The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy A2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lingo-Flamingo
Oh, no, I think what you have should be fine! I think different centres teach different things, but as long as it's relevant to the question, I'm sure whatever you write will be fine! I'll just send you the essay now :biggrin:

Please can you PM me this essay too, sounds so good! :colondollar:
hey u see the meta ethics section what are the list of possible questions or like topics , I have emotivism and relativism on denial of moral truth , moral truth as transcendent , moral truth as based on natural facts , and relational properties ? what exactly is that ?
Original post by millie-rose
Please can you PM me this essay too, sounds so good! :colondollar:

Sure, I'll send it to you now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone think distributive justice may come up? i'm praying to God it does it's the easiest topic for me personally..
Are there moral truths and if so what is their nature? This question encourages students to consider a range of possibilities, from moral truth as based on transcendent Platonic forms to the denial of moral truth altogether.
Students will need to consider whether moral decisions should be made in terms of consequences alone, or whether moral rights, duties and principles, which have intrinsic value independent of consequences, are paramount.

That's direct from the spec, how can there not be a question on decisions?! It wouldn't make any sense, I think there has to be one on moral truth and one on decisions.
Original post by CrazyGal95
Does anyone think distributive justice may come up? i'm praying to God it does it's the easiest topic for me personally..

I was really hoping it wouldn't at first, but now I actually think it might be quite a nice question to write about in the exam! It's definitely possible that it will come up (although I suppose that's true of everything really!) - the last question on it was in June 2011. The examiners also might try and put a spin on the traditional social justice question, by combining it with the topic on rights, so something like 'To what extent are social justice theories compatible with the idea of natural rights?' perhaps :confused: Then again, it might be on something completely different, but I guess we'll find out soon enough! :tongue:
I could PM you the essay that I wrote about miracles if you want? :smile: It's not comprehensive, and I didn't get full marks for it or anything, but it might be helpful just to see the structure?
Would you be able to give me some pointers on the religious language topic? I don't enjoy that one very much...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes yes yes please!! And I will PM you some notes later today. :biggrin:
I was really hoping it wouldn't at first, but now I actually think it might be quite a nice question to write about in the exam! It's definitely possible that it will come up (although I suppose that's true of everything really!) - the last question on it was in June 2011. The examiners also might try and put a spin on the traditional social justice question, by combining it with the topic on rights, so something like 'To what extent are social justice theories compatible with the idea of natural rights?' perhaps :confused: Then again, it might be on something completely different, but I guess we'll find out soon enough! :tongue:

Yeah you could be right..but with AQA you never know whats gonna come up! I would be happy with a question on justice or rights though I think
Original post by cmargerison
Yes yes yes please!! And I will PM you some notes later today. :biggrin:

That'd be great - thank you so much! I'll send you the essay now :biggrin:

Yeah you could be right..but with AQA you never know whats gonna come up! I would be happy with a question on justice or rights though I think

That's true! It's good just to revise everything, I think :smile:
That'd be great - thank you so much! I'll send you the essay now :biggrin:

Thanks!! I'll PM you some notes now. :biggrin:
Is there a difference between Human Rights and Natural Rights?
Reply 191
I can PM you an essay I wrote about rights if you like? :smile: I talked mainly about Locke, Kant, Bentham and Marx, I think.
Could you pleaseee pm me the message too ??? Stressing so much about political philosophy so would be such a help !:biggrin:
The exam is tomorrow. Oh god I have never been more scared than I am now. I'm doing Epistemology and Metaphysics and Political Philosophy then Plato. I god i want to cry.
Original post by moffintop
Could you pleaseee pm me the message too ??? Stressing so much about political philosophy so would be such a help !:biggrin:

I'll send it to you now! :biggrin:
Reply 194
I'll send it to you now! :biggrin:

please please send this to me too?! i really hope rights comes up! My teacher said they could ask 2 meta ethics q's and i literally know nothing about that!! need to do super in political so i can make up for my crappy moral essay!!! thank you in advanceeeeee
Reply 195
so far, with whatever you guys have suggested about moral philosophy, could anyone doing it explain how to plan the question?! for example if something on moral truths as relational properties comes up, what areas would you guys develop this answer in! i know most of the content well enough, but it's planning the essays/ knowing how to fit the content in that i struggle with?!
Is there a difference between Human Rights and Natural Rights?

human rights are independent of religious belief whereas natural rights are God-given
Original post by kay141
please please send this to me too?! i really hope rights comes up! My teacher said they could ask 2 meta ethics q's and i literally know nothing about that!! need to do super in political so i can make up for my crappy moral essay!!! thank you in advanceeeeee

Sent! :biggrin:
human rights are independent of religious belief whereas natural rights are God-given

ahhh thanks, but they follow the same basis that they are inalienable, universal etc?
ahhh thanks, but they follow the same basis that they are inalienable, universal etc?

Yeah basically exactly what you said :smile:
but then you can criticise the fact that there may not be such rights that are in fact universal, and if so then are such rights acceptable etc..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending