The Student Room Group

D2 6th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I was really stuck for time on that paper as well. I can assure you that I will not be purchasing any bikes from that man. I think he may have been evil dr. fiendish in disguise :ninja:.
Reply 461
Arsey is back online
Reply 463
this paper was hard
Hey arsey,
in the last question in year 2 of the table in row where you have a bike 1 year and keep it I accidentally wrote 16 + 8 - 1 and thus got 23 and * it so then my final value came out at 34000, how many marks do you think I'd loose?
Reply 465
Original post by brittanna
I was really stuck for time on that paper as well. I can assure you that I will not be purchasing any bikes from that man. I think he may have been evil dr. fiendish in disguise :ninja:.

PRSOM :mad:

Lol i find the whole agent goodie/dr fiendish thing so funny, i sat in the exam and tried not to laugh :tongue:
Reply 466
Original post by bowersbros
Let the posts begin.

Who managed to finish Dynamic Programming? If so; what value did you get for the end? and did you end up with keep keep keep replace?

Nope, replace in third. £32000.

Original post by crazyboy123
I got 32000 but keep keep replace keep I think!

Yup.

Original post by namcho
linear programming. How was it done?

Assuming you mean the formulate one, not the solved game theory? Game theory was B1 never, B2 p = 8/13, B3 p' = 5/13. (Or at least, that's what I and others got).

I got keep keep replace keep with 29000, but I think it is probably 32000.

Original post by ArcRaman
I got keep keep replace keep, got £31,000

I forgot to add the value when the bikes are sold at the end...

Pretty sure that order was £32000.

Original post by namcho
How was the linear programming question done where u had to maximise the values?

Two ways:

1) Negate all; add |most negative #| to all.
2) Subtract all from largest number. (Does the same thing, some people just find it harder for some reason).

Original post by Lilmzbest
PRSOM :mad:

Lol i find the whole agent goodie/dr fiendish thing so funny, i sat in the exam and tried not to laugh :tongue:

Hahaha. I too thoroughly enjoy the recurring Agent Goodie/Evil Dr Fiendish.. just love how they make it fit all the question types over the years.

At first I was like, "I've done this Q before!!!" then I realised, they were different algorithms etc. I think the first time it cropped up was Game Theory - mission plans Air/Sea/Land. Jan '06 maybe. (Y'know, in case anybody just wants to play Agent Goodie's assistant despite the exam being done.. or go back and redo everything from Evil Dr Fiendish's POV! :eek:)
Land/sea/air was the June 2012 paper, I think, which is much more exciting; if they've put Agent Goodie in twice in a row, there's a much higher chance of him appearing in the future :biggrin: I eagerly await an entire paper filled with Goodie Vs. Fiendish...
Reply 468
Who's got the grade boundaries?
Reply 469
Original post by Malawi
Who's got the grade boundaries?

No one until results day.

Edit:
Nice, neg me for a true fact?

Unless you're being really facetious with "the examiners know before then".. anyone on TSR is only guessing, based on relative difficulty and previous boundaries.

So I re-iterate: No one has the grade boundaries.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 470
Guys there are to practice D2 papers and agent goodie appears in both of them :biggrin: one is dynamic programming where he swims from node to node with a certain amount of seconds he has to hold his breath for and I can't remember what the other one was but he is much loved in the D2 series

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 471
Original post by Jakey0333
Guys there are to practice D2 papers and agent goodie appears in both of them :biggrin: one is dynamic programming where he swims from node to node with a certain amount of seconds he has to hold his breath for and I can't remember what the other one was but he is much loved in the D2 series

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fabrice
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 472
Some of the questions in this paper were okay but it took me ages to get my head around the last question. Definitely ran out of time :frown: I was scribbling down the formulating question and game theory one last minute, I've never written so fast in my life! I had a tired hand by the end of it, as I had M2 first then this exam 15 minutes later ><
Reply 473
Original post by Cosine
Some of the questions in this paper were okay but it took me ages to get my head around the last question. Definitely ran out of time :frown: I was scribbling down the formulating question and game theory one last minute, I've never written so fast in my life! I had a tired hand by the end of it, as I had M2 first then this exam 15 minutes later ><

Oh you had that clash too, we did D2 first in our school and everyone was scribbling frantically for the last question, then we had to start M2 a couple of minutes later, i hate exam clashes, i have to stay quiet for too long :tongue:

How'd you find both the exams? :smile:
Reply 474
Original post by FO12DY
Nope, replace in third. £32000.

Yup.

Assuming you mean the formulate one, not the solved game theory? Game theory was B1 never, B2 p = 8/13, B3 p' = 5/13. (Or at least, that's what I and others got).

Pretty sure that order was £32000.

Two ways:

1) Negate all; add |most negative #| to all.
2) Subtract all from largest number. (Does the same thing, some people just find it harder for some reason).

Hahaha. I too thoroughly enjoy the recurring Agent Goodie/Evil Dr Fiendish.. just love how they make it fit all the question types over the years.

At first I was like, "I've done this Q before!!!" then I realised, they were different algorithms etc. I think the first time it cropped up was Game Theory - mission plans Air/Sea/Land. Jan '06 maybe. (Y'know, in case anybody just wants to play Agent Goodie's assistant despite the exam being done.. or go back and redo everything from Evil Dr Fiendish's POV! :eek:)

The UK paper was much harder, but we had Goodie! :smile:

The under water pipes episode is a great example of minimax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 475
Oh you had that clash too, we did D2 first in our school and everyone was scribbling frantically for the last question, then we had to start M2 a couple of minutes later, i hate exam clashes, i have to stay quiet for too long :tongue:

How'd you find both the exams? :smile:

Yeah I don't like exam clashes either, but if there are others in the hall we get to talk in our little break :tongue: Yeah that last question for D2 took a while for me to figure it out but I think I got there in the end! *fingers crossed*

I thought M2 was awful, and D2 wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best either. Everyone I've spoken to about M2 thought it was dreadful so hopefully the grade boundaries will be generous! How did you find them? :smile:
Reply 476
Original post by Cosine
Yeah I don't like exam clashes either, but if there are others in the hall we get to talk in our little break :tongue: Yeah that last question for D2 took a while for me to figure it out but I think I got there in the end! *fingers crossed*

I thought M2 was awful, and D2 wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best either. Everyone I've spoken to about M2 thought it was dreadful so hopefully the grade boundaries will be generous! How did you find them? :smile:

Our school doesn't even give us a break so not talking for me :tongue:

Lol when i flicked through the D2 paper at the start i knew that the last question would take forever so had to leave at least 40 minutes for it at the end :tongue: Think i got it right though, i just kept freaking out because my table seemed too short and it took forever for me to work out how to calculate the value :tongue:

But i think the rest of the paper was alright, it was the usual standard questions :smile:

I feel like M2 was just an example of the hardest questions you could get from each chapter...that hexagon just freaked me out :tongue:

It was my second try at M2 though (did it in jan) so i was quite well prepared :smile: loads of people were crying after that exam though :s-smilie: so yeah grade boundaries will probably be low :tongue:

You sitting C4 or FP2? :smile:
Reply 477
Our school doesn't even give us a break so not talking for me :tongue:

Lol when i flicked through the D2 paper at the start i knew that the last question would take forever so had to leave at least 40 minutes for it at the end :tongue: Think i got it right though, i just kept freaking out because my table seemed too short and it took forever for me to work out how to calculate the value :tongue:

But i think the rest of the paper was alright, it was the usual standard questions :smile:

I feel like M2 was just an example of the hardest questions you could get from each chapter...that hexagon just freaked me out :tongue:

It was my second try at M2 though (did it in jan) so i was quite well prepared :smile: loads of people were crying after that exam though :s-smilie: so yeah grade boundaries will probably be low :tongue:

You sitting C4 or FP2? :smile:

Oh well that's good you found them okay! Yeah my table was pretty short too, I thought I'd potentially done it wrong due to the amount of space left :tongue: Yeah overall I didn't think it was an awful paper, but I think I slipped up on a few parts. Especially the flows :frown:

Yeah I wasn't sure what to do for that hexagonal question so I just worked everything out using triangles. It probably took me longer than it should have but at least I did the question! It was an awful paper so I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low! It was my first sit of both exams and my last sit too! I hope I've done good enough to get the grades I need!

I'm sitting both C4 and FP2! What about you? :smile:
Reply 478
Original post by Cosine
Oh well that's good you found them okay! Yeah my table was pretty short too, I thought I'd potentially done it wrong due to the amount of space left :tongue: Yeah overall I didn't think it was an awful paper, but I think I slipped up on a few parts. Especially the flows :frown:

Yeah I wasn't sure what to do for that hexagonal question so I just worked everything out using triangles. It probably took me longer than it should have but at least I did the question! It was an awful paper so I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low! It was my first sit of both exams and my last sit too! I hope I've done good enough to get the grades I need!

I'm sitting both C4 and FP2! What about you? :smile:

Yeah me too, i like super checked everything so much cos i was so scared of just making stupid mistakes :tongue:

Omg i ended up doing that too! I did a thing where i calculated the distance from the left and the bottom because i couldn't think of what else to do :colondollar: got the right answer though...it just took forever :P

Yeah i'm sitting both, scared for C4, i failed it in jan and i need 90 UMS in this to get an A* ... so fingers crossed :colondollar:

FP2 is just confusing me, sometimes it seems to be easy but sometimes the algebra is so fiddly, it's easy to get things wrong :s-smilie: I've only done a couple of past papers, i want to save them for next week, so i'm just working through past questions, how are you preparing? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending