The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
I personally found this paper quite tricky. Every single question had atleast one tricky part. The rate and half cell questions really threw me off as they normally are quite easy. I wasn't sure about the chlorine question where it asked to compare in alkaline and acid conditions which was 4 marks. Also for the last part I did a lot of calculations and also managed to get 7 H20 so should get some marks there but couldn't find the salt bit :frown:
I am really not looking forward to F324 next week :frown:
Did anyone get NiSO4.7H2O?

I got 7 H2O and put NiCl2 for some stupid reason, walked out the exam and said to my friend I bet it was nickel sulphate and we think that would have worked.

After that paper so scared I won't get into uni cos I need 3As and found that exam extremely hard :frown:
Original post by jess_m94
I got NiSO4.7H20, and it matched my molar mass of 280.8, so I think it was right!

You absolute babe! I got that too! This makes me happy!
Original post by _HabibaH_
I CAN'T BELIEVE I OVERLOOKED THE ACID BIT AND THE FACT THAT ITS A FLAMIN' SALT IN THE LAST QUESTION.

OH GOD, THIS IS AWFUL. I HAVE NO WORDS.

MY ENTIRE ANSWER WAS JUST RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED AND OBV VERY WRONG. 7 MARKS! :mad:

don't worry. if you've done everything else fine, then you can still get your A. i found the last q weird too. you could still get a few marks from the q.
I've decided that I am becoming a stripper/pole dancer/forever a sains checkout girl. That exam was so horrid. I'd have done better not turning up. I can do Kc and rate orders and PH buffers but that ****ing exam made it so ****ing hard.

I can see myself not going to uni now :frown:
Original post by raineye95
Did anyone get NiSO4.7H2O?

I got 7 H2O and put NiCl2 for some stupid reason, walked out the exam and said to my friend I bet it was nickel sulphate and we think that would have worked.

After that paper so scared I won't get into uni cos I need 3As and found that exam extremely hard :frown:

I got that after about 20 minutes work. I think it was a very hard last question.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Last question was a dream!!! It's clearly NiSO4.7H2O :biggrin:

Yes it was, I got the same answer hehe.
Reply 3487
That was a ****ed up paper, and on top of that I got the right final answer and scribbled it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Last question was a dream!!! It's clearly NiSO4.7H2O :biggrin:

I got that but I certainly wouldn't call it a dream hah! It took me ages!
Original post by master y
if you missed out the salt bit, i think that'll only be worth 1-2 marks, i think the main bit was working out the moles of H20 ratio

But that bit determines your waters of crystallisation so if you get that wrong, you get a lot wrong. I am heavily relying on ECF leniency here. Must do even better on F324.
Reply 3490
Original post by drplease
That was a ****ed up paper, and on top of that I got the right final answer and scribbled it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might still get the marks !! if it was readable under the scribble
What did people put for the tick boxes thing? I guessed greater, greater, same
Original post by mollymango
I got that but I certainly wouldn't call it a dream hah! It took me ages!

See I was practicing all the different hard questions to could appear and water of crystallisation was 1 so I did this in about 5-7 minutes, that CO2 one was like :s-smilie:?
Reply 3493
Original post by master y
What did people put for the tick boxes thing? I guessed greater, greater, same

Greater, same, same :/
Thought paper was alright only on the mark question saying why cl2 was produced or something I couldn't understand what they meant by the alkali part.
Original post by galacticfear
Yes it was, I got the same answer hehe.

i got that too but my working out was all over the place and i didnt state the mr of the so42- just guess it after working out 7h2o would i still get all 7 marks?
grade boundary predictions?
KHRFNy&:!9465&4&$>|'&mhdi&;£483&!!!!!!!!!!
feo42- anyone for the ferrate ion?
Original post by lucindaellaaa
I've decided that I am becoming a stripper/pole dancer/forever a sains checkout girl. That exam was so horrid. I'd have done better not turning up. I can do Kc and rate orders and PH buffers but that ****ing exam made it so ****ing hard.

I can see myself not going to uni now :frown:

I feel very much the same - I'm going to be working at Asda forever or moving on to strip clubs (except I'm not skinny so that won't work :biggrin:)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending