The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's not bad. It is at its best in the middle of the series rather than at the beginning or the end, in my opinion...
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anyone know of any school life anime that has a sort of togetherness feeling? I know I've said this before but I really enjoyed kuroko no basket and how'd they'd still be together outside of school. Some comedy would be nice too nothing too romantic.

P.s. Attack of Titans is just unbelievable, wish there manga was a weekly though it'll catch up soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F_shakeey
Does anyone know of any school life anime that has a sort of togetherness feeling? I know I've said this before but I really enjoyed kuroko no basket and how'd they'd still be together outside of school. Some comedy would be nice too nothing too romantic.

P.s. Attack of Titans is just unbelievable, wish there manga was a weekly though it'll catch up soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Special A. (Some romance). Seitokai No Ichizon. Fruits Basket. Ouran Highschool Host Club. Hyouka. (Mystery, but with a group of friends). Shugo Chara. Ladies versus Butlers. I'm guessing you want a kind of 'happier' school life anime, rather than one with like gore or something dark. (´∇ノ`*)ノ

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! is the first thing that springs to mind, followed by Hitohira and Sora no Manimani. Hard to think of high school series that have decent character and friendship development without it leading to romance. :hmmmm2:

Maybe try Gokusen and Great Teacher Onizuka too, if you don't mind the focus being on awesome teachers as well as their pupils. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! is the first thing that springs to mind, followed by Hitohira and Sora no Manimani. Hard to think of high school series that have decent character and friendship development without it leading to romance. :hmmmm2:

Maybe try Gokusen and Great Teacher Onizuka too, if you don't mind the focus being on awesome teachers as well as their pupils. :yes:

Thanks a lot I'll check them out. GTO sounds pretty cool :yep:
I have this issue that once I've seen a certain anime I'll become really attached to it for a while :lol:
Was an anime of yankee kun to megane chan ever made?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was an anime of yankee kun to megane chan ever made?

Not yet. :no:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Not yet. :no:

Damn that was a pretty good manga :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apologies for double post :tongue:

Original post by HayleyChuu
Special A. (Some romance). Seitokai No Ichizon. Fruits Basket. Ouran Highschool Host Club. Hyouka. (Mystery, but with a group of friends). Shugo Chara. Ladies versus Butlers. I'm guessing you want a kind of 'happier' school life anime, rather than one with like gore or something dark. (´∇ノ`*)ノ

I've heard about Ouran Highschool, what's it like in your opinion or anyone else here who's watched it?
Yeah haha happy as in not romance but something that doesn't make you feel sad or shaken. Code Geass was pretty cool though considering it's a psychological anime :yep:
Been lurking on this thread a while, thought it was probably time to post something. :biggrin:

I've been watching Code Geass recently, which I LOVE, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for anime similar? I'm finding that I slightly prefer the characters over the plot, if that helps.

In reply to the previous post, Ouran HSHC was one of the first anime I ever watched and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and the characters are great - I thought it was going to lean more to the romance side but it didn't, which I enjoyed. :smile:
Original post by drowninginsound
Been lurking on this thread a while, thought it was probably time to post something. :biggrin:

I've been watching Code Geass recently, which I LOVE, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for anime similar? I'm finding that I slightly prefer the characters over the plot, if that helps.

Welcome to the society. :biggrin:

This season's Sunrise mech show Kakumeiki Valvrave is an obvious recommendation, but if you'd prefer shows that are already finished, Death Note, Monster or Gankutsuou might be worth checking out. :smile:
Thanks! I'm halfway through Death Note at the moment but I'll definitely check out the others once exams are finished. :redface:
Thanks! I'm halfway through Death Note at the moment but I'll definitely check out the others once exams are finished. :redface:

Once you finish it you have got to watch code geass, its GOAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electro14
Once you finish it you have got to watch code geass, its GOAT

Erm, the whole reason I suggested Death Note and the others is that she's already watching Code Geass and wanted something similar. :p:

In reply to the previous post, Ouran HSHC was one of the first anime I ever watched and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and the characters are great - I thought it was going to lean more to the romance side but it didn't, which I enjoyed. :smile:

You may like Guilty Crown. I quite enjoyed it, however I may just be an exception since I haven't heard many people talk about it/
Thanks for all the replies - I'm looking forward to watching all the ones you've suggested!
Apologies for double post :tongue:

I've heard about Ouran Highschool, what's it like in your opinion or anyone else here who's watched it?
Yeah haha happy as in not romance but something that doesn't make you feel sad or shaken. Code Geass was pretty cool though considering it's a psychological anime :yep:

If you're looking for a funny school life anime Ouran Highschool Host Club is probably the best you're going to get. Some people may disagree but I weirdly preferred the dub to the sub. I just thought the voice acting was much more animated and funnier. (I prefer sub on pretty much every other anime apart from Ouran). I genuinely laughed at parts when I first watched it, you should give it a go. Its just a fun anime. Would highly recommend. Not long either, less than 30 eps. ◝(⁰▿⁰)◜
Neon Genesis Evangelion has to be one of the most daring animes ever, the ending was so abstract and unique o.O Nice to see an author venturing in an unusual direction.

Also, Code Geass is AMAZE, a lot of people get bored in season 2 but stick to the end, it's worth it. The depth of the plot and amount of character development in it make Death Note look so basic :') (No downplay to Death Note tho, still one of the best:biggrin:) Guilty Crown has the best artwork out of them though, although I don't think the plot was very smooth, took a bit of re-watching to understand it fully :/ (or maybe that's just me).
Original post by HayleyChuu
If you're looking for a funny school life anime Ouran Highschool Host Club is probably the best you're going to get. Some people may disagree but I weirdly preferred the dub to the sub. I just thought the voice acting was much more animated and funnier. (I prefer sub on pretty much every other anime apart from Ouran). I genuinely laughed at parts when I first watched it, you should give it a go. Its just a fun anime. Would highly recommend. Not long either, less than 30 eps. ◝(⁰▿⁰)◜

I watched the first episode, it seems interesting. So she's basically broken a vase that belongs to a host club that basically let women come and talk to them and make them feel special for a fee?

Watching Magi at the moment and it seems pretty awesome :yep:
I wish manhawas were made into anime :frown:
finished zan sayonara zetsubo sensei, best last episode ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tG7T1TyrE :rofl:

Latest