The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 ICT IT3 exam June 11 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Very nice paper! Only think 1 question I might have lost marks was the security question, Question 2 I think as I wasn't quite sure so just listed a number of things. But I feel I got over 70 marks so should get an A overall. Lets hope the examiners mark it properly!
Reply 101
Ha ha, that is one of the nicest papers I have seen so far. Easy and I think I have aced it although now I have a back ache >.< :P
Reply 102
What did people write for system analyst question 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by kky_l
What did people write for system analyst question 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interviews, questionaires and observations if I am thinking of the correct question
Hi, I think the exam went well but I have a worry about something. On the answer booklet it said to leave at least two lines between answers (which I didn't) most of my answers were written straight after each other or with one line between answers. Do you think this is a problem- am I gonna fail?
Reply 105
Original post by TheAbsoluteDon
Hi, I think the exam went well but I have a worry about something. On the answer booklet it said to leave at least two lines between answers (which I didn't) most of my answers were written straight after each other or with one line between answers. Do you think this is a problem- am I gonna fail?

No don't worry about it! :biggrin: Its just a guideline as it makes your answers easier to read as everything is clear. I didn't even read that but I always leave massive line space encase I want to come back and change my answers.
Reply 106
I think it went okay (ish) apart from Q3 about security policies..my mind went blank so I just wrote as much stuff about security as I could remember ooops!
Maybe some of my database answers were a bit weak too but I am aiming for a C overall atleast..
Reply 107
Very nice exam! What did everyone put for the tables in secton B

I put patient and and consultant as tables
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 108
The only question. I was unsure of is I think Q14 the 18 marker?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by Happy03
The only question. I was unsure of is I think Q14 the 18 marker?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was multi choice in Section B so most I guess like me would have done the other questions on databases instead of that question.
Reply 110
This paper was so easy, the only question i wasn't too sure about was question 3 about protecting financial systems. I wrote stuff on it such as physical security, continued investigation of irregularities, logical procedures and operational procedures.

But i'm not sure whether those factors were totally relevant to the question. Other than that this paper was so easy i trolled all over it and wrote 11 pages and still had 35 minutes left over and my ass was disintegrating and the guy in front of me you could see his underwear the whole exam loll.

20 page answer booklet da'*** who writes more than 20 pages? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Ruffiio
This paper was so easy, the only question i wasn't too sure about was question 3 about protecting financial systems. I wrote stuff on it such as physical security, continued investigation of irregularities, logical procedures and operational procedures.

But i'm not sure whether those factors were totally relevant to the question. Other than that this paper was so easy i trolled all over it and wrote 11 pages and still had 35 minutes left over and my ass was disintegrating and the guy in front of me you could see his underwear the whole exam loll.

20 page answer booklet da'*** who writes more than 20 pages? :confused:

Looking at past mark schemes you should have got majority of the 8 marks for question 3 if that's what you put. I got a bit confused on that question but still think I've done enough to get 4 marks from that so not as bad as I thought I did for that question.
Reply 112
Original post by Ruffiio

Those are the factors I wrote about! So we probably have it right :smile:
Reply 113
Logical procedures? I put logical security I'm I wong?
Reply 114
Original post by iggyDash

it's called logical methods, bur since physical security is a thing I don't see why you won't get the mark for that
Reply 115
Original post by iggyDash

Shouldn't make a difference as long as you said user ids, passwords, levels of access, firewalls, etc.
Reply 116
Original post by Dubes
It was multi choice in Section B so most I guess like me would have done the other questions on databases instead of that question.

Yeahh true my only think was I hadn't revised the database stuff so didn't really have a choice I completely forgot it was on this exam :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by Happy03
Yeahh true my only think was I hadn't revised the database stuff so didn't really have a choice I completely forgot it was on this exam :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Databases were guaranteed to come up in Section B! :s-smilie:
As they always come up.
Reply 118
Original post by Dubes
Really? Databases were guaranteed to come up in Section B! :s-smilie:
As they always come up.

Yeah we'll it was a retake for me but as it goes I'm on 330 ums marks if coursework isn't moderated down so I guess I just didn't think I normally just ignore the database questions cuz they bug me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was alright except the MIS question with it being a 10 marker, I'm guessing 2 marks for the definition but I could only come up with 7 points for a good MIS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest