The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BUSS3, 13 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me with GPM (Gross Profit Margin)? What would be a low GPM and why is it important?

Also what does Net Profit Value actual work out (and importance).

Thanks!
Reply 141
For CPA, do they require you to work out any missing figures they might of not put in? I dont know how to really work out the EST's and LFT's tbh, but i know how to work out the critical path... =/
Original post by Indyy
For CPA, do they require you to work out any missing figures they might of not put in? I dont know how to really work out the EST's and LFT's tbh, but i know how to work out the critical path... =/

From what I remember from the January 2013 exam, they didn't, but I could be wrong. I hated that question. Considering it came up in the last exam hopefully it won't come up again, I've been through all the past papers and nothing has come up twice in a row.
Reply 143
Original post by laurenculver24
From what I remember from the January 2013 exam, they didn't, but I could be wrong. I hated that question. Considering it came up in the last exam hopefully it won't come up again, I've been through all the past papers and nothing has come up twice in a row.

Oh cool.

Do you know what themes/questions came up in Jan?
Original post by Indyy
Oh cool.

Do you know what themes/questions came up in Jan?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BUSS3-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

Question 3.
Reply 145
Just want this exam to be over with........... :frown:
I think BUSS4 is more interesting and is easier to a certain extent, I really just want to start revising that tbh lol
Original post by Indyy
Yeah, i've been using Tutor2U's revision presentations and the textbook just to get the content in. I've practised a decent amount on ratios/investment appraisal, but i really need to answer a few exam questions.

Erm, with Section B you just have to make sure that for each chapter, you have business examples to use in your answer. You need around 4-5. I think i used 3 in my section B answer though.

Also, when i did this exam in June, i answered the question directly with Business examples and it ended up sounding like a story so i got a D grade. You only use business examples to back up your point. Tutor2U have a really good structure in one of their blogs. I used that structure and moved my D grade to a mark of an A in January.

I posted my revision folder for BUSS4 in the BUSS4 thread with loads of business examples for section B, and loads of other things such as notes, and structure. Take a look if you can find it.

Sorry to intrude lol but I'm really struggling with BUSS3&4!!! And I can't seem to find your BUSS4 revision folder. Do you think you could e-mail it to me if you possibly still have it? :colondollar:
Original post by will2348
I reckon 18 because they all use to be 10, and then on recent papers they've made them 18, I don't know, haha. I can't even remember how to answer ten markers, is it literally definition, and then two chains of arguments worth of analysis and that's it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, pretty much. No evaluation needed for the 10 marker.
Can anyone help me with GPM (Gross Profit Margin)? What would be a low GPM and why is it important?

Also what does Net Profit Value actual work out (and importance).

Thanks!

Do you mean Net Present Value? Net present value is the value of a project assuming all future returns are discounted to what they would be worth if you had them now, which is always less than their face value. This can happen due to inflation/depreciation.
Reply 149
Original post by LolaAdrian
Sorry to intrude lol but I'm really struggling with BUSS3&4!!! And I can't seem to find your BUSS4 revision folder. Do you think you could e-mail it to me if you possibly still have it? :colondollar:

http://www.2shared.com/file/4D5dZ5aC/BUSS4.html
Reply 150
So in Jan 2013 the topics were:
- Effective Employee/Employer relations
- Lean production (CPA)
- Developing and Implementing Marketing Plans.

^ Is that correct? Also, nothing has come up twice in a row... yet.
Original post by CharlieTT
Do you mean Net Present Value? Net present value is the value of a project assuming all future returns are discounted to what they would be worth if you had them now, which is always less than their face value. This can happen due to inflation/depreciation.

They were two separate questions haha, I don't think I made it clear.

And thanks, I need to try and practice discounted factors... have a weird feeling they might come up.
Reply 152
so the exam is tomorrow. has anyones teachers made any predicitions as to what may come up. PLEASE HELP.
Original post by fats_12
so the exam is tomorrow. has anyones teachers made any predicitions as to what may come up. PLEASE HELP.

someone said location, a couple people in my class think ARR. It's likely that there will be more finance than January's paper - considering there was hardly any
does anyone have any good 18 marker examples?
And secondly how do you evaluate? it sounds like such a stupid question, but is it basically saying that this is good because... however... overall..

or is evaluation just simply your conclusion and concluding sentence at the end of paragraphs?
Original post by sofiax0
does anyone have any good 18 marker examples?
And secondly how do you evaluate? it sounds like such a stupid question, but is it basically saying that this is good because... however... overall..

or is evaluation just simply your conclusion and concluding sentence at the end of paragraphs?

There are some examples on AQA's website.

To conclude, I think you choose what one factor is most significant. For example, if the question was "What are the most important factors towards the marketing budget?", you would conclude by saying what factor is the most significant towards the budget (use words like risk, outweighs etc)
Original post by fats_12

There's been word going round that there'll be Investment Appraisal (Finance) and Location (Operations). Not sure what it'll be for HR/Marketing though.
10 marker - Define key word, 2 chunky paragraphs

18 marker - Intro, 2 points, conclusion (Do you add another paragraph? Not sure)

34 marker - Intro, 3 paragraphs (1 F, 2 A or 2 F 1 A), conclusion (recommendation?)

Is this right? I'm kind of confused.
10 marker - Define key word, 2 chunky paragraphs

18 marker - Intro, 2 points, conclusion (Do you add another paragraph? Not sure)

34 marker - Intro, 3 paragraphs (1 F, 2 A or 2 F 1 A), conclusion (recommendation?)

Is this right? I'm kind of confused.

Basically right. If possible you could have 2F, 2A for the 34 Marker but it isn't needed really.
Reply 159
Anyone got any idea what will come up?
Got a feeling it's gonna be ratios as you couldn't use these much in jan!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending