The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SimpleTom
It was 75 Bn

3% added to whatever the question said the GDP was in 2010

Divide the whole number by 100 and times by 103.

itt increased from or decreased or something from 3.6% to 3.0% which is a change of 0.6% thus in 2010 it was 25 billion, therefore u do 0.6% of 25 billion, thats what my teacher said when i asked her!
Original post by sreddy17
itt increased from or decreased or something from 3.6% to 3.0% which is a change of 0.6% thus in 2010 it was 25 billion, therefore u do 0.6% of 25 billion, thats what my teacher said when i asked her!

Sorry but I'm afraid she's wrong.

The annual percentage change ON THE PREVIOUS YEAR was 3.0% in 2011. Therefore, the answer is (2500 x 1.03) - 2500 = 75bn. I personally put 2575 because it was worded weirdly... Hopefully will get some marks!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370950433.419655.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1370950449.772554.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 602
This exam was so good compared to Micro! The inflation and interest rate question was amazing and there was no weird context questions on water = good exam :smile:

Anyone else get 2.43m in Context 1 for the 5 marker?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 603

3.0% was how much it changed by. 0.6% is how much the change changed by... which is way too complicated for a handful of marks
That was a dream compared to Unit 3.

Unit 3 guess: 75 UMS

Unit 4: 85 UMS at least

I need an A so hopefully I can get it!!

well done, i got B :frown:

Original post by stefanocattaneo
Sorry but I'm afraid she's wrong.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370950433.419655.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1370950449.772554.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol did you steal that from the exam? :laugh:

Your teacher is an idiot, no offence.
Original post by CoolStoryBroo

I didn't steal it, I take the paper out every time... Nothing says you're not allowed to with AQA papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 607
Standard of living assessment should have been things such as life expectancy at birth, GDP per capita etc, education, gender equality etc.

We've both answered completely different thngs since yours was factors affecting assessing standards of living and mine was the actual assessing the standards of living

Only one of us can be right :biggrin: What did everyone else right for question 2 in section A?

So my answer was right then?

Im pretty sure I am correct, but we could both be tbh. Population growth definitely has to be considered or a economy with a larger gdp would have a higher standard of living.
I think you are talking about economic development more
Original post by Kieran?
3.0% was how much it changed by. 0.6% is how much the change changed by... which is way too complicated for a handful of marks

hmmm not sure then how many marks is it worth anyway if it was wrong?

Dude don't worry I am sure you will do better than you think you did!
Reply 610
hmmm not sure then how many marks is it worth anyway if it was wrong?

2 or 3 probably
Reply 611
Did anyone do question 3 on section two? What was it getting at?
Reply 612
Did anybody else do Context 1 and the third essay on single markets?
Original post by xxLozzxx
Did anyone do question 3 on section two? What was it getting at?

I did :smile: found it quite straightforward, talk about protectionism, free trade, free movement of labour, red tape, cba of growth etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 614
Original post by kelbel1
Context one on Unemployment and Question 1 on inflation and the interest rate... they weren't too bad, I was very unprepared so was thankful it was something I could answer okay-ish :smile: you?

Context 1 was not on unemployment?
Reply 615
I did :smile: found it quite straightforward, talk about protectionism, free trade, free movement of labour, red tape, cba of growth etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god completely screwed up that one then! I thought it was about the Eurozone as a single market ughhhhhhhh
Reply 616
Question 3 of part B what was it actually asking?
I didn't steal it, I take the paper out every time... Nothing says you're not allowed to with AQA papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to say but by uploading that you could get into a lot of trouble with AQA - they have strict copyright laws, I know a school who put up the JAN13 paper straight after it came out and they were given a £23000 fine apparently.
Reply 618
Sorry to say but by uploading that you could get into a lot of trouble with AQA - they have strict copyright laws, I know a school who put up the JAN13 paper straight after it came out and they were given a £23000 fine apparently.

I know Edexcel have such rules, but i've never heard anything of sort from AQA .. the paper has been posted on the day for the unit 1 2 and 3 and for other AQA subjects I take, plus your allowed to take the paper out of the exam ...
Reply 619

Lol not sure about such a huge fine, but you are definitely not allowed to be taken out of exams. They are to be recycled (a few days after) or retained within the school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending