The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Computing - COMP3 11/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by JASApplications
Good Luck! Praying Server Side Scripting doesn't come up!

I am sorta hoping it does.. Sorry!
:colondollar:
Original post by I_Am_The_Man
That is true however it appears according to this:

SELECT EmailAddress, Forename, Surname
FROM Book, Member, Loan
WHERE Author = „Lucas Bailey‟ AND
Book.BookID=Loan.BookID AND
Member.MemberID=Loan.MemberID

Where:

Book(BookID, Title, Author, Publisher)
Member(MemberID, Surname, Forename, HouseNumber, StreetName,
Town, County, Postcode, DateOfBirth, EmailAddress)
Loan(MemberID, BookID, LoanDate, DueBackDate, Returned)

It appears that if the attribute only appears in one relation you don't have to reference the table name. Correct me if I am wrong.

That is indeed correct :smile: Referencing the table name wouldn't do any harm in terms of the mark scheme (I think?) so I might do it anyway for clarity...but yes you're right, you don't have to reference it!
Good Luck! Praying Server Side Scripting doesn't come up!

You shouldn't be asked to code in anything, all you would have to do is say what the script does, which you can work out there and some small theory like: whats the diference between POST and GET methods.
Reply 223
Good luck guys! :smile:

Definitely haven't revised for this as much as I should've :s-smilie:
Reply 224
Yeah, it's really easy. Here's a question from June '11:

Explain the purpose of these two lines

ProdNum = Request("ProductNumber")
SaleQuant = Request("Quantity")

and the answer is just 'retrieve those values and save them in variables'.

The rest of the questions are like that too.
Reply 225
Original post by LogicGoat
Good luck guys! :smile:

Definitely haven't revised for this as much as I should've :s-smilie:

Join the club. I only need to scrape a B (69/100 by last year's UMS) to keep my A overall, but I'm still really nervous.
Original post by CodeJack
You shouldn't be asked to code in anything, all you would have to do is say what the script does, which you can work out there and some small theory like: whats the diference between POST and GET methods.

Fair enough! I'm only worried about having to write them because in the spec it says 'Practical experience of writing simple server-side scripts'.
Reply 227
Fair enough! I'm only worried about having to write them because in the spec it says 'Practical experience of writing simple server-side scripts'.

I'm pretty sure it said somewhere in the textbook that writing them wouldn't be a part of the exam.

They reccomend you do some in lesson to get a better understanding of it. It's actually some easy marks to gain.
Original post by Mystogan.
Especially compared to last years COMP3 thread. Maybe everyone is really confident about this exam.

Who am I kidding :noway:

This exam will be top if we don't actually have to code a recursive algorithm, insertion sort etc.

I'm praying that these two stay away from the paper, especially as they have been in the last 2 papers.
Original post by CodeJack
I'm praying that these two stay away from the paper, especially as they have been in the last 2 papers.

I am the opposite I hope these come up :biggrin:
Good luck everyone!
Good Luck Everyone!
Pretty crap exam, but what did I expect :rolleyes:
I think the exam went pretty well overall, nothing completely threw me which was good :smile:

What did everyone else think?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 235
Original post by tomrobinson
I think the exam went pretty well overall, nothing completely threw me which was good :smile:

It went well for me too, I think the grade boundaries will be the same as last year.

What did you get for the tree algorithm question? I put 4 6 9 * +, with postorder traversal and postfix expression.

I thought it went fine. I didnt like the 8 marker or the psuedo code writing question and I had no idea for the very last question, but all in all it went well.
Original post by pilotjack
It went well for me too, I think the grade boundaries will be the same as last year.

What did you get for the tree algorithm question? I put 4 6 9 * +, with postorder traversal and postfix expression.

Same here
Original post by pilotjack

I got the same thing, for the question asking what it represents did you put RPN?
I got the same thing, for the question asking what it represents did you put RPN?

I put the equivalent postfix expression

Quick Reply