The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Wolfubzero
Hey, I've applied for the same course :biggrin: (and how on Earth did you manage to get an unconditional offer!?)

It's only unconditional cause I took a gap year and already have the grades :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 141
Has anyone else firmed Clinical Science for this year? :smile: Also, I've applied to James Owen Court, Lafrowda and St. German's for accommodation.. I live quite near to Exeter, and it's such a nice place, the campus is beautiful! Not long til we all go now, exciting stuff!
Original post by Stevo F
It's only unconditional cause I took a gap year and already have the grades :smile:

I realised that after I asked - well done on getting in. Hope to see you there (although maybe not after the exam I had this morning)! :smile:
Reply 143
I realised that after I asked - well done on getting in. Hope to see you there (although maybe not after the exam I had this morning)! :smile:

I'm sure you'll be ok :smile:
Original post by Stevo F

I'm sure you'll be ok :smile:

Almost half of my class walked out crying :s-smilie:
Reply 145

Maybe it's just a hard exam so good UMS?

Blimey what exam was this?
Original post by ginger_comedian
Blimey what exam was this?

OCR Mechanics 2 (MEI), which was meant to be the easiest of the three I'm taking this summer. We figure they've changed examiners, because that exam was murder. UMS scores don't seem to have changed much over the years, so I doubt they will now.
Reply 148
Original post by josephstewart
Hey guys! I've firmed English with Study in North America, anyone else here that's firmed the same course? I'd love to chat!

Also, I've applied for Lafrowda and St. German's :smile:

Yeah dude firmed same course, and applied for lafrowda aswell :wink:
Reply 149
Original post by SagarG
Yeah dude firmed same course, and applied for lafrowda aswell :wink:

I'm doing straight English and also applied for Lafrowda :smile: doing the 'abroad' stuff at the moment :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 150
Original post by splodge88
I'm doing straight English and also applied for Lafrowda :smile: doing the 'abroad' stuff at the moment :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh - so are you in your 2nd year ? you've confused me about doing the abroad stuff now haha
Reply 151
Original post by SagarG
ahh - so are you in your 2nd year ? you've confused me about doing the abroad stuff now haha

Ahh sorry, what I wrote was ridiculously vague!

I'm on a gap year before university! So, I worked for a few months and now I'm travelling abroad (teaching English in Vietnam, then travelling onwards around SE Asia). I'm in Cambodia at the moment, but have been looking at the Exeter threads to help me decide on accommodation choices.

So...in September (or whenever it starts), I will be studying BA English :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by splodge88
Ahh sorry, what I wrote was ridiculously vague!

I'm on a gap year before university! So, I worked for a few months and now I'm travelling abroad (teaching English in Vietnam, then travelling onwards around SE Asia). I'm in Cambodia at the moment, but have been looking at the Exeter threads to help me decide on accommodation choices.

So...in September (or whenever it starts), I will be studying BA English :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow man that's awesome I never even thought about taking a gap year and studying... you must be an on unconditional offer then? what was your offer if you don't mind me asking
and I take it your going to go abroad during the course too?

i've been looking at the universities you can go abroad and study, and I found out University of California has been taken off :frown: really wanted to go there !!
Original post by Lydiabee
Firmed MPhys Physics with Astrophysics and have applied for Lafrowda, so excited haha.

Im doing the exact same course! (if I get in :/) But not in your accommodation.
Firmed out economics. Would be great if I got in!
Reply 155
Messed up my C4 exam :frown: Say it's around a 50/50 chance, I hope I get in or I'm taking another gap year :biggrin: I can't see myself going anywhere else.
Well, I've done my exams now. I just hope to God I get in! French was a little bit iffy but RS was pretty good so fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone else too :biggrin:
I've firmed for History :smile:
Reply 158
Original post by SagarG
oh wow man that's awesome I never even thought about taking a gap year and studying... you must be an on unconditional offer then? what was your offer if you don't mind me asking
and I take it your going to go abroad during the course too?

i've been looking at the universities you can go abroad and study, and I found out University of California has been taken off :frown: really wanted to go there !!

Yup, unconditional offer - so nice not to have the stress of last year! I didn't actually apply to Exeter last year, so I don't know what grades they would have asked for (my final grades were A*AAB). How is your offer?

And actually I'm not going abroad on the course. I think it's probably a great think to do, but for me I'd rather continue my studying in the same place.

I don't know any of the details, but I've heard of people chasing up partner universities themselves - so maybe if you have your heart set on California it might still be possible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
firmed history and politics and put down birks grange village for accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest