The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BUSS3, 13 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ashbery94
was such a ****ty paper! didnt use any ratios or anything i paniced so much and i swear they dont give us enough time for this paper! i didnt even finish properly theres too much information. now i cant go to ****ing uni cause of this paper!!! im so effin pissed!

I used ROCE and Current Ratio...
Original post by nadster
Did you get 3 years and 1.2 months for question one and ARR of 13%?
Also, I ran out of time so could only write two points in favour and one against for the last question :/
Good paper though

My mind went black for payback I had no idea how to work it out :colondollar: But I got ARR right :cool:
Reply 322
Original post by dmerry
not specifically was just wondering if we were ment to and whether anyone did lol

Don't think we were meant to
Reply 323
Original post by Forza-Milan2011
**** my calculator was on a strange mode and give me 1.3 for the ARR instead of 13 % !! i hope they dont see the point then

Don't think your calc was on ****ty mode... Think you divided by one hundred then multiplied by one hundred. You were meant to divide by ten
Did we need to define ARR and Payback for the first question? Because I forgot to do that but did the calculation/interpretation/investment criteria right, will I still lose two marks for this? Overall, good paper, better than the last one I did but ran out of time on the last question so didn't do as much evaluation as I'd like. But then again, I thought I done well last time and hadn't, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 325
Original post by will2348
Did we need to define ARR and Payback for the first question? Because I forgot to do that but did the calculation/interpretation/investment criteria right, will I still lose two marks for this? Overall, good paper, better than the last one I did but ran out of time on the last question so didn't do as much evaluation as I'd like. But then again, I thought I done well last time and hadn't, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we had to define.. I hope not anyway
Completely forgot about ROCE too but used other ratios and did a percentage change for operating profit but oh well.

What are the grade boundaries usually like for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was alright overall! hope in low grade boundaries
Reply 328
For God sake I ran out of time, ended only doing a page and a quarter for the last question. ****, I'm so depressed as I ended talking about market development for the last question. Omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 329
i didnt use any ratios i used ROCE and Gearing though
I thought the case study was good, although Peter wanted to do WAY too much to his business (Globalisation, organisational structure, new product AND change the factory!)

I used current radio, gearing (I panicked and used this is suggest if they didn't have enough capital they could get a loan to help production/quality of new product?) and ROCE.

My main problem was timing, I totally lost track of time and had 30 minutes to answer question 4... damn...
Overall decent paper. Wee bit pushed for time on the third question. Never got to write the conclusion. I guess I got the ARR wrong because I put 38% for it. Got 3 years and 1.24 months for Payback though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Failed the first question so hard! I thought ARR was divided by five for the average profit because its Year 0 1 2 3 4 but apparently you only divide by 4 :frown:
Reply 333
I got 13% of ARR and 3 years 1.2 months for payback is this correct?
Reply 334
Original post by CharlieTT
Overall decent paper. Wee bit pushed for time on the third question. Never got to write the conclusion. I guess I got the ARR wrong because I put 38% for it. Got 3 years and 1.24 months for Payback though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I Got 38% for arr too!

ANd 3 years and 1.25 months for payback
Original post by woodmanb
I got 13% of ARR and 3 years 1.2 months for payback is this correct?

This is what I put.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a pretty good paper regarding Questions 2-4. It basically gave you everything you needed to talk about in the appendices.
Reply 337
Does it matter that i did not mention any ratios gearing or ROCE?
Original post by Hussy1
Does it matter that i did not mention any ratios gearing or ROCE?

As long as you mentioned other statistics you will be fine :smile:
Reply 339
I dont think i did :frown: i briefly mention the ARR tho
hope ive done okay lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending