The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

For the KCN question. If you didn't work out the equation but wrote it was a Ligand substitution, do you think you'll get the mark for that?
Reply 3761
Original post by keepontrying
what do you mean by DM , I thought it had to have 3 bidentates around out with ethandioate?

yes 3 bidentates, dm = the name of that thin
Most people are worried it seems so the grade boundaries should be definitely be low :wink: .... ( im worried)
Original post by Coolina133
What is aluminium/ zinc powder even.. Thats what threw me off. There goes my a..

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that Fe was reduced from 3+ to 2+ and Zn from 0 to 2+ and then you just form an equation. It was a redox reaction
Original post by eggfriedrice
For the KCN question. If you didn't work out the equation but wrote it was a Ligand substitution, do you think you'll get the mark for that?
I hope so because that's what I did, don't see how you can drop the 1 mark for getting the reaction right unless they say you guessed...
This will be my last little contribution here - I must whiz off and prepare for physics and FP2 tomorrow...

Fe3+ + 3OH- -----> Fe(OH)3 was an ionic equation they wanted at some point right?
Reply 3766
Original post by emah123
was is just me or was that the HARDEST PAPER EVER. good bye to medical school :frown::frown:

I feel your pain. Kissed med school goodbye :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3767
Can anyone post the paper please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3768
The easiest exam ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Better
Facepalm.

Oh well, did high enough for an A. Not sure about the A*, I will still try to get a high score on Chem 4 next week.

Really pray those boundaries help me out.

Meh, time to get some A*s in C3/C4 and Phys 5 and 4.

Maths and Phys are no where near as confusing as Chemistry. You can pretty much derive everything from the Datasheet.

Yeah let's ace C3 now :biggrin:
Originally thought this exam restored my faith that an A was possible, then realised everyone else found it hard :frown: probably didn't do as well as I thought haha
Reply 3771
Holy * i made a stupid mistake. In the pH of the buffer i did 0.4/0.24 instead of 0.24/0.4 and so got 3.55 instead of 3.99 :frown: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Dr00n
The most important question:

What are people thinking for Grade Boundaries?

I'm guessing, There was too many easy (ish ) questions and then a a couple v. hard questions.
A: 75
B: 66
C:59
D:53
E: 47
Reply 3773
did anyone manage to work out the mass of CO2 produced?
Original post by Benjy100
This will be my last little contribution here - I must whiz off and prepare for physics and FP2 tomorrow...

Fe3+ + 3OH- -----> Fe(OH)3 was an ionic equation they wanted at some point right?

I did this too :biggrin:!!!
Reply 3775
Original post by LawApp2013
i think i got 12.6 for the PH of alkali :/

I think I did as well!
Reply 3776
is anyone making a unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by TheRealStevo
I hope so because that's what I did, don't see how you can drop the 1 mark for getting the reaction right unless they say you guessed...

Yeah, you'd get the mark!
**** i got the chloric acid question wrong - i thought it was a weak acid so i used the (H+) squared equation and got pH 4 or something. Oh well
Reply 3779
This exam didnt go so well was a decent paper though

Quick Reply

Latest