The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 4 6BI04 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by ELB141
2 questions- how many marks for 1st question on genetically identical- I thought 2 so only put cell division- mitosis- asexual reproduction... But now I'm doubting myself like every other question!
Also- for biotic factor- I put food availability?! WHYYY.. This can't be right can it?

I think it was two or three marks for the mitosis question... not sure.
But the biotic factor... the cells were photosynthetic weren't they? So they make their own food? I said about competition for water from other organisms, not sure though...
Reply 561
Original post by benyp7
I think it was two or three marks for the mitosis question... not sure.
But the biotic factor... the cells were photosynthetic weren't they? So they make their own food? I said about competition for water from other organisms, not sure though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said competition for nutrients from other species.... :/ wasn't it two mark qs?
Reply 562
I'm trying to remember what the topics were for each question, could anyone help me out?

2. Photosynthesis?
3. NPP/GPP and Carbon Cycle
7. DNA and pathogens
8. Species, reproductive isolation - Chiffchaffs and Warblers
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 563
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

I said competition for nutrients from other species.... :/ wasn't it two mark qs?

Yeah pretty much the same as me then, i think so...
Reply 564
Original post by Sandy7
I think the A boundary will be 68/90!

impossible
Reply 565
Original post by benyp7
Yeah pretty much the same as me then, i think so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, hopefully it won't be that bad. There are generous examiers out there :smile:
Reply 566
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, hopefully it won't be that bad. There are generous examiers out there :smile:

I remember doing a past paper and there was the same question for two marks - two of the marks were 1) skin acts as a physical barrier and 2) skin flora outcompetes pathogenic bacteria for nutrients/space/etc. There will probably be other points to get marks like others have mentioned, you have most likely got 2/2 marks on that question though I reckon.
Reply 567
did anyone else get stuck on the photsynthesis question, where it had the picture of the leaf.. can't remember the question but what were the answers to those two?
Reply 568
Original post by benyp7
The question didnt ask what they were, it asked for you to suggest what they do...
You needed to say they aid in the translation and transcription of the viral RNA so new viruses could be replicated.
I doubt there will be any marks for naming enzymes!

Yes I know they were not asking to name the enzymes. I was just asking what enzymes they could have been talking about.
That is where I mentioned that one enzyme involved in reversing transcription from viral RNA into viral DNA, and another enzyme integrating the Viral DNA into the host's DNA.
Reply 569
Original post by p1234h
did anyone else get stuck on the photsynthesis question, where it had the picture of the leaf.. can't remember the question but what were the answers to those two?

Something about midrib and lamina's.....
Reply 570
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

I put Competition for the biotic factor. And I said exactly what you said about the nutrients and space.
Reply 571
Original post by C94
Something about midrib and lamina's.....

yeah thats the one, what was the answer? :s-smilie:
Reply 572
Original post by p1234h

I'm not sure, my answer was terrible. I definitely lost marks there.
Reply 573
Original post by Qwob
I remember doing a past paper and there was the same question for two marks - two of the marks were 1) skin acts as a physical barrier and 2) skin flora outcompetes pathogenic bacteria for nutrients/space/etc. There will probably be other points to get marks like others have mentioned, you have most likely got 2/2 marks on that question though I reckon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes! I wrote about skin flora competing for space too
Thanks btw :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 574
Original post by p1234h

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lamina contains chlorophyll right? There storma where LIR takes place? Therefore would make glucose from GALP....
And the midrib would carry minerals from the soil? Which maybe used up? I'm not sure if they are right but I think that's what I wrote :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
first question was chloroplast and nucleus which identifys it as a eukaryotic cell?
what did everyone write for the how will NPP values benefit the farmer for his cattle or something?
Reply 576
Original post by C94
I'm not sure, my answer was terrible. I definitely lost marks there.

The question was about THIN lamina and VESSELS in midrib.
For lamina, I said light will reach all photosynthetic cells for light dependent reactions
For vessels. Provide water to cells? :confused:
They asked why thin lamina and vessels in midrib are a good thing, right?
Reply 577
Original post by demiman123
first question was chloroplast and nucleus which identifys it as a eukaryotic cell? since bacteria have cell walls too it cant be that

what did everyone write for the how will NPP values benefit the farmer for his cattle or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

NPP question was
GPP = 10400
You multiply it by 0.45 = 4680 this is NPP ?
If you take NPP from the GPP, that would give you the respiration.

Is that right guys? :frown: I'm not certain... coz NPP and respiration should add up to GPP
Reply 578
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

NPP question was
GPP = 10400
You multiply it by 0.45 = 4680 this is NPP ?
If you take NPP from the GPP, that would give you the respiration.

Is that right guys? :frown: I'm not certain... coz NPP and respiration should add up to GPP

Got the same NPP as yours. R = GPP - NPP
Reply 579
Original post by Abod
Got the same NPP as yours. R = GPP - NPP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! So maybe I got one mark :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending