The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roar:)
I saw the baby today, I already love the baby, after the scan we went for an ice cream which was nice because it was so hot. I don't know what to do, my step aunt is meant to come over next weekend and I have a choice 1) stay at home with Sarah, dad and step aunt 2) go spend the weekend with my brother What would you do? part of me wants to run away from my step aunt while the other wants to stay

You should stay, and you should apologise. Do it when she arrives - get it out of the way. But also talk to your parents first - your step-aunt's recent interventions haven't been helpful, and your parents should cut her off if she resumes where she left off.
Reply 181
Original post by brendonbackflip
Could be worse! She could make you do all the cooking and cleaning and make you act as a servent for your two ugly stepsisters with only some mice and birds to talk/sing to.

Still, you clearly need a fairy godmother to sort this out, so she can make you a pumpkin carriage and a nice dress and stuff.

I still get put in the corner and I'm nearly 17 :tongue:

dress and carrage or new phone, Sarah is due an upgrade soon and she promised me I could get a new phone:biggrin: (I may had to persuade her a bit though) Now that I think about it corner is better because I just have to stand or sit there for how ever long, its better than being grounded!!!
Reply 182
That is just sick! I am a girl and not a lesbian, I see her has my mum and I wouldn't seduce her, would you seduce your mum? This is just sick:mad:

There are a lot of idiots on the internet, try your best to ignore some people's comments. It's best not to reply sometimes.
Reply 183
Original post by Sadian
There are a lot of idiots on the internet, try your best to ignore some people's comments. It's best not to reply sometimes.

It could have been worse if Sarah had seen it she would have been furious!
Reply 184
Original post by Pastaferian
You should stay, and you should apologise. Do it when she arrives - get it out of the way. But also talk to your parents first - your step-aunt's recent interventions haven't been helpful, and your parents should cut her off if she resumes where she left off.

Thanks I spoke to Sarah, The plan is for me to stay but my brother is also coming over that day and if by Saturday evening I feel like I can't cope spending any more time with my step-aunt then I can go back to my brothers. I will let you know how it goes, Wish me luck!:smile:
Reply 185
Original post by Anonymous
I think/hope that that poster was trolling. Don't take anything that they said seriously.

Thanks don't worry I won't be taking that advice, :smile:
Reply 186
I DON'T act like a 3 year old. My step brother acts like a 3 year old because he is 3. I don't throw tantrums like he does, It isn't so bad being put in the corner for him because he is little and deserves it when he acts up. I am older and don't deserve it. I am treated like a young child. It bugs me so much

Did you ever receive counselling after your mum passed away? It sounds like you're not in a very good place at the moment - if your dad keeps going away on business trips and leaving you alone with his new partner then it's understandable that you don't feel very comfortable. Without trying to sound patronising, 13 is a really tricky age enough already with your parents without all the problems of grieving anyway. I really suggest you see if you can talk to a therapist for a few weeks at least. I actually agree with you in that it must be really humiliating to be treated like you're a three year old. Have you thought about sitting down with your stepmother and asking her if she can devise a different form of punishment that isn't as infantalising? I know it's hard but you also have to empathise with the fact that she's probably new to parenting too AND is pregnant. She's moved into a family where you're already considerably grown up and have your own opinions. She's not your mother and so it's quite difficult to know how to connect with you, I expect. Samaritans is a really good helpline to call - 08457 909090 - if you're having problems of any kind. I wish you the best of luck with everything. PM if you ever want a chat. :smile:
Thanks I spoke to Sarah, The plan is for me to stay but my brother is also coming over that day and if by Saturday evening I feel like I can't cope spending any more time with my step-aunt then I can go back to my brothers. I will let you know how it goes, Wish me luck!:smile:

That sounds like a good idea. Hope it goes well for you.
Am I the only one who didn't experience this 'going to the corner' stuff?..
Reply 189
Original post by swagisforboys

My dad never put me in the corner when I was young he used to just give me a look and say "Molly what did you do" and I would be apologising to him
I tried the same thing with my new brother but it didn't work her just laughed and walked off
Reply 190
Original post by T_x
Did you ever receive counselling after your mum passed away? It sounds like you're not in a very good place at the moment - if your dad keeps going away on business trips and leaving you alone with his new partner then it's understandable that you don't feel very comfortable. Without trying to sound patronising, 13 is a really tricky age enough already with your parents without all the problems of grieving anyway. I really suggest you see if you can talk to a therapist for a few weeks at least. I actually agree with you in that it must be really humiliating to be treated like you're a three year old. Have you thought about sitting down with your stepmother and asking her if she can devise a different form of punishment that isn't as infantalising? I know it's hard but you also have to empathise with the fact that she's probably new to parenting too AND is pregnant. She's moved into a family where you're already considerably grown up and have your own opinions. She's not your mother and so it's quite difficult to know how to connect with you, I expect. Samaritans is a really good helpline to call - 08457 909090 - if you're having problems of any kind. I wish you the best of luck with everything. PM if you ever want a chat. :smile:

My mum passed away when I was much younger, I do remember going to see a lady once or twice a week she could have been a counseler. Sarah and I are ok now I am just waiting for her to say that she is comftorble with me calling her mum!
Reply 191
Original post by swagisforboys

It's only really become popular in recent years due to Supernanny advocating its use on TV. It seems to be pretty damn effective as long as you're persistent (as you should be if you want any form of discipline to work).

I don't think I had any kind of punishment, ever - but then I was an angel. :angel:
Reply 192
Original post by Ronove
It's only really become popular in recent years due to Supernanny advocating its use on TV. It seems to be pretty damn effective as long as you're persistent (as you should be if you want any form of discipline to work).

I don't think I had any kind of punishment, ever - but then I was an angel. :angel:

I know Sarah got the corner idea form Supernanny and my aunts and uncles use it. Sarah obvioulsy uses it. I know some parents use it instead of grounding. Sarah said she doesn't ground me because that means she can't take me out. Other parents could be the same
Reply 193
Original post by Anonymous
That sounds like a good idea. Hope it goes well for you.

Turns out Sarah might stop using corner punsihment! I got grounded today -_- The minute my step-aunt walked through the door I apologised. As the day wore on my step-aunt annoyed me. I was having a go about her to my brother and Step-aunt heard and told Sarah. I am grounded for a few days, Any fun things I can do when I am grounded? I am allowed to watch tv but there is nothing good on, I have read all my books and I still have my laptop but I don't really have anything on my laptop. what should i do?
Reply 194
Original post by Sadian

This may sound weird but do you know any fun stuff to do when grounded? Turns out Sarah might stop using corner punsihment! I got grounded today -_- The minute my step-aunt walked through the door I apologised. As the day wore on my step-aunt annoyed me. I was having a go about her to my brother and Step-aunt heard and told Sarah. I am grounded for a few days, Any fun things I can do when I am grounded? I am allowed to watch tv but there is nothing good on, I have read all my books and I still have my laptop but I don't really have anything on my laptop. what should i do?
Reply 195
Original post by Pastaferian

This may sound weird but do you know any fun stuff to do when grounded? Turns out Sarah might stop using corner punsihment! I got grounded today -_- The minute my step-aunt walked through the door I apologised. As the day wore on my step-aunt annoyed me. I was having a go about her to my brother and Step-aunt heard and told Sarah. I am grounded for a few days, Any fun things I can do when I am grounded? I am allowed to watch tv but there is nothing good on, I have read all my books and I still have my laptop but I don't really have anything on my laptop. what should i do?

You could always reflect on why you're grounded.
Reply 197
Original post by sunfowers01

I got bored. I need some new ideas on what I can do.
Reply 198

What do you do when you get grounded?:smile:

Good advice :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending