The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
Original post by Malevolent
Looks like its Tebow time in Foxboro lol wonder what Bill is planning for him.

Caaaaaaaarazyyyyyy! I don't understand the move but Tebow can't hurt the game, I love all his media hype.
Original post by Wattsy
Caaaaaaaarazyyyyyy! I don't understand the move but Tebow can't hurt the game, I love all his media hype.

BB gonna take pleasure in trying to stomp out the media circus.
Reply 6262
BB gonna take pleasure in trying to stomp out the media circus.

Christmas list... Tebow Pats shirt fo'sho even if I never wear it! I think you're right, BB is so straight up, so opposite to RR but I suppose for the Jets you have to play on the crazy media.
Original post by Wattsy
Christmas list... Tebow Pats shirt fo'sho even if I never wear it! I think you're right, BB is so straight up, so opposite to RR but I suppose for the Jets you have to play on the crazy media.

Bill gonna bring tebow on to score against the Jets lol haha

Tebow jersey if he does the squad most definitely :laugh:
Reply 6264
Bill gonna bring tebow on to score against the Jets lol haha

Tebow jersey if he does the squad most definitely :laugh:

I think I'd start Geno Smith over Sanchez to be honest for the Jets, they're in dire straits. I just took the Jets over on Madden and I start Tebow. I can't even trade Sanchez and if I released him the cap pen would be £10M!
Original post by Wattsy
I think I'd start Geno Smith over Sanchez to be honest for the Jets, they're in dire straits. I just took the Jets over on Madden and I start Tebow. I can't even trade Sanchez and if I released him the cap pen would be £10M!

Such is how bad of a team they are haha literally in the ****ter
Reply 6266
Such is how bad of a team they are haha literally in the ****ter

They're 125/1 for the Superbowl... to put that into perspective, Cleveland are at 80/1, Buffalo are at 150/1 along with Tennessee, Jags and Raiders are at 250/1

"So Tebow, about that Jets playbook?"
Reply 6268
The Jets are unbelievably bad. Sanchez isn't their franchise future QB, and Smith isn't either. Its funny because they are stuck with Sanchez as well.

Apparently Tebow will 'study' for tight end. I don't think that will happen and instead be brought in for the occasional Fourth and 1, 3rd and short, if only to keep Brady healthy. Could be used for the occasional trick play as well. Apparently he's sorted out his throwing motion now, and no longer has that ridiculous wind-up.

I do love the guy though. I remember that game against the Broncs, Tebow Time!
Reply 6269
Original post by HYPERbol
The Jets are unbelievably bad. Sanchez isn't their franchise future QB, and Smith isn't either. Its funny because they are stuck with Sanchez as well.

Apparently Tebow will 'study' for tight end. I don't think that will happen and instead be brought in for the occasional Fourth and 1, 3rd and short, if only to keep Brady healthy. Could be used for the occasional trick play as well. Apparently he's sorted out his throwing motion now, and no longer has that ridiculous wind-up.

I do love the guy though. I remember that game against the Broncs, Tebow Time!

Sanchez, definitely not. But I really do think Smith is a huge talent and could really do well and have a good season if he starts.

Judging by all the Tebow antics about 'not playing QB', I doubt he'll play tight end. As for playing on 3rd and short and 4th and 1, I think that would mess up so many things around their camp. Just imagine if he can't get that 1 yard two games in a row. The media would have a field day!! And I've seen his throwing motion, his wind up is still soooo much lower than where it should be but tbf to the guy, he has improved it a lot. I actually really like him and his work ethic and general ethos. I hope he does well and can prove all these guys saying he's **** wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I give him 2 weeks before he's cut haha. Doubt this people managed to change his foot mechanics and throwing mechanics that much.
Reply 6271
I give him 2 weeks before he's cut haha. Doubt this people managed to change his foot mechanics and throwing mechanics that much.

Nah, I reckon they'll keep him on. If there's anywhere in the league that he will improve its with the pats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bornab3
Nah, I reckon they'll keep him on. If there's anywhere in the league that he will improve its with the pats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but what is he gonna plat Patriots don't keep 3 QB's and they barely play with a FB if they do its usually Hernandez for the mismatc. HB they are loaded with Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Blount, Bolden and TE meh possibly. I just can't see him lasting.
Reply 6273
Original post by bornab3
Sanchez, definitely not. But I really do think Smith is a huge talent and could really do well and have a good season if he starts.

Judging by all the Tebow antics about 'not playing QB', I doubt he'll play tight end. As for playing on 3rd and short and 4th and 1, I think that would mess up so many things around their camp. Just imagine if he can't get that 1 yard two games in a row. The media would have a field day!! And I've seen his throwing motion, his wind up is still soooo much lower than where it should be but tbf to the guy, he has improved it a lot. I actually really like him and his work ethic and general ethos. I hope he does well and can prove all these guys saying he's **** wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like smith too but it only takes one look at the 'weapons' the jets qb is gonna be working with to realise it would be hard for anyone to thrive there
Yeah but what is he gonna plat Patriots don't keep 3 QB's and they barely play with a FB if they do its usually Hernandez for the mismatc. HB they are loaded with Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Blount, Bolden and TE meh possibly. I just can't see him lasting.

Talking about HB, are you actually gonna keep five guys?
Original post by ProgFeanor
Talking about HB, are you actually gonna keep five guys?

Not sure.

-Ridley lock to make it. Hes apparently bulked up and is looking HUGE since the one thing he sucked at last year was breaking tackles.
- Vereen will take over the Woodhead role possibly line up as a WR for mismatches as well.
- Washington been apparently immense at OTA Special teams drills could see some Woohead role as well, good guy to have in a locker room too.
- Blount I dunno might if he gets his **** straight but I think he will be in competition with Bolden who found himself in Bills doghouse after the PED suspension so I think Blount has a slight inside track over Bolden

Can't see the Patriots carrying 5 RB's when its likely we're already going to carry 5-6 TE's
Reply 6276
Original post by bornab3

I don't really like the idea of throwing Geno into the fire unless its clear that he's significantly better than Mark by the end of TC. I hope he will be in the long run but if there's no one to throw to, apart from Kerley but come on who builds an offence around a slot receiver, it makes a little bit of sense to start Sanchez at least in the first few games and let him really stink it up (suck for Clowney/Bridgewater :P )

But i think if you look at the last 2 drafts for the Colts last year they had the flashy offensive draft and this year they had a draft to really beef it up, i think that's what the Jets' plan is, i mean if they don't draft some playmakers next year after drafting 4 linemen (3 O and 1 D), then something is up
Reply 6277
Original post by alexsong
I like smith too but it only takes one look at the 'weapons' the jets qb is gonna be working with to realise it would be hard for anyone to thrive there

I agree, it's a terrible situation for any qb to be in, but I think Smith would cope so much better than Sanchez, even if it is just to get a talented rookie QB in with an exciting feel about it, it's worth it in my opinion.
Don't think its a good idea to put him in the fire so early. Could ruin him.
Reply 6279
Original post by jh.
I don't really like the idea of throwing Geno into the fire unless its clear that he's significantly better than Mark by the end of TC. I hope he will be in the long run but if there's no one to throw to, apart from Kerley but come on who builds an offence around a slot receiver, it makes a little bit of sense to start Sanchez at least in the first few games and let him really stink it up (suck for Clowney/Bridgewater :P )

But i think if you look at the last 2 drafts for the Colts last year they had the flashy offensive draft and this year they had a draft to really beef it up, i think that's what the Jets' plan is, i mean if they don't draft some playmakers next year after drafting 4 linemen (3 O and 1 D), then something is up

I agree with your point but I really think that Smith's style of play would get them that extra win than Sanchez this year. I think it would make much more sense to keep him out for the year if they had an experienced quarterback for him to learn from for a year (Kaepernick - A.Smith) and then bring him in with those second year draft picks. I agree with what you say their plan is and think they'll be in a much better state next year but I think if Geno played for one year before the 'beefing up' it wouldn't do him THAT much harm as opposed to the good it would do. Especially since everyone understands that he has no one to throw to, he wouldn't come under a lot of criticism.

Latest