The Student Room Group

Mixed race - shall I go blonde or not?

Would it suit me if I were to go blonde? I've wanted to dye my hair blonde for years , but never actually had the guts to do it! If you all agree, do you know of any decent hairdressers that know how to manage curly hair!?
Reply 1
You look quite pretty as you are.

I say stay brunnete. Honestly, you see 'blondes' in the media, but i don't have any preference. You have light-tan/olive skin, so stick to brunnete.
Blonde is always better. Fact. Do it!
Reply 3
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Blonde is always better. Fact. Do it!

No it isn't
Reply 4
If you're not sure, ombre your hair first (dip dye it blonde) and see if you like it! You'll have quite a lot of blonde in your hair so will be able to know if it matches your skin tone ect. ect. and if you like it loads you can do it all over! The problem with blonde is that it does really wreck your hair- so if you just ombre it you can limit the damage if you hate it- plus, if you go to get it dyed back at a hairdresser, they can see your natural colour to match it!:')
Reply 5
I accidentally went blonde when I was 17, the colour came out way lighter than expected! i was skeptical at first as whether to leave it like that(im asian, thought id look outta place with a light head) but next day at school I got loads of compliments! Stayed blonde for whole six months :biggrin: give it go!!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by scapepower
No it isn't

sorry almighty gof of fashion shall we all bow to your views?
Reply 7
Thanks everyone ! I think I'll try the ombre first & go from there. I was initially going for this look !ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370944504.891769.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi there,
As a mixed race woman with years of trying different hair styles, I thought I'd better give you my opinion. If your hair is naturally afro curly, and you already do something chemical to it (i.e relax it, use keratin or yuko etc), bleaching it blonde would really damage your hair. Even if you don't do anything chemical to it now, if you wanted to do so in future, you'd have to have all the bleach cut out. What is your hair like naturally? I can't really tell from your photo :-(
Reply 9
Original post by morgibell
Would it suit me if I were to go blonde?

Please, please, please, please don't. I've seen so many girls with fake blond hair, and so many times it just looks somehow cheap. You're beautiful as you are.
Reply 10
Bless you! This is what I would love. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372145113.572425.jpg I've only ever straightened my hair with hair straighteners. I've booked in to the hair dressers this Friday to get it done! Wish me luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for chunks of blonde first and see how you feel about it, that's what I did after I initially wanted to go blonde, all over blonde wouldn't suit my skin tone, but the chunks of it looked pretty awesome :smile:
Reply 12
Go to get highlights with a good hairdresser and get some advice. Ideally, get highlights in two different shades, one slightly lighter than your colour and one blonde. Go for a natural blend.
Original post by Kat12395
If you're not sure, ombre your hair first (dip dye it blonde) and see if you like it! You'll have quite a lot of blonde in your hair so will be able to know if it matches your skin tone ect. ect. and if you like it loads you can do it all over! The problem with blonde is that it does really wreck your hair- so if you just ombre it you can limit the damage if you hate it- plus, if you go to get it dyed back at a hairdresser, they can see your natural colour to match it!:':wink:

Thanks for the advice think I'll do that first just to be on the safe side
You are hott with any color

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending