The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Nasty comment earlier been dealt with but it is eating me, maybe I should go and leave TSR for good
Original post by sadpanda123
Feeling stressed out tonight :frown: Feel like nothing is going right; uni, boyfriend, job, friends :/. Is anyone available so I can have a rant by PM? Or know how to spoiler something so I can post it here? Could be a bit triggery for some people, especially if you're sensitive about uni/academic issues like I am at the moment.

Put [ S P O I L E R ] at the start of what you want to hide and [ / S P O I L E R ] at the end (without spaces), or click the : x smily at the top of the text box if you're using a PC. :smile:

You can PM me if you want though I dunno if I can be of much help. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Morgsie
Nasty comment earlier been dealt with but it is eating me, maybe I should go and leave TSR for good

Don't know what nasty comment that is but I'm glad it's been dealt with. Sorry its still bothering you, rant about It if you like. Don't leave just cos of a nasty comment, ignore the jerks! We're all nice over here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatsthebadger93
Thanks for the reply :smile: He's a psychologist and he started off trying CBT but I wasn't really making much head way with it so he thought a mindfulness approach might be more helpful. But he repeatedly says to me that he's not really an expert in it and so it's a learning experience for him, which tbh I don't find all that reassuring. I'm actually seeing him privately because my CMHT doesn't have a psychologists atm and the only therapy they're running is a STEPS program which I don't qualify for, so the up shot of that is that I can't be referred to anyone else so it's kinda this or nothing :s

That's really interesting. Shame about having to pay. Personally I think CBT, while brilliant for some people, can be a total failure in a percentage of cases. Mindfulness is very Zen really and again, its probably something that clicks and appeals to someone as their way forward or not. It certainly isn't very re-assuring to be told he's still learning the technique! :frown: However to get to be a clinical psychologist is very tough and so I suppose he probably has the ability to try something out like this. It sounds as if he is a little nervous!!!

I suppose you could look at psychotherapy instead. That has to be paid for of course and there are schools in that from Jungian to Freudian and every other kind of '-ian' A good psychotherapist would be worth their weight in gold but of course they do vary. They usually work in private practice rather than the NHS.

It does depend on your symptoms and your personality needs. What works for one person might not work for another as I'm sure you know.

Sometimes though it isn't one therapy but a culminative effect of the journey through them, taking what is useful from each one and learning about oneself as it goes on (even the ones that don't work as such can be useful in this case) and that can make a real difference in the end.

I really hope the mindfulness techniques do start to make a difference or if not, you find another way forward. Perhaps you should tell him that his nervousness around this is a bit discouraging. He needs to have faith its going to be effective too.

:smile:
Original post by avhhs
Oh dear, feeling drained is always **** but I suppose you did have a great afternoon :tongue: Hope you manage to complete everything you need to :smile: :hugs:

yeah i hate it.
i did yeah, saw my munchkin and it was a fab weekend
i dont even know what i need to do :facepalm:

Ooh I'd like to try being involved with Senior Section sometime. :smile:

its good fun, i know the last meeting involved eating pizza :tongue: hahaha
theyll most likely be one near you though, just as your commisioner if you can :smile:

i would offer my inbox, but i dunno how safe i am currently, lots of stuff going on, but hope your ok :hugs:
not sure what to do

SH stuff

Spoiler

Original post by Morgsie

:hugs: Hope you're alright. I think the worst thing about the internet is that it makes some people say nasty things they would never say to your face in real life :frown:
Reply 2407
I am all over the place and I don't know if I did the right thing. I had a compliment earlier which helps but I still feel crap
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid
possibly physically cos not only have i been out today, but been looking after a 2 year old, but also mentally cos i have so much going round my brain i dont even know where to start :s-smilie: just need to hide

baths scar me, its often a place where i get bad thoughts, and out bath here is a bit dirty (step dads a machanic and uses the shower) and not very big, and we dont own hot water in this house, but its a great idea other than that :tongue: 1 of our things for our last uni house was that it had a bath :tongue: and we had one in halls aswell :biggrin:

yeyyy, iv had 2 lots of chicken today :ninja: but not a roast, id like a roast chicken :yep: you dont well haha, i usually manage half a chicken :ninja:

hope your well

Ohh sorry bath is a bad idea then. Snuggle up in bed with a hot water bottle and book? It's awesome that you've done so much though that's an achievement in itself especially looking after a 2 year old! I know how challenging little kids can be, my oldest half brother is 2 and a half and youngest is 6 months :smile:
mmmmm chicken haha
I'm ok very up and down but nothing new! Seeing my psychiatrist again tomorrow - hopefully she can do something about the horrifically vivid dreams/nightmares I've been having since she put me on anti depressants again because my sleep is pretty much pointless as I wake up constantly and then wake up exhausted. Some of the dreams have been pretty disturbing too :/
I read your post about SH. I will probably be on here all night so if you want someone to PM then I am here :hugs:

Original post by avhhs
Oh dear, feeling drained is always **** but I suppose you did have a great afternoon :tongue: Hope you manage to complete everything you need to :smile: :hugs:

Not really I think, didn't revise much at all as I couldn't concentrate.

But you did SOME revision and you SAT the exam :smile: that is a lot better than doing zero revision and not sitting the exam, even though I know it doesn't feel like that but it's an achievement you managed those two things. I'm sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you'd hoped though :hugs:
Reply 2409
I honestly cant ****ing do this anymore
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Ohh sorry bath is a bad idea then. Snuggle up in bed with a hot water bottle and book? It's awesome that you've done so much though that's an achievement in itself especially looking after a 2 year old! I know how challenging little kids can be, my oldest half brother is 2 and a half and youngest is 6 months :smile:
mmmmm chicken haha
I'm ok very up and down but nothing new! Seeing my psychiatrist again tomorrow - hopefully she can do something about the horrifically vivid dreams/nightmares I've been having since she put me on anti depressants again because my sleep is pretty much pointless as I wake up constantly and then wake up exhausted. Some of the dreams have been pretty disturbing too :/
I read your post about SH. I will probably be on here all night so if you want someone to PM then I am here :hugs:

this may be a massively incoherent reply, and posibly lots of spelling mistakes but il give it ago

oh i wish i like reading. i curently have £50 of book tokens to spend, and cant read :frown:
but im curently in bed, tempted to take a sleeping pill...
yeah, i love her to peices but its had work, well shes 2 and a half, and my lil man is 1, so we took them the park and had fun :smile:

hopefuly she can sort something out then, vivid dreams arnt nice :hugs:

thanks hiun, like i said though i may take a sleeping pill, but i duno, i dnt like it, i hate feeling like this, but i cant wakke my boyfriend up :frown:
Original post by PonchoKid
this may be a massively incoherent reply, and posibly lots of spelling mistakes but il give it ago

oh i wish i like reading. i curently have £50 of book tokens to spend, and cant read :frown:
but im curently in bed, tempted to take a sleeping pill...
yeah, i love her to peices but its had work, well shes 2 and a half, and my lil man is 1, so we took them the park and had fun :smile:

hopefuly she can sort something out then, vivid dreams arnt nice :hugs:

thanks hiun, like i said though i may take a sleeping pill, but i duno, i dnt like it, i hate feeling like this, but i cant wakke my boyfriend up :frown:

Ahh that is a shame - I use reading to escape quite a lot.
:hugs: aaaaawwwww so cute!! my brother is obsessed with bubbles.. adorable
yeah fingers crossed!
ahh fair enough, well if things get really bad / you feel you need to PM me then don't hesitate :smile:
my hand is killing from writing out revision stuff :frown:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Ahh that is a shame - I use reading to escape quite a lot.
:hugs: aaaaawwwww so cute!! my brother is obsessed with bubbles.. adorable
yeah fingers crossed!
ahh fair enough, well if things get really bad / you feel you need to PM me then don't hesitate :smile:
my hand is killing from writing out revision stuff :frown:

yeh iv never been into reading, i have some books, but not many,
awww bless, they are my cousins kids but im an honorary anti to them.
she will or ill come ninja on her ass hahahba#

my entire body aches, i cant evenm type properly, the farmers are being noisey in the feild next to m,y house ythough, but i need to sleep to stay safe.#
keep geting itchy :frown:

take a break and moisturise it?
I feel like if I could overcome this I could overcome everything but if I can't overcome this I can't overcome anything. I don't think I can do it. It's too much. I can't talk to anyone about it and it's eating away at me. I want to hide from it, I try and try, but it always has a way to find me. I can't keep running but if I stand and face it I won't win :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a lot on my mind am...also im pretty sure i have a crush on this girl at our letting agent's office. We often go in there to pay rent, get stuff fixed at our house and she recently took us around a bunch of houses. I wanna try and get over it though since i have no self esteem whatsoever, and im certain it'll end badly and just make stuff awkward in the future. Theres a reason i havent been in a relationship for about 5 years.

Also anxious about everything atm; leaving the house, answering phone calls, and a number of other things coming up in the next 2 months. I just downright hate myself at the moment and have no faith in myself about anything.

I've often thought that im just supposed to be depressed for the rest of my life, and that i need to reach some kind of zombified state where i feel no emotions anymore so i can no longer be in so much agony, i wish i could do that but i dont think i can.
last night was hell, think i made the biggedt mistake of my life to go back towhere it all happened :s... flashback affter flashacbk after flashoback.. all night long, wasnt good at all... stipid mistake to go back there :/.... not in a safe place at all currently, dunno if i should talk to anyone (who?!) or just keepy myself to myself.. but i dont trust myself at all in the head space im currenty in :/... yeah i dunno what to do at all :sad: :s-smilie:

wont be around much currently in the head spave im in right now.. so will at least check in with someone from here, or post here every few days or so, so no one worries.. doubt anyone will but hey ho.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by -FireFlies-
last night was hell, think i made the biggedt mistake of my life to go back towhere it all happened :s... flashback affter flashacbk after flashoback.. all night long, wasnt good at all... stipid mistake to go back there :/.... not in a safe place at all currently, dunno if i should talk to anyone (who?!) or just keepy myself to myself.. but i dont trust myself at all in the head space im currenty in :/... yeah i dunno what to do at all :sad: :s-smilie:

wont be around much currently in the head spave im in right now.. so will at least check in with someone from here, or post here every few days or so, so no one worries.. doubt anyone will but hey ho.

I will worry :hugs: I can't relate to the flashbacks, but you seem to get them regularly which sucks:console: i really hope they stop soon, even if its only breifly to give you a break.

I'm in a very bad place myself at the moment, tho i don't feel like sharing atm, which is very strange for me, since im normally very open.
Getting refered to councling :woo: and a lowered dose of citalopram cos she thinks cos its so deep rooted meds wont help much

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a hard one. Either apply for extenuating circumstances or withdraw but it will be a tough decision either way. From experience, I would recommend trying to find someone you can speak to about this (friend, auntie, GP/counsellor) to help you deal with the situation and talk it through. (When I did my most important school exams my dad had had cancer all that school year.)

Hope that's of some help to you, hang in there :smile:

thank you i don't really know who to talk to. i just want to sleep :frown:
I can only describe this as a manic depressed panic attack all at the same time. What the **** is this. I genuinely don't know what it is and this is terrifying. Someone help

Spoiler

Latest