The Student Room Group

OCR F297 Case Study

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rdrd
Does anyone know how to work out return on equity? Please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Net Profit (after tax) divided by Shareholer funds X 100

£278920 divided by £3264000 X 100 = 8.55%

Evaluate the factors that Phil should take into account before making a decision over whether to sell electrically assisted bikes ??

Need help with this question please !!
Original post by naina157
What are the impacts of monetary policy on CCL?- changes in the rate of interest!

Evaluate the factors that Phil should take into account before making a decision over whether to sell electrically assisted bikes ??
Original post by Devina-S
It's an okay case study, not too boring. My teacher thinks it will be silly if decision trees don't come up as the calc, and there are a lot of econ elements to it so best to revise that since it is an almost guaranteed question!

Can u help me with this question pleae ??

Original post by 11msingh23

Can u help me with this question pleae ??

Doubt it would come up, but if it did i would probably use these points:

Economy- they are likely expensive, can customers afford?
Competitors- Are others selling these bikes, and can CCL compete with them?
Social trends- Will there be a pro-longed demand for electric bikes or is just a temporary trend?
They would probably be limited to the Mailot Juane stores, as it is unlikely they would sell electronic bikes in Peddlers since they are mountain bikes and rentals.
Reply 245
Not sure how to feel, I'd like to think I'm ready but at the same time I'm ****ting it! How're you feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
im doing chem 1st
Original post by Naina154
I have been told that they may ask you to work out the estimated monetary value with figures being given for one of the nodes and maybe some of the theory on decision trees such as the limitations/ benefits. It is unlikely that they will ask you to work out the EMV for all the nodes but they may do one. I personally wouldn't bother about decision trees however I was panicking like you a few days ago but thinking of it they cannot ask for a complicated or long answer for only a 13 marker but you can never know with OCR. If you want to practise then try making up figures and working out the EMV for those and it may help you if the questions pops up tommorow :smile:

This was very helpful thanks:smile:
Reply 248

Original post by ChristinaFay
This was very helpful thanks:smile:

No worries :smile:
How are you feeling about the exam and how is everyone here feeling?
Reply 249
Original post by 11msingh23
Net Profit (after tax) divided by Shareholer funds X 100

£278920 divided by £3264000 X 100 = 8.55%

How do you work out net profit after the tax- Where did you get the £278920 from?
Reply 250
How do you work out net profit after the tax- Where did you get the £278920 from?

Corporation tax is 24% so you take 24% off net profit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 251
Original post by ebduff
Corporation tax is 24% so you take 24% off net profit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, does it say cooperation tax is 24% in the case study?
Reply 252
Thanks, does it say cooperation tax is 24% in the case study?

it was said in the APT, not sure about case study
I feel ill I'm that nervous!!

also for the decision tree- do you just write the answers onto the decision tree diagram??
Reply 254
Original post by Ollymurslove
I feel ill I'm that nervous!!

also for the decision tree- do you just write the answers onto the decision tree diagram??

They will probably give you a table which says all the node numbers and you write the Numbers next to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 255
Original post by DJBM

Oh okay, thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by DJBM

Isnt ROE 11.24 %

367000 / 3265000 *100?
Reply 257
Original post by revise7869
Isnt ROE 11.24 %

367000 / 3265000 *100?

Yeah it is :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebduff
They will probably give you a table which says all the node numbers and you write the Numbers next to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay. So for example on the decision tree, you'd put for node 1- the overall best option and total?
Original post by Ollymurslove
Ah okay. So for example on the decision tree, you'd put for node 1- the overall best option and total?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending