The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
If only! He wouldn't budge at all.. But my fairly educated guess would be make sure you know your stuff on exchange rates and globalisation
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 441
Ok so if unit 4 is synoptic unit.. can we draw a diagram on monopoly and like economies of scale.. ?
Original post by Ecomax
Of course its completely random and there really is no telling what could come up, but a question on Exchange Rates is due and in the Global Context, a question on the effect of growth of particular countries (Perhaps Brazil for example, or even China) effects living standards in the UK or simply assess the effect of growth in these countries on UK economic performance

I personally am hoping for this question to come up again
"Evaluate government policies which might bring about a reduction in the UK deficit on the balance of trade in goods and services."
or even better
"To what extent would a significant fall in the exchange rate of the pound sterling achieve a sustained reduction in unemployment in the UK?"

When did they last ask about exchange rates?
Original post by Tueava
If only! He wouldn't budge at all.. But my fairly educated guess would be make sure you know your stuff on exchange rates and globalisation

How come globalisation mate?
Reply 444
Original post by theseeker
When did they last ask about exchange rates?

Jan 12
Reply 445
Original post by Tueava

Globalisation came up in Jan 13, not that this really affects this paper at all
Original post by Ecomax
Jan 12

What other topic do you think could come up?
Economic cycles hasn't come up at all...?
Reply 448
How come globalisation mate?

Because he is also my teacher and a lot of focus has been on that in recent weeks. International trade also
Reply 449
What other topic do you think could come up?

Well hopefully Balance of Payments (Current Account), last time it came up was Jan 12 also
Original post by Tueava
Because he is also my teacher and a lot of focus has been on that in recent weeks. International trade also

Paper was written a year ago...
Reply 451
Paper was written a year ago...

Look mate just trying to help!
Reply 452
Original post by Tueava

They have no way of seeing the paper until a day before, even then they shouldn't .. from what my Econ teacher has said, AQA often give advice to teachers on what students need to do to achieve they higher marks and what advice should be given directly to students.
Original post by Tueava
I know an examiner who has seen the paper, apparently it's a good paper but reading the question really hard is very import and questions which look hard may not be as tricky as you think.

Anything else you can share?
Reply 454
Original post by Tueava

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

can I trust you is the big question
Reply 455
Original post by SimpleTom
Anything else you can share?

I saw him after school today and was asking him questions on stuff and he was pretty interested in stuff I was saying about globalisation, international trade and exchange rates.. May be nothing to go by but hey ho...
Original post by Axion
how u feelin for this bro? I'm a bit shaky, only got 80 on econ 2 last year

You've had a year since then mate, you'll probably be fine.

I reckon I need about 72 to 80 for the grade I want, would've been nice to get Econ3 out of the way in January so I'd know where I stand for this, but our school doesn't enter people for January exams in Economics.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 457
Original post by Axion
how u feelin for this bro? I'm a bit shaky, only got 80 on econ 2 last year

I gt 75 in econ 2 but not confident bout this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458
Original post by munazic483
would've been nice to get Econ3 out of the way in January so I'd no where I stand for this, but our school doesn't enter people for January exams in Economics.

Same thing for me, applied to take it in January but rejected, school came back to me saying it would cost them more blah blah, and others can't be denied the opportunity
Reply 459
Original post by qr95
I gt 75 in econ 2 but not confident bout this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

how much revision you done? I've barely scraped 4 hours of revision.

had m1 today so been busy. also have physics n stuff during rest of the week so not looking good!

Quick Reply