The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Failed. Not going to reach my offer now :frown:
Original post by milliezhao
sooo, how did everyone find it??

That was probably the first Maths a level exam module I've done where I've come across a question which I just couldn't do and didn't know how to do.

Probably, 60-70ums, if that, you?
Original post by Anythingoo1
That was probably the first Maths a level exam module I've done where I've come across a question which I just couldn't do and didn't know how to do.

Probably, 60-70ums, if that, you?

Which question?
Reply 683
Oh wow, I knew M3 was unpredictable but that wasn't very nice. What was the last question all about :L
Last question in particular, and the 8 marker, the rest of it was pretty straightforward in terms of what you had to do but taking into account potential errors I may have dropped 20 marks (worst case scenario)
Reply 685
worried about how many marks I might lose on the last question.

I did everything else right I think, getting for the y position: original y(3/5 or 4/5 something, cant remember now) + 7/10(root something) - gt^2 rather than
-1/2gt^2.
Used the SUVAT equations wrong (*facedeck*), got confused and used s=((U+V)/2)t + 1/2at^2 rather than just s=((U+V)/2)T.
Realistically how many marks do you think I will lose for that mistake? Hoping not more than 2.

The show that question was a bit weird and I think designed to throw people off, got the 60 degrees and correct radial speed right in the end though.

Also very first question what did people for mu? I got something like 0.167, was worried about that one as I was unsure about using F=UR with R=MG correctly
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 686
It was a replacement paper and boy was it hard.

Not looking forward to FP2 and 3 which are also replacements... D:

EDIT: source http://www.edexcel.com/Aboutus/press-room/Pages/june13-gcemaths-replacepapers.aspx
Reply 687
Too easy, finished it in about 45 mins, and decided to ask for some paper to bang out some fp3 integrations. D2 was much more challenging.
Reply 688
Original post by Jakub675
Too easy, finished it in about 45 mins, and decided to ask for some paper to bang out some fp3 integrations. D2 was much more challenging.

Are you being sarcastic or what
Reply 689
Also someone had scribbled all over the C3 formulae in the booklet when I tried to check the equation for volume of revolution; it wasn't there and I wonder if some poor soul will get into trouble when they do C3 on Thursday...
Reply 690
My x and y coordinates were both pretty long, had s=ut then x=s-acos(alpha) which was my angle between the U and horizontal and the similar for y using s=ut+0.5at^2
Reply 691
Original post by Alexn159
worried about how many marks I might lose on the last question.

I did everything else right I think, getting for the y position: original y(3/5 or 4/5 something, cant remember now) + 7/10(root something) - gt^2 rather than
-1/2gt^2.
Used the SUVAT equations wrong (*facedeck*), got confused and used s=((U+V)/2)t + 1/2at^2 rather than just s=((U+V)/2)T.
Realistically how many marks do you think I will lose for that mistake? Hoping not more than 2.

The show that question was a bit weird and I think designed to throw people off, got the 60 degrees and correct radial speed right in the end though.

Also very first question what did people for mu? I got something like 0.167, was worried about that one as I was unsure about using F=UR with R=MG correctly

Personally I used s=ut+0.5at^2 but I ran out of time :frown:

I don't want to think about it now, got biology tomorrow which I've hardly revised for :s-smilie:
People, can you hazard a guess at grade boundaries? I know it's kinda pointless but hey.

I'd say
55- 80 UMS
62- 90 UMS
69- 100 UMS

but i'm not too sure
Reply 693
Original post by VSEPR
Are you being sarcastic or what

Nah, have never seen what the fuss with m3 is all about
Reply 694
Original post by Jakub675

Lol dude what a coincidence, I didn't finish in 45, finished in 1hr 8 mins but i was doing fp3 integration too.

OT: really easy paper, easier than all the other, 75/75 for sure.
Reply 695
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
People, can you hazard a guess at grade boundaries? I know it's kinda pointless but hey.

I'd say
55- 80 UMS
62- 90 UMS
69- 100 UMS

but i'm not too sure

Really easy paper:

I'd say:

68 - 80 UMS
72 - 90 UMS
75 - 100 UMS
Reply 696
Original post by miketree
Lol dude what a coincidence, I didn't finish in 45, finished in 1hr 8 mins but i was doing fp3 integration too.

OT: really easy paper, easier than all the other, 75/75 for sure.

Respect man, i had to find some way to kill the time
for the first question was did it give 35 rev per minute? Im very scared that i read the question wrong
Reply 698
Original post by milliezhao
for the first question was did it give 35 rev per minute? Im very scared that i read the question wrong

Original post by miketree
Really easy paper:

I'd say:

68 - 80 UMS
72 - 90 UMS
75 - 100 UMS

Fair play if you're being honest, you must be really bright, everyone admires your arrogance bro.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending