The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 4 6BI04 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel the same :/ I always over think it and do not mention the obvious. Hopefully this time, I think I did. Fingers crossed
Who else has unit 5 next week? :frown:

Original post by blue21
That's so true! Sometimes I feel the questions should be in a gcse paper. Ohhh unit 5 :frown:(( I have it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so so worried about unit 5
Reply 501
I wish they'd give us ample time to answer the questions thoughtfully rather than having to rush and be paced. We could just leave early if we were done!
Reply 502
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it.
Yuck. Unit 5. But its better than unit 4 I guess less content. Its synoptic! -_-

I think I prefer unit 5, just haven't really started revising for it yet which is really bad!! The pre release puts me off the most!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 503
First question about the quadrat - I'm not sure I even explicitly said 'count number of squares with the unicellular organism in' which is just a free mark basically!
Reply 504
Original post by blue21
I think I prefer unit 5, just haven't really started revising for it yet which is really bad!! The pre release puts me off the most!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither. I have done revision notes but nit many past papers :frown:
It does doesn't it!
Reply 505
Original post by Sravya
so so worried about unit 5

We have till Monday :smile: that's plenty of time to go through it all! Don't panic yet!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 506
Original post by anisa_shah
can anyone please give the main points of how TB occurs? have a feeling it might come up tomorrow!

haha you were right!
Reply 507
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile Loved the global warming/carbon neutral questionn:biggrin:

What did you write for the carbon neutral question?
Reply 508
Original post by blue21
7ishhh maybe 8, what was the whole enzyme question about!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you remind me of the enzyme question? my minds gone blank I can't remember it =/
Reply 509
Original post by blue21
Those questions were so good!! And the last question was nice as well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you write for the last question about changes in phenotype being too slow? I spoke about allele frequency and evolution =/
Reply 510
Original post by Alia223
What did you write for the carbon neutral question?

The second bit was about greenhouse gas and radiating the long wave that the earth radiates out after absorbing.

The first bit was energy used to cut the forest. If those trees have been there a long time then the carbon was trapped a while ago. And once the biofuels are in use it still takes machinery and transport.
Reply 511
What about why measure the KJ over a year and not just the mass on one day for the NPP? I think I rambled on a bit there...
Reply 512
Original post by Alia223
can you remind me of the enzyme question? my minds gone blank I can't remember it =/

Something about how the enzyme will cause cell lysis wasn't it. But was it our enzyme or the bacteria's enzyme - can't remember.
Reply 513
I thought that was an odd exam really, it seemed to almost have a lot of topic 3 things in it, especially with the second question in about how a single cell divides into a group of genetically identical cells. I felt like with that question it wanted us to go into detail with mitosis, but then it was only 3 marks... There were some nice 'easy' questions though, like picking the 4 biofuels and naming the bases. Also, what did any of you put for the multiple choice question about whether light intensity and moisture content affected the distribution of that unicellular organism?
Reply 514
Original post by Brad0440
I thought that was an odd exam really, it seemed to almost have a lot of topic 3 things in it, especially with the second question in about how a single cell divides into a group of genetically identical cells. I felt like with that question it wanted us to go into detail with mitosis, but then it was only 3 marks... There were some nice 'easy' questions though, like picking the 4 biofuels and naming the bases. Also, what did any of you put for the multiple choice question about whether light intensity and moisture content affected the distribution of that unicellular organism?

I put both. The first choice I think. There didn't seem to be much evidence that one was a much more significant factor...
Reply 515
Original post by Ziggy_72
I put both. The first choice I think. There didn't seem to be much evidence that one was a much more significant factor...

That's what I put too. :smile:
Original post by Brad0440

I agree, when I read the question about naming the bases I was like " lol what .. :eek:?" The exam wasn't hard but I tought that there were some tough/unfamiliar questions. I struggelled with the timing in the first few questions but I eventually managed to finish it on time tough.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 517
Original post by Alia223

It was about the enzyme that was made from the virus and how it caused lysis to the cell membrane I think, it was quite confusing :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 518
Original post by Ziggy_72

Yeah, I did the same.
That was well weird, NO DATA ANALYSIS :O

Tiny little bit on global warming, no tree rings, peat bog etc

No succession as well omg

Got a feeling a made daft mistakes though :/

I put Cystine instead of Cytosine lawl. :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending