The Student Room Group

A2 ICT INFO3 AQA Prerelease Material June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by madkyoshi
Good for you man!!
haha omg i went to my teacher for last minute revision and i knew way more about ICT then he, It was funny cause he was forced to teach ICT

Still what grade are you aiming for? or what do you need in this? and what do you want overall?

Well I want an A* in info 3 but only need an A for an A* overall
Ah, I wrote network and beta for the first two, and I put operational and functional for the other two, but I knew that was wrong :/.
Yeah, I thought the changeover was a nice one too :smile:
Reply 102
Original post by fail_in_a_can
Awesome ! I just really went into great detail about the six later steps that thairshan posted. Then got worried and put a load in about hot standby sites and their importance as well as alternative buildings :smile:

Other than that, only question im slightly worried about was the Q9.... I wrote like 2 pages including some points i am really nervous about... However, i only need like 30/100 for a C overall, 52/100 for a B overall and 73/100 overall for an A... As long as I bank the B overall, im happy :smile:

you are in a similar place as me! I only need an E for a C overall. But i would really want an A overall.

As i will have one A* don't be amazed, It's my first language but apparently university is happy with it.

I already have one distinction in Business.

Biology today went bad but I should be able to bank a C. Although I need B overall. For Uni.

Chemistry AS lol I left 20% of unit 2 empty so an E overall. Atleast looks better than a U.

Did you apply to uni next year and what grades do you need?
Reply 103
Original post by thairshan
Well I want an A* in info 3 but only need an A for an A* overall

Sounds great lol A and A* lets just get there :biggrin: I hope grade boundaries go a little down. But as exam was easier I guess not :cool:
Reply 104
but didnt that question ask for the techniques for testing :s beta and alpha are types of testing. I wrote test harness, volume and multiplatform. Cant remember the other one. Also to get A* overall i think you need 90% in info3 and info4! Not sure though
(edited 10 years ago)
Sounds great lol A and A* lets just get there :biggrin: I hope grade boundaries go a little down. But as exam was easier I guess not :cool:

I agree, the exam was not that bad, the only one that made me stumble slightly was Q9.... I hope I get that B at least :smile:

Unlike most of the people on here, im just a quite average student... Im needing BBC

Will hopefully get the B in ICT and Business Studies, with the C coming in Maths :/
Reply 106
Original post by sick_rose
but didnt that question as for the techniques for testing :s beta and alpha are types of testing. I wrote test harness, volume and multiplatform. Cant remember the other one. Also to get A* overall i think you need 90% in info3 and info4! Not sure though

yeah I luckily my teacher game me 60 marks in the coursework. But i think i deserved 64/70. I hope the examiner sees past it and give me A*. It just sounds good :colondollar:
Reply 107
yeah I luckily my teacher game me 60 marks in the coursework. But i think i deserved 64/70. I hope the examiner sees past it and give me A*. It just sounds good :colondollar:

oh i see nice one :smile: what did you write for the social network and crm question?
Reply 108
Original post by cl_steele
oh look whos smart:L

-.-
Reply 109
but didnt that question ask for the techniques for testing :s beta and alpha are types of testing. I wrote test harness, volume and multiplatform. Cant remember the other one. Also to get A* overall i think you need 90% in info3 and info4! Not sure though

Any by overall I meant combined AS/ A2

I have 139 ums in AS.
+ INfo4 ums = 67
= 206
So i need 114 ums in info 3 to get that mark 78 marks.. For an A* overall
Reply 110
Ahh reading through here makes me feel bad, I did the testing question completely wrong.
And it seems like I completely misunderstood the very last question.. I wrote some random crap ><
Reply 111
oh i see nice one :smile: what did you write for the social network and crm question?

I'll just do key points I wrote about.

CRM
- How it will be centrally based so all the individual departments can update the customers data. And if a customer calls in for a service then he can get information from any department as they have access to the data rather them him having to wait and reconnect to a different one. So happy customer :biggrin:

- How they can use info on their to see customers shopping habits and aim at them with the right promotions via emails etc.

Can't remember the rest about this had like 3 more points.

For social networking.

- They could make a page on sites like Facebook and link it to their website. So direct more traffiic.

- Post promotions/vouchers on their face book page that would lead the customers to their website or get them to want to visit the actual site.

- Post match live details to drive more fan based traffic.

- Facebook(social networking) will also act as a free marketing for them.

Had like 2 more can't remmember
Reply 112
Original post by Shaxx
Ahh reading through here makes me feel bad, I did the testing question completely wrong.
And it seems like I completely misunderstood the very last question.. I wrote some random crap ><

haha we all the same feeling about a few questions. I never like to leave much blank, So i sometimes make a small story up lol it actually works in essay questions where no facts(not always) have to be mentioned for the marks. I just make sure I use good English, grammar and structure they always help.
I'll just do key points I wrote about.

CRM
- How it will be centrally based so all the individual departments can update the customers data. And if a customer calls in for a service then he can get information from any department as they have access to the data rather them him having to wait and reconnect to a different one. So happy customer :biggrin:

- How they can use info on their to see customers shopping habits and aim at them with the right promotions via emails etc.

Can't remember the rest about this had like 3 more points.

For social networking.

- They could make a page on sites like Facebook and link it to their website. So direct more traffiic.

- Post promotions/vouchers on their face book page that would lead the customers to their website or get them to want to visit the actual site.

- Post match live details to drive more fan based traffic.

- Facebook(social networking) will also act as a free marketing for them.

Had like 2 more can't remmember

I nearly did the same.... I wrote about the fact CRM enhances fan-club relations, developed the point.... Wrote about tracking preference of favorite bit of merchandise, thus minimizing stock costs of less popular products, developed it again.. Finally went on to discuss promotional offers as you stated

For Social Networking, wrote about how it can be used as a feedback system in terms of their restaurants and/or merchandise. Wrote about how consumers could give ideas to Redfield for new merchandise, and if they chose to use it customer/fan satisfaction will increase, thus leading to the club having a more fan orientated club. Developed it some more... Also discussed your point of untapped geographical markets... Talked about how the correct appliances to fan suggestions could result in increased ticket sales too :s-smilie:

Hopefully did ok :smile:
Reply 114
NO WAY?! That's exactly all the stuff I wrote. Especially the mention of the I cloud and how organisations tend to use on that these days alot. Also I mentioned things such as faster broadband speed will lead to upload and downloading of movies. I dunno if we're on the same lines or was the answer relating to something more complex. :dontknow:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Hey me and my friends thought it was fairly decent. Luckily what i revised came up. But i kinda mixed up unit 2,3 and 1 stuff in there. Oohh wow still it is all ICT.

I kinda had to make a conclusion quickly for the last question as the guy said stop writing now:frown:

To start with I wrote about the apple presentation yesterday in which the guy mentioned I cloud and how they are improving it, then i linked that to the high broadband speed would allow faster upload/ download.

I talked about gaming.

About business meetings across the world using web cams.

can't remember the rest

What did you write?

]NO WAY?! That's exactly all the stuff I wrote. Especially the mention of the I cloud and how organisations tend to use on that these days alot. Also I mentioned things such as faster broadband speed will lead to upload and downloading of movies. I dunno if we're on the same lines or was the answer relating to something more complex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Does anyone remember the number of marks for each question?
Reply 117
haha we all the same feeling about a few questions. I never like to leave much blank, So i sometimes make a small story up lol it actually works in essay questions where no facts(not always) have to be mentioned for the marks. I just make sure I use good English, grammar and structure they always help.

Lol yeah! That's what I try to do..
Reply 118
What's done is done, nothing more that can be done now, glad to be able to forget about ICT for a bit now!
Reply 119
Hi guys. Just trying to think about the questions we had earlier. Got 8/9... Anyone remember the missing one? I'm aware they're in a random order....

1 - give the disadvantages of an organisation using emerging technologies as the main factor within its ict strategy
2 - compare the two changeover methods and give the most suitable for redfield
3 - how can redfield football club make use of: a CRM system and social networking
4 - testing table - test harnesses, volume testing, multi platform and the missing one
5 - discuss what redfield football club should do to maintain the privacy and security of their customer data.
6 - large organisations must be prepared for a disaster. Discuss what the organisation should consider to prepare for a disaster.
7 - discuss the benefits of an organisation using an outsourcing company rather than it's internal ict department
8 - some other question!
9 - By 2015 broadband speeds are expected to be several times faster than current broadband speeds. Discuss the impact of these faster broadband speeds on the individual, organisations and Society.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending