The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BUSS3, 13 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
what did everyone put as points FOR the project?
Reply 361
Original post by R.THEO
Dd you get 60% for gearing in 2013?

yes i got 60% and something in the 40s for 2012
Reply 362
I looked at some past paper, for the calculation question you had to make points such as "North west payback period was shorter then west-midlands payback period this is good because" etc
Original post by bundlez
I looked at some past paper, for the calculation question you had to make points such as "North west payback period was shorter then west-midlands payback period this is good because" etc

for what question?
Guys, do the people who actually mark our papers know how to mark them properly? alot of people say that theres was unfairly marked in January (i think mine was too). Hopefully its not the same thing this time around.
Reply 365
I got 13% for the ARR, I don't understand how people got 38%?

The total net cash flow for all 4 years was £15.2m so you then take away the initial investment of £10m which leaves you with £5.2m. You then divide that by 4 to get the annual average profit, which works out to be £1.3m, then you divide that by the initial investment of £10m, to get 0.13, which you then times by 100 to get the percentage 13%....
Reply 366
I've just answered my own question, the people who got 38% for the ARR forgot to take away the initial investment...

As (15.2/4)/10)* 100 = 38%
Reply 367
I thought the appendices had a lot of information in them to help answer the questions, the actual case study however, i found it limited.
Reply 368
I got 38% as my initial ARR, Then realised it was way too high and just messed about with the number till I got 13% which was closer to what I expecte, I got 3years 6 weeks for payback
I wrote the ARR 13%, then crossed it out. Does this mean I wont be awarded?
Reply 370
Original post by Stevie182

For:
1- keep up with competition
2 - technology market is rapidly changing and growing, will be demand for EVs in the future
3 - (can't really remember this one) think I said something to do with the payback??
4 - something about innovation I think??

I really struggled with the argument for and I don't think there were many points to raise compared with the argument against.
Reply 371
I ran out of time :-( I didn't get a chance to finish the last question. I didn't include ROCE or Gearing, but i just mentioned that profit decreased. Would that get me a few marks?

What other things did everyone put other than ROCE and Gearing?!
Reply 372
Hey guys,

For question one I mucked real bad and I knew how to do it but I just couldn't concentrate.
My question is how many marks will I get for doing this:

5.2/4 = 1.3/ 15 = 0.13 x 100 = 13%
when instead its supposed to be:

5.2/4 = 1.3/ 10 = 0.13 x 100 = 13%

Basically I put 15 instead of 10 because I read it wrong. How many marks would I get?
Reply 373
Was this in the first question? If you wrote down all of your working out but just crossed out the answer then you should get method marks. But if you crossed all of it out then you won't get any marks sorry :frown:
Original post by R.THEO
Dd you get 60% for gearing in 2013?

I did ROCE, gearing and current ratio. I think got 2% something for roce, 60 % gearing, and 1.74 current ratio. These were the only 3 calculations I think we could do, seeing as the balance sheet wasn't a full one.
Reply 375
Hi everyone... well done on buss3 I thought although the paper wasn't awful it had tricky aspects... what do people think about the grade boundaries?
Reply 376
How did you get the answer as 13% if you divided by 15?

If you just wrote divided by 15 instead of 10 but still got the answer right as 13% and got the payback period correct as 3 years and 1.2 months (6 weeks) then I think you would get 6/8...
Reply 377
Original post by Stevie182

I put that they're ROCE was decreasing, and therefore a change was needed for them t return t greater levels of profitability, I also said at a change was inevitable and that using Ansoffs, the perceived risk was lower as they already had a customer base which was loyal, and had already established themselves in the market place. I also put that because of the increased awareness of climate change, carbon emissions etc, the chance to get foothold in a future marker may be beneficial as the opportunity cost if left it high. Also payback was relatively small and the arr suggested profitability in the future
How many marks for the first question if you only got pay back right?
Original post by dredgey
Hi everyone... well done on buss3 I thought although the paper wasn't awful it had tricky aspects... what do people think about the grade boundaries?

i thought this paper was a bit harder than jan, so maybe similar boundaries to june 2012 and 2011? Cant say though for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending