The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lharto
No to first question ( only when you initially define burglary) and only if the question mentions arson with criminal damage

Posted from TSR Mobile

So we have to learn arson criminal damage? Didnt realise that. And when your doing 91a burglary would you not just define 91a? Or how would you start the question if it was only 91a for example?
Reply 221
Original post by lharto
We've been advised to state the case of Stevens and gourley which defined a building to be 'a structure of considerable size intended to be permanent'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see, that helps. We haven't studied that case. >.< I'll use that in the exam
Reply 222
Could balancing come up again ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Original post by Cryl

I have another question for you/anyone else: if Ken steals his dry-cleaning jacket from Norma who dry-cleaned his jacket, I know Norma has a proprietary right to the jacket; but would Ken have intention to permanently deprive Norma of the jacket or the money for the dry cleaning?

The jacket, you can steal your own property following the case of turner so as she has proprietary right and he's not paid it would be theft of the jacket, making off and burglary. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Original post by lharto
The jacket, you can steal your own property following the case of turner so as she has proprietary right and he's not paid it would be theft of the jacket, making off and burglary. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

So Ken has an intent to permanently deprive the Norma of the money or the jacket? o.O
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 225
Original post by Cryl
So Ken has an intent to permanently deprive the Norma of the money or the jacket? o.O

Jacket because he hasn't appropriated the money, but appropriated the jacket. So the jacket aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
Original post by lharto
Jacket because he hasn't appropriated the money, but appropriated the jacket. So the jacket aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, thanks! (I am stupid)
Another question for 91b burglary is part of the actus reus 'an attempt to commit or commit one of the 2 offences' along with the other elements which are for both 91a and 91b
Reply 228
Has anybody got any model essays for the scenarios on criminal law. Only have one of my own to review and not sure whether that's right.

Thanks x
Reply 229
Original post by beccac3
Has anybody got any model essays for the scenarios on criminal law. Only have one of my own to review and not sure whether that's right.

Thanks x

I made my own essays?
Reply 230
Original post by AyshaK
I made my own essays?

So did I but I made the mistake of giving them to my law teacher to mark (a month ago) and she still hasn't given them back. I've only got one marked essay :frown:
Reply 231
Guys, for Robbery, and Burglary - the MR is that of Theft (for burglary -also CD/GBH) right? Only the AR is different?
Reply 232
Original post by beccac3
So did I but I made the mistake of giving them to my law teacher to mark (a month ago) and she still hasn't given them back. I've only got one marked essay :frown:

what essays do u need help on?
Reply 233
Original post by Boxof Cereal
Really? What are the fault questions?

how far is fault essential in law? or, how far is fault essential in law AND should fault be essential in law?
Does anybody have any PowerPoints on any of the topics? (Either criminal or concepts)

Alternatively, does anybody know of any helpful YouTube videos for anything Unit 4 that they could link?

My brain has stopped taking anything from the textbook in so I need another way to revise!
Reply 235
Original post by AyshaK
what essays do u need help on?

Just an example of a scenario question so that I know how to write it out etc.

thankyou :smile:
Reply 236
Original post by beccac3
Just an example of a scenario question so that I know how to write it out etc.

thankyou :smile:

So you want past paper scenarios or answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 237
Original post by AyshaK
So you want past paper scenarios or answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

answers to past paper questions. Sorry if I was a bit vague on that
Original post by Rupesh94
Ahh Okay! Thanks! One more question... If someone is liable for 2 offences which include dishonesty - Application of the Ghosh test, will you explain it twice or just briefly state that reasonable people would consider it at dishonest and also that the D was aware his act was dishonest - as opposed to writing out both tests again.

Within the same scenario, any bits of law that you've already set out (eg. Theft, dishonesty) you only ever need to apply if you're using it again :smile:
Reply 239
Can someone help me with fraud! Please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending