The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by NatashaG
I put graph A for the same reason as knowing...I have no idea why you would put graph B!? o_O and also did any put just under 4l for tidal capacity because I did because the trough was just above 2l...so I put 3.95 litres

I saw that it was slightly above but I think that they will allow 4 as they know that you actually know what vital capacity is.
Original post by Red Fox
I saw that it was slightly above but I think that they will allow 4 as they know that you actually know what vital capacity is.

yeah the main thing they are assessing is you knowing what vital capacity is so they should have some margin of error for the shocking graph :L
Reply 922
yeah the main thing they are assessing is you knowing what vital capacity is so they should have some margin of error for the shocking graph :L

No-one can know what that value was because the graph went up in 1's. Unless someone decided to whack out a ruler and work it out. I reckon anything from 3.8-4 should get you the mark.
Original post by Red Fox
No-one can know what that value was because the graph went up in 1's. Unless someone decided to whack out a ruler and work it out. I reckon anything from 3.8-4 should get you the mark.

I whacked out a ruler :3
Reply 924

I thought "It's Biology, surely they don't need you to be that precise", so I just took it as 2.

me too but i stuffed up the definition of capacity and mixed it with the total lung capacity due to the fact it was 6 marks -.-
Reply 926
Original post by benwalters1996
me too but i stuffed up the definition of capacity and mixed it with the total lung capacity due to the fact it was 6 marks -.-

It was 2 marks.

is this sarcasm hahahaaaaaaaaaaa
Original post by Knowing
Damn, I put yes haha

I said that pasteurisation is heating up the milk so all harmful microbes are killed.
Raw milk therefore can contain stuff like E.coli, which can be fatal - so we should ban anything that could cause deaths if people accidentally drink it unpasteurised

I'm sure both yes and no is fine as long as you justify it :tongue:

What did everyone put for the 6 marker on alcohol,water,ADH?

Original post by Turtlefushsia
Oh good I put no too so I hope that's right :wink:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Probably any.

I put no it should not be banned...

i think you could have put yes or no...i put yes...it's just the justification.
is this sarcasm hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

noo...i meant 2 marks*

i thought that because it was 2 marks, you would need to do something with it rather than just retrieve the data..so i made the mistake of adding 1 to get 5 litres because of the residual capacity.
Reply 930
Original post by Jatz07
kill me

When ? :colone:

your beating yourself up way too much!!

what mark do you think you have?

Ryan
I put graph A for the same reason as knowing...I have no idea why you would put graph B!? o_O and also did any put just under 4l for tidal capacity because I did because the trough was just above 2l...so I put 3.95 litres

Yes I put 3.9L! Finally, someone else noticed that.
noo...i meant 2 marks*

i thought that because it was 2 marks, you would need to do something with it rather than just retrieve the data..so i made the mistake of adding 1 to get 5 litres because of the residual capacity.

oh right haha thought you were taking the piss for me being pedantic, ohh well i guess they are testing you know what tidal capacity is and then your ability to retrieve data :s-smilie:
noo...i meant 2 marks*

Yeah I did exactly the same. I put 4 and then thought, "hey it can't be that easy for 2 marks"
Reply 934
What did people get for the 6-markers on mark and release, and the one on ADH?
Original post by Knowing
What did people get for the 6-markers on mark and release, and the one on ADH?

that's a point. can you quote me in any response please? won't be looking at this thread again otherwise :smile:
Let's all move to the chemistry thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2311641&page=6&page=6
so we can forget this exam and focus on Chem :biggrin:
Good luck everyone for chemistry! I do AQA for chem but ocr gateway for physics nd biology haha not sure why the school wanted to do it like this :l
Original post by jpetersgill

I put 3.9l too, because the line was was just above 3, so I thought it was 3.1L from 6L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jpetersgill

There will be an area of leniency.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending