The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can find me
Skating through your town
Original post by Bude8
It's just reputation, no difference as far as I know.

Maybe... they don't want to... spoil you... but it's better than... no present... right?

True say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
You can find me
Skating through your town

Did you do nazi germany ?
Original post by Bluffroom
AQA actually. I know the rules... :facepalm2:

I wasn't accusing, I wanted to see if we were the same exam board :P

I'm on OCR , and I know I've got at least the last 3 questions wrong... -.-
Original post by Molly_xox
I wasn't accusing, I wanted to see if we were the same exam board :P

I'm on OCR , and I know I've got at least the last 3 questions wrong... -.-

not you :h:

Mr "IT BETTER NOT BE EDEXCEL BURR SHATAP" guy.
Original post by sarahiscool
Did you do nazi germany ?

Yep, It went awesome! :biggrin:
Original post by Molly_xox
Hahaha, okay :smile: when I was first on here I was banned for talking about Edexcel even though I was talking about (and specified) that I was talking about my AQA Science IGCSEs...was not happy with that :P

aw haha :P
Some people from my primary school have turned into absolute pricks >.>
Yep, It went awesome! :biggrin:

That's what everyone is saying, I failed it ... :frown:
lol
wat
That's what everyone is saying, I failed it ... :frown:

What questions did you struggle on? :redface:
Wow I got negged - again :sigh:

yeah they look a lot better but they are overpriced even to the new blade and i hate their thickness.
I would rather pay £1500 for a razer blade pro which has a great battery, is a nice laptop to have on your knee and can play games well than £1900 for a powerhouse which has a crap battery, burns your knees weighs a ton and is not as good looking.
What questions did you struggle on? :redface:

I dont even want to think about it, I only struggled on one of the 9 markers but I felt like I was just bull****ting the rest of it and I probably missed out the main points
Not the Razer - the Blade PRO :P

The 17" is amazing enough but i don't need SSDs in Raid 0 - a 256SSD and a 2TB external would be amazing for me and i could deal with that great. The 765M is actually really really good compared to the 660M for example. I am happy with that. Plus the Haswell processors are just nomnonom.

The portability would be great too. I would be a bit meh'd out by no CD/DVD-Drive but I can just download or use my portable HDD to transfer any games i cba downloading.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in ages just that I've been all caught up in revision atm. Also, how did the Maths exam go for you guys :ahee:
Reply 6816
Original post by closet_nerd
Oops... Yeah... Maybe we should start our own? But what category to put it in... :wink:

Lol... Ok, sounds legit :smile: I was also a bit panicked and added 90 to the first answer because the graphs repeat every 90 degrees... Or something :/ it made sense in my head :wink:

Ah..ok. I've actually never been to Oxford (my dad went to Cambridge so he has a bit of the whole Oxbridge rivalry going on) and I think I would done too scared to apply to Oxbridge anyway... If I didn't get in my brother would never let me live it down :wink: (he has an offer)
I used to love maths, but if I ever see that maths textbook again I think I'll scream! Doing maths makes me feel like I'm drowning.. :/ I think doing FSMQ was a bit overwhelming...

I can always point out that I self-taught and didn't retain anything I figured out for more than a few hours at a time :P I guess maybe if I wanted a good grade I should have tried :biggrin:

Nah, I was in Wales.. Probably closer to home? (I'm from East London -brap brap!) lucky! My school only does bronze so I have to do silver and gold in sixth form.

Ah, lol... Maths teachers are pretty cool....
I only know that there is something to do with unification of Italy... It's a bit long a ago for me :frown: ... I prefer modern history. What topics did you do for GCSE?

My school only goes up to year 11 so I have to go somewhere else. The only half way decent places are an hour away :/ but I'm glad (plenty of time to do homework on the bus :wink:)

Lol.. Your school sounds a little desperate! :wink: I guess that's a bonus. Apparently at the place I'm going all the G and T get invited to do Critical thinking. Then all the people who say yes get special privileges like Eton summer school... My brother did a Cambridge residential and he thinks that's how he got an offer - he had friends in high places :wink:

Maybe we should move to a new thread.... I don't know how... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's kind of tangent, but every 180 degres :cool:

We went on a little school trip, 8 of us and the head in a minibus (she's an alumni) and it was kind of cool. Beautiful architecture. It's a while off yet, but if you don't try you'll never know!

I actually kind of enjoy revising for maths, it's so easy to revise for compared to other subjects. Half an hour to do a paper (GCSE, not addmaths lol) and then I'm done.

Ah, cool. We're going to the peak district again this year, were going to go to the Chilterns but Glastonbury is on at the same time and the traffic gets horrendous. :eek:

Just sat Nazi Germany and did Medicine Through Time and Surgery last year. You?

That sucks. Our school is special, years 9 through 13. 5 minutes on the bus :wink:

Nah, they're just trying to get us to be more confident and aspirational or something. I don't think a U in addmaths is going to inspire anyone though, so I think it'll have backfired. General Studies is because they can't timetable 5 A level choices, so we do 4 + General. Eton summer school? Well, that sounds nice. I think I might try for the UNIQ summer school next year :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AshenSun
That's kind of tangent, but every 90 degress :cool:

We went on a little school trip, 8 of us and the head in a minibus (she's an alumni) and it was kind of cool. Beautiful architecture. It's a while off yet, but if you don't try you'll never know!

I actually kind of enjoy revising for maths, it's so easy to revise for compared to other subjects. Half an hour to do a paper (GCSE, not addmaths lol) and then I'm done.

Ah, cool. We're going to the peak district again this year, were going to go to the Chilterns but Glastonbury is on at the same time and the traffic gets horrendous. :eek:

Just sat Nazi Germany and did Medicine Through Time and Surgery last year. You?

That sucks. Our school is special, years 9 through 13. 5 minutes on the bus :wink:

Nah, they're just trying to get us to be more confident and aspirational or something. I don't think a U in addmaths is going to inspire anyone though, so I think it'll have backfired. General Studies is because they can't timetable 5 A level choices, so we do 4 + General. Eton summer school? Well, that sounds nice. I think I might try for the UNIQ summer school next year :smile:

Oh, ok... I literally hadn't got a clue, but subconsciously though add 90... Guess I didn't get lucky that time :wink:

Ha ha.. We had a visit from an Oxford student last year. She was the only student from our school to go to Oxbridge :O (says great things for my school... :wink:) I guess I will have to try it for myself... I do love Cambridge though, such beautiful buildings. I don't know if I could cope with the stress of trying to compete with my intellectual superiors (I hate being beaten by anyone!) :smile:

When I did maths I didn't really revise :/... I did do quite a few past papers though because I love being able to see the score go up, up, up :smile:
Even easier subjects - languages (can you even revise for them...?), geography (the specific course I'm doing is completely common sense and a few keywords :wink:), RE (completely opinion based..)... Of course this is based on the exam boards I do..

That's bad timing.. How long does it take to get there? It took seven hours to get to the Gower and I read the only book I had brought within three so I had 4 hours there and 7 hours back waiting on a cliff hanger until I could get home and finish the trilogy!

I studied Nazi Germany, Weimar Republic (pre-nazi), Cold War and Britain 1890-1918. Oh, and apartheid (CA)

Strange! So did you go to middle school, or quit secondary half way through? Ha! 5 minutes, not long enough to do homework :wink:.. My current school is a two minute walk :P

Surely no one will get a U... Even I don't think I got a U (now you're making me second - guess myself) ah.. Ok, makes sense. The place I. Going used to do that but with RE.. Now you do EP, or get more frees - yay!
Well.. It sounds nice, but in reality the school abets offered a place once every five years or something :wink:
The only problem is that it can be quite expensive.. My brother got a discount to his thing because none of our maternal family has been to uni.. Tbh his thing was like a major geek camp though so I think it sounds a little weird... What is UNIQ like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont even want to think about it, I only struggled on one of the 9 markers but I felt like I was just bull****ting the rest of it and I probably missed out the main points

:console:

How were your other modules? Hopefully it won't affect your overall grade too much :smile:
So, every GCSE unit I've ever sat (highest of each unit).

13 A*s
5 As (including 3 AS As, so they were max)
2 Bs
2 Cs

:mmm:

Latest