The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rupesh94
Thanks and yeah I think I mentioned briefly why its an adv for Judges to have power.

I've just realised that there are different questions for each topic...we can still write the same contents right? But just sway the essay into answering the question??

We've been taught:

Judicial Precedent
Law and Morals
Law and Justice

I'm learing all three essays because any one could come up. And not they are totally different if that's what you're asking?
Reply 181
just a quick idea - the examiners expect you to spend 1hr on section C (synoptic essay) so I'd do that first so you can grab any spare time at the end for application questions if you finish within the hour. it's definitely do-able in 45/50 mins which gives you an extra 10/15 mins to look at the application. spend 5/10 mins reading the question and setting out a plan and another half hour/35 mins to write it. Good luck everyone :-)
Reply 182
Original post by AyshaK
Same i got told to revise law and morals all iknow so far is law and morals and justice not touched fault "/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so scared what if they don't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Can someone please explain to me:
Does there need to be a Theft offence for someone to be liable for one of the Fraud offences (False Rep, Obtaining services dishonestly, or making off without payment)
Or are they 2 separate offences which can occur at the same time? (Like D takes bank card details off Y and uses it to buy a t.v)
Reply 184
Original post by natasha007a
We've been taught:

Judicial Precedent
Law and Morals
Law and Justice

I'm learning all three essays because any one could come up. And not they are totally different if that's what you're asking?

Oh I'm doing Judicial, Justice and Fault.. and nvm lol I found out the answer earlier. Thanks though
Reply 185
Original post by Warda3
I'm so scared what if they don't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's pretty likely that law and morals will come up though hopefully it will
Im getting really confused about section B. I am only revising law and Justice and Law and Morality? You only have to write about One question don't you? will one of those two defiantly come up, so confused!:colondollar:
Original post by AyshaK
it's pretty likely that law and morals will come up though hopefully it will

I agree... Do hope it does come up. That's my strongest answer
Reply 188
Original post by natasha007a
I agree... Do hope it does come up. That's my strongest answer

Mine to still need to revise all the offences
Original post by AyshaK
Mine to still need to revise all the offences

I've done that... Just trying to remember all the Concept of Law answers off by heart. That's the hardest I think.
Reply 190
Anyone got any point for the reason why we need fault?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing a past paper on tort but can someone help me please!
It basically says ken engaged mike to repair tiles in his pool but then mike slips on a tile, breaks his arm and can't work for two months. Would i talk about occupoers liability or vicarious liability or both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please explain to me:
Does there need to be a Theft offence for someone to be liable for one of the Fraud offences (False Rep, Obtaining services dishonestly, or making off without payment)
Or are they 2 separate offences which can occur at the same time? (Like D takes bank card details off Y and uses it to buy a t.v)

There does not need to be a theft, you only have to do theft for Theft/Burglary/Robbery, however if you were to do a theft as well as making off/obtaining services/false rep they do not discredit you for it but you may waste time. It's best to just choose the most likely offence out of those 3 then apply it.
Reply 193
I genuinely think law and morals will be up, if any of you get the AQA law review, for the LAW03 June exam (January one was cancelled due to snow-.-) articles in may published where about reviewing non-fatals and UDAM and they were the exact things on the paper and only last month did they put an article on morality in the UK, they are written by aqa and practically tell you what will be in, just too let you all know, good luck for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
How long roughly is everyone's concept essays? I'm worried mine are too short, they are generally like 2 and a half pages :/
Reply 195
Original post by Halleb9
How long roughly is everyone's concept essays? I'm worried mine are too short, they are generally like 2 and a half pages :/

Mine are about 2 and half too, as long as you have information in there I think that's enough to be fair

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long are everyone's concept essays?
Reply 197
Original post by kmackenzz
There does not need to be a theft, you only have to do theft for Theft/Burglary/Robbery, however if you were to do a theft as well as making off/obtaining services/false rep they do not discredit you for it but you may waste time. It's best to just choose the most likely offence out of those 3 then apply it.

Ahh Okay! Thanks! One more question... If someone is liable for 2 offences which include dishonesty - Application of the Ghosh test, will you explain it twice or just briefly state that reasonable people would consider it at dishonest and also that the D was aware his act was dishonest - as opposed to writing out both tests again.
Reply 198
Original post by lharto
Mine are about 2 and half too, as long as you have information in there I think that's enough to be fair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok great, I really don't want to be adding in more now! Thanks :smile:
Reply 199
Ahh Okay! Thanks! One more question... If someone is liable for 2 offences which include dishonesty - Application of the Ghosh test, will you explain it twice or just briefly state that reasonable people would consider it at dishonest and also that the D was aware his act was dishonest - as opposed to writing out both tests again.

You won't have time to write it out in detail twice so we've been told
Do it detailed once and brief the second time you mention it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending