teacher told me I should add benefits and flaw of SI's, precedent and judicial creativity... Maybe you could add that too...
Original post by Tubis
How's revision going guys?! I'm hoping that law and morals will come up :yy: Law and justice is too long, for fault they can ask 2 different questions so that's quite worrying as well -.-

Really? What are the fault questions?
Reply 171
If they ask a question on say fault, will the question mean exactly the same as before, just worded differently, so could I just recite an essay I learnt before?

Or will the question be different so that I need to apply my answer in a different way to practised essays?

I'd learn a standard essay and then learn to manipulate it depending on the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Original post by natasha007a
I think that's quite good, it's so much more condensed than mine. My teacher told me I should add benefits and flaw of SI's, precedent and judicial creativity... Maybe you could add that too...

Thanks and yeah I think I mentioned briefly why its an adv for Judges to have power.

I've just realised that there are different questions for each topic...we can still write the same contents right? But just sway the essay into answering the question??
Reply 173
Help please? Does anyone have any points for the reason FOR fault?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Guys I've been told to revise for morals and justice I'm in a risk what should I do now 'panic' ;'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by Warda3
Guys I've been told to revise for morals and justice I'm in a risk what should I do now 'panic' ;'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

NEVER panic, pancking will never help you are(easier said then done I know) In all fairness Id say Its 90% likely that either justice or morals will come up. Why not look at the previous pages and revise amother concept of law as well (I recommend fault). Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
Original post by seana39223
NEVER panic, pancking will never help you are(easier said then done I know) In all fairness Id say Its 90% likely that either justice or morals will come up. Why not look at the previous pages and revise amother concept of law as well (I recommend fault). Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much :biggrin:, Ive been given notes for on those topics hopefully they'll come up or else I'm done no UNi. Can't revise new things now . But thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phewf, well I had to condense my JC essay as it was 6 written pages (and my writing isn't big). I managed to cut out the wordiness of parts and bits that didn't seem to say much. Ended up 2.5 pages - not so bad. Here it is if anyone would like to use it for inspiration (or to critique it)!
Reply 178
Heyyy has any1 got a model answer on theft blackmail burglary or robbery pleasee any of the following

Thnxs in adavance
Reply 179
Original post by Warda3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same i got told to revise law and morals all iknow so far is law and morals and justice not touched fault "/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest