The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by emzy96
On questions where it says 'explain why so an so's predition is wrong' do you basically just work it out and show all your workings? I really don't get how to do the written questions?

Sorry about this, but can you be more specific?
Reply 281
Original post by AnnaMaiDo
Would you say 80 marks per paper would be an A??

Easily. 65ish is normally an A, 85 for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Original post by w0tSuhail
No, I'm not spending me time on that...should I?

Its calculator isn't it?
All the best to those who have the exam tomorrow. :smile:
Reply 284
I faintly know the functions of f(x) but I'm not spending too much time on trigonometry graphs

&

There isn't much about the exams! Would do you suggest I/We do right now?...

And what do you suggest as a timetable?
Go sleep at X o clock
Wake up at Y o clock
Revise in morning for Z hours

someone tell me their timetable from now till the exam please
Try to cut out simple mistakes guys, it cost me last time so I am praying I get an A* now
I'm just going to go on 'Maths247' youtube channel and watch a few videos on my weaker topics -Finish at 8pm
Have dinner - Finish at 8:30pm
Read some geog case studies until 9:15
Get to sleep by 10:00 (It takes me a long time)
Reply 287
I'm going to take it easy this evening, maybe go over a few graphs questions
Bed by 9:15
Wake up 6:30
Look over textbooks/notes every half hour until the exam at 9
Reply 288
Guys, how do you divide fractions? It's a really simply skill but I just can't remember, is there any way of doing it with 'flipping' one of the fractions?

thanks
Original post by dazzer19
Guys, how do you divide fractions? It's a really simply skill but I just can't remember, is there any way of doing it with 'flipping' one of the fractions?

thanks

To divide a fraction, you simply flip the last fraction and change the division sign into a multiplication sign. You should then multiply the fractions together and simply until you cannot simply further.

For example:

2/5 divided by 4/3 = ?

1) Well you need to flip the last fraction and then change the division sign into a multiply sign:

2/5 x 3/4

2) Then you multiply them,

2/5 x 3/4 = (2x3)/(5x4) = 6/20

3) Now simply!

6/20= 3/10

And there's your answer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 290
Step 1. look at the question
e.g 5/12 (divide by) 3/4

Step 2. Flip the second fraction upside down (this will make the equation in to a multiplication question)
5/12 * 4/3

Step 3. answer it as you would with any multiplication fraction question

Answer: 20/36
Reply 291
I still don't understand probability tree diagrams :frown:
Ngl, I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow's exam after the awful exams I had today. Normally I don't worry much about maths but I'm kinda feeling the pressure now, everyone expects me to do well and I need an A* to do Further Maths next year :s-smilie:
Reply 293
Original post by kingaaran
To divide a fraction, you simply flip the last fraction and change the division sign into a multiplication sign. You should then multiply the fractions together and simply until you cannot simply further.

For example:

2/5 divided by 4/3 = ?

1) Well you need to flip the last fraction and then change the division sign into a multiply sign:

2/5 x 3/4

2) Then you multiply them,

2/5 x 3/4 = (2x3)/(5x4) = 6/20

3) Now simply!

6/20= 3/10

And there's your answer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, so not really that difficult after all!! :biggrin:
Reply 294
Original post by AM1R
Is it hard to get a grade B guys?
I can answer the first 5-6 pages then I struggle.
How many marks would I need?

A B grade is around the 50 mark
Good luck everyone. I'm hoping that vectors and changing the subject come up nearer to the end of the paper. Hope there isn't a lot on interquartile range/box plots. :s-smilie:.

I think that you factorise both equations, on the top and bottom to get

(3x+5)(x-7) and on the bottom (3x+5)(3x-5).

Expand them out to check that they are the original equations.

The bottom is difference of two squares, so noticing that makes it quicker to simplify. Then you cross out the (3x+5) and (3x+5) because they cancel out, this leaves x-7 on the top and 3x-5 on the bottom.

Not sure if that helped, but it's basically factorising then crossing out which brackets are the same.
Reply 298

Factorise the top and the bottom, then cancel two of the brackets, they should be the same. Forgive me if this isn't useful but the answer isn't loading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[h="1"]For the area of a triangle what does ½ab sin(c) mean?[/h]Don't understand what sin(c) is ? What do you do? I'm confused about this. Someone enlighten me ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending