The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by student.wizz
if i give my self the lowest which is 78 what do i need for an A* in the calculator paper

Assuming grade boundaries of 165 for a*, 87ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 441
Original post by CREIS
HUH??:colondollar:

??
Reply 442
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for Foundation paper?
Also, does anyone predict the grade boundaries for Foundation paper?
Reply 443
guys woiuldnt the answer on question 25 be a=-4 and b=5. this is becuase there is a minus next to the 4??????????????????
Reply 444
From Arseys markscheme I think I got between 75 and 82 out of 100, better than expected although i'm a tad worried about Friday!
Reply 445
Original post by dontalha
guys woiuldnt the answer on question 25 be a=-4 and b=5. this is becuase there is a minus next to the 4??????????????????

No you half the 8x to get positive 4.

Then you square 4 to get 16, take that away from the 21 to get 5 (b)
Reply 446
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like for the march 2013 exams? Or could someone predict what they think they think they will be?
Original post by Follett
:smile: I got the exact same apart from the goat question i got 12000 as I rounded to 300 also on probability I got 63/360 and didn't simplify any further.
Does anyone know the definite answer for the prism one

Posted from TSR Mobile

why have you deleted your solution
Please can you send it to me on private message or post it
Reply 448
Original post by methius1
Guys is question 22 correct seems a strange method??

?? :wink:
Reply 449
Someone give me a list of topics to revise for the calculator paper. Quick
Original post by callmemorbid
what did everyone get for the prism question? i got 2hrs 15 but have a feeling i got it wrong ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats the answer I got :s-smilie: hoping for as many method marks as possible
Original post by mandy123mandy123
heyyy guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be ??? im predicted an A* in maths and i need to get it. and according to the mark scheme i roughly got around 75 marks or more do you think i can still get an A* after the next paper ??? and what mark would i need to get to be secure ??? thankss

I'm predicted to get an A* too. I got 79-83. I rely on the Calc paper on friday
Original post by ChronicBoredom
I'm in year 10 too, but I messed up a lot in the non-calc so I'm probably getting an A :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you need to work harder in the Calc paper to get that A*
Reply 453
Original post by Arsey
Here is a link to my solutions

http://db.tt/DhVkwlxL

Here is a link to my revision list for the calculator paper

2H June 2013 revision list

Hope it is useful

Please put your solutions back on drop box I really need to see the paper
Reply 454
Original post by omarzizo
I'm predicted to get an A* too. I got 79-83. I rely on the Calc paper on friday

I'm exactly same with you! How many marks do you need in the calculator exam for your A*? Because it will more or less be the same for me too
Original post by omarzizo
Don't worry, you need to work harder in the Calc paper to get that A*

I reckon I got somewhere in the low seventies... I need A LOT to get an a*. Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 456
Reply 457
Hey, how did everyone find the maths exam? I thought it was a mixed bag, some questions were great and for others I was clueless :/ But I managed to answer all but one of the questions so I'm quite proud!

Anyway, I have a question about trigonometry/sine rule/cosine rule and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I know how to use all the different functions to find angles and sides in a triangle but in an exam situation I never know which one to use. is there a way of remembering depending on the type of triangle and what information you're given?
Hope that made sense!
How long do you reckon it would take to revise all of the mathswatch reccomendation clips? I think i aim to give maths somewhere between 3-6 hours tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by issie1234
Hey, how did everyone find the maths exam? I thought it was a mixed bag, some questions were great and for others I was clueless :/ But I managed to answer all but one of the questions so I'm quite proud!

Anyway, I have a question about trigonometry/sine rule/cosine rule and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I know how to use all the different functions to find angles and sides in a triangle but in an exam situation I never know which one to use. is there a way of remembering depending on the type of triangle and what information you're given?
Hope that made sense!

sine rule - 2 sides known and non included angle know
cosine rule- 2 sides known and included angle known

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending