The Student Room Group

Imperial College London Postgraduate Offer Holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tpx
Hi,

I've got a conditional offer (which I should meet) for the MRes in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation :smile:

I've applied for on-campus accommodation: £93/w for shared bathroom/kitchen, including energy bills. Ascot/Sunningdale is quite a wealthy area, so I can't imagine that it is cheaper to rent privately.

Cool! Congrats! That course was my second choice. Any idea what you're interested in researching?...Yes, that is cheaper, but not by much. I've found some properties around 425 a month with bills included. I'm a bit concerned that there won't be many students around, but I strongly dislike living on campus, so...guess I'll just have to deal with it!
Reply 81
My bachelor's qualification was incorrect in their database. So it didn't match my certificates! Got a mail last night, they corrected it..Phew! There's still time for the Visa applications, can't apply before July it seems. I was just getting anxious to make sure all the paperwork's in place. But i don't think the Visa applications take a lot of time. 3 weeks max, and they hurry it up if the course it about to start. So you have plenty of time. :smile:

Hey Tpx, congrats on your offer!
Great to know there are others going to Silwood here. I've applied for the £93/w accommodation too.
I've been working in for the past year, so it'll be great to get back to school, and I'm super excited!
Original post by lilnikkita
Cool! Congrats! That course was my second choice. Any idea what you're interested in researching?...Yes, that is cheaper, but not by much. I've found some properties around 425 a month with bills included. I'm a bit concerned that there won't be many students around, but I strongly dislike living on campus, so...guess I'll just have to deal with it!

I can put up with living on-campus for a year... but I couldn't imagine that for the length of a PhD!

I'm mostly interested in evolution and behavioural ecology. I have made a small list of what researchers I'm interested in, but I need to start doing some reading soon.
Reply 83
Hey, congratulations on your offer! I think they give you the option of getting a form filled out by your university that confirms your grade.

Best of luck! :smile:

Original post by elGeneral
Hey guys,

Has any of you experience with meeting your conditions regarding the Bachelor transcript? I will be done with my Bsc ont he 15th of August. However, my official transcript will not be completed until late september. Because the dean has to sign everything and he will be on vacation, this will take forever- What should I do?
Is there maybe a form or something? My Uni will officially know, that I have passed and my grade, its just the transcript :frown:
Reply 84
Hi guys,

I applied to The Imperial College MSc Petroleum Geophysics programme. Sadly, I wasnt offered a place even though i thought i stood a pretty good chance as i have a good required first degree, very relevant work experience, funding etc.

Has anyone ever been in that situation and can you please share what you did to somehow get a place. Any ideas on what to do from the general house? I really want to study at Imperial College! Thanks
Reply 85
Original post by upendi
Hi guys,

I applied to The Imperial College MSc Petroleum Geophysics programme. Sadly, I wasnt offered a place even though i thought i stood a pretty good chance as i have a good required first degree, very relevant work experience, funding etc.

Has anyone ever been in that situation and can you please share what you did to somehow get a place. Any ideas on what to do from the general house? I really want to study at Imperial College! Thanks

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. Sometimes life is unfair but it has to go on. I got accepted into the MSc Geophysics program for the 2013-2014 academic term. I contacted one of the program's admission tutor who also happens to be one of the program's lecturers a few weeks before applying. She told me she'll give an answer 1 week after I send in my full application and she did. I got an offer on 1st February 2013.

So I think applying early in the year and contacting the admission's tutor before applying would be a good tactic in the future to get acceptance.

You can PM me if you want to discuss this matter in more detail as I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Best of luck in your future endeavours!

-Daniel
Reply 86
I received an offer for a masters in public health, and I am currently trying to decide between Imperial and Kings. Does anybody have any advice? I'm worried about job prospects when I come out, given that I have no work experience in a health related field, and Imperial seems to have a strong emphasis on research.

Thanks!
Reply 87
Hi Everyone,

I am going to start my MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering with Biotechnology this September and I am an overseas student. I have some doubts with respect to the accommodation. Does anyone know something about the GradPad accommodation or if there are other options? Do you advise seeking for private accommodation ? Anyone is looking for a roommate? It is impossible to apply for on-campus accommodation if you are a postgraduate student?. Sorry for so much questions but I am concerned about where I am going to live. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it very much.
Reply 88
I studied at LSE and Warwick University and in both cases private accommodation proved to be cheaper and at higher standard. You might be interested in this:

Single or Double Room Available in 2 Bedroom Apartment, Kings Road, CHELSEA (zone 1). Dates very flexible.

Single room (270pw) OR double room (300pw) available in a spacious, well laid out first floor, two bedroom apartment along the vibrant Kings Road in Chelsea, London. Includes all bills, council tax and broadband/internet. Very central and close to transport links: Sloane Square (zone 1), Fullham Broadway and Imperial Wharf (zone 2). The apartment is only 1 minute away from the Thames.

The rooms are located at the back of property away from bustling street. All rooms in the property get a lot of light. The kitchen is fully fitted and the bathroom is very modern. Private message for photos and more info. :smile:

Original post by dstudent07
Hi Everyone,

I am going to start my MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering with Biotechnology this September and I am an overseas student. I have some doubts with respect to the accommodation. Does anyone know something about the GradPad accommodation or if there are other options? Do you advise seeking for private accommodation ? Anyone is looking for a roommate? It is impossible to apply for on-campus accommodation if you are a postgraduate student?. Sorry for so much questions but I am concerned about where I am going to live. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it very much.
Reply 89
Hi,

thank you for the information but I think 270 ppw is very expensive, the gradpad studios are cheaper than that. I am just wondering as advice is better for me to go to a student residence such as gradpad? And how are these residences paying them are worthy? Or is better to look flats for share with other people instead of the residences for students?. Thank you.
I have this problem with accomodation too. I'm gonna (almost certainly) attend a PhD in chemistry , and wanted to have some suggestion too... i was looking at gradpad or independent student living but I don't know ..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by upendi
Hi guys,

Hello! Something similar happens to me with heriot watt Uni this year, but the problem was that they didn't have more places available for this year. Lets try again this year and I will highly suggest u to apply also for heriot watt Uni which was the same reputation in petroleum engineering and its petroleum engineering institute has been consistently rated in the top 3 in the world...ok so try to apply as soon as you can around September and U will certainly get a place, good luck with your application....probably see u next year...btw where r u from? I'm Colombian.
Original post by Tpx
I can put up with living on-campus for a year... but I couldn't imagine that for the length of a PhD!

I'm mostly interested in evolution and behavioural ecology. I have made a small list of what researchers I'm interested in, but I need to start doing some reading soon.

You already know what researchers you're interested in? Oh my, you're ahead of me! I only recognized one scientist on the list of lecturers from last year's handbook. Anyway, I suppose I should start reading soon as well! :tongue:
Original post by GreenIt
My bachelor's qualification was incorrect in their database. So it didn't match my certificates! Got a mail last night, they corrected it..Phew! There's still time for the Visa applications, can't apply before July it seems. I was just getting anxious to make sure all the paperwork's in place. But i don't think the Visa applications take a lot of time. 3 weeks max, and they hurry it up if the course it about to start. So you have plenty of time. :smile:

Hey Tpx, congrats on your offer!
Great to know there are others going to Silwood here. I've applied for the £93/w accommodation too.
I've been working in for the past year, so it'll be great to get back to school, and I'm super excited!

Glad you got that sorted!...I've been working for the past six months and traveling now. I'm also very excited to be a student again! Good luck with your preparations!
Original post by lilnikkita
You already know what researchers you're interested in? Oh my, you're ahead of me! I only recognized one scientist on the list of lecturers from last year's handbook. Anyway, I suppose I should start reading soon as well! :tongue:

Oh, no not really. :smile: What I should have said is that I have a list that excludes the lecturers I'm not interested in (crops, conservation), so it's still too long to be practical.
Reply 95
Original post by Oscardo
Hello! Something similar happens to me with heriot watt Uni this year, but the problem was that they didn't have more places available for this year. Lets try again this year and I will highly suggest u to apply also for heriot watt Uni which was the same reputation in petroleum engineering and its petroleum engineering institute has been consistently rated in the top 3 in the world...ok so try to apply as soon as you can around September and U will certainly get a place, good luck with your application....probably see u next year...btw where r u from? I'm Colombian.

Hi Oscardo,

heriot watt has a fantastic reputation in pet Eng but I am actually applying to pet Geophysics. Not so sure if they are that strong there. Thanks for your tip though. will try again this year. All the best!
Reply 96
Original post by ehendow
Hey I have a postgrad offer for Msc Biomedical Engineering!

What are people doing about accommodation??

Hi I also have an offer for MSc Biomedical Engineering!:smile:

I chose gradpad because you really get a lot for the price.

What did you choose?
Reply 97
Original post by dstudent07
Hi Everyone,

Hello I am an overseas student as well and I searched for weeks looking at all the various accommodation packages for postgraduate. i finally settled on Grad pad because its strictly postgraduate accommodation, there are groceries, banks and shops nearby in addition to transport connection. I did not want to risk booking somewhere from gumtree because I do not have anyone to check it out for me since I am not in the UK right now.
Reply 98
Original post by RisseD
Hello I am an overseas student as well and I searched for weeks looking at all the various accommodation packages for postgraduate. i finally settled on Grad pad because its strictly postgraduate accommodation, there are groceries, banks and shops nearby in addition to transport connection. I did not want to risk booking somewhere from gumtree because I do not have anyone to check it out for me since I am not in the UK right now.

Hi,

Which Gradpad accommodation did you choose? Woodlane ? Griffon ? or Orient house ? Where are you from?? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by rukutaneja
Hey, everyone :smile:
Just wanted to know if anyone else has a postgraduate offer from Imperial College London & the course you have opted for!
Mine:-
Course: MSc Strategic Marketing

Hello,

MSc Biomedical Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending