The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Really? I'll have another look :mmm:

6 mark questions on equilibrium and fuel cells were a gift in my opinion, I got 11/12 on them two and I normally get 2 or 3 marks on the 6 markers.
Original post by Red Fox
6 mark questions on equilibrium and fuel cells were a gift in my opinion, I got 11/12 on them two and I normally get 2 or 3 marks on the 6 markers.

Yeah, those two are nice ones:smile:
Reply 282
Yeah, those two are nice ones:smile:

I'm just gonna read over C4 and I should be ready to go for full UMS.
Original post by Red Fox
I'm just gonna read over C4 and I should be ready to go for full UMS.

Aah :awesome: I wanna re cap C6
Reply 284
Aah :awesome: I wanna re cap C6

I did C6 before I went to school this morning and focused heavily on C5 yesterday. I'm actually starting to like Chemistry more than Physics.
Reply 285
Original post by Puffin111
I didn't know there was a specimen paper, where did you get it from? I can't find it on the ocr website..

http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/science-triple-gcse-ocr-year-11.htm

Mark scheme is at the end of the PDF. (There's last year's one too but it's the old spec, the new one is just on the "Specimen" row.)
Reply 286
Original post by Red Fox
I did C6 before I went to school this morning and focused heavily on C5 yesterday. I'm actually starting to like Chemistry more than Physics.

I find it really weird that there seems to be more logic involved in chemistry than physics now. Surely it should be the other way round!

I managed to get a much higher mark in chemistry on my mock than I did in physics with very little revision which I was really surprised about.
Reply 287
I didn't know there was a specimen paper, where did you get it from? I can't find it on the ocr website..

I know someone has posted a link but for future reference it's listed under "Assessment Materials" on the OCR website.
Reply 288
Original post by cameron262
I find it really weird that there seems to be more logic involved in chemistry than physics now. Surely it should be the other way round!

I managed to get a much higher mark in chemistry on my mock than I did in physics with very little revision which I was really surprised about.

I haven't done the Physics paper yet. Haven't even touched the revision guide, we have 5 days to revise it starting tomorrow.
The Physics specimin is ok(i got 68). The Chemistry one was really hard though. Drove me nuts
Reply 290
Original post by Turtlefushsia
Why is it easier for hydrogen ions to be discharged not sodium in electrolysis of naOH. So like how will we know what the products will be?

Hydrogen is made rather than sodium as sodium is much higher up in the reactivity series so hydrogen is discharged in preference :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I know someone has posted a link but for future reference it's listed under "Assessment Materials" on the OCR website.

I looked but I still cant find it, but thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by cameron262
http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/science-triple-gcse-ocr-year-11.htm

Mark scheme is at the end of the PDF. (There's last year's one too but it's the old spec, the new one is just on the "Specimen" row.)

Thankyou! :biggrin:
Reply 293
I looked but I still cant find it, but thanks anyway :smile:

Are you sure you clicked the from 2011 course and not the from 2012 one?
I am really worried about this exam as I have had exams every day this week and a few last week as well so I haven't really had enough time to revise for it :s-smilie:
Does anyone know the rough grade boundaries and how hard it is to get an A/A*?
Original post by Red Fox
Are you sure you clicked the from 2011 course and not the from 2012 one?

I thought I clicked on the 2012 one because its the new specification. But don't worry, cameron262 gave me a link so ive got it now :smile:
Reply 296
I thought I clicked on the 2012 one because its the new specification. But don't worry, cameron262 gave me a link so ive got it now :smile:

Ok and I mean you're mean to click on the 2011 one because that's when you started the course if you're sitting the C4C5C6 exam this year.
is anyone finding the half-equations for the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells are hard to revise?
also-any help for CFC's or the contact process would be appreciated!
Original post by benwalters1996
is anyone finding the half-equations for the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells are hard to revise?
also-any help for CFC's or the contact process would be appreciated!

Just remember...

Oxygen + Water + Electrons = Hydroxide Ions

O(2) + 4H(2)O + 4e- = 4OH-

Hydroxide Ions + Hydrogen = Water + Electrons

4OH- + 2H(2) ---> 2H(2)O + 4e-

_

What help do you need with them?
I think there's a mistake in the CGP book.

Page 93

2. So they are attracted to the negative anode and are reduced to copper atoms....

:lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending