The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMagicRat
Monfils has pulled out Wimbledon because of a personal issue.

That's really sad :frown: he was making a great comeback - including that win against Raonic 6-4 6-2 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3281
Monfils has pulled out Wimbledon because of a personal issue.

Is he still playing in Halle?
Original post by Prendah
Is he still playing in Halle?

I assume so. He announced it after his win today but I've not read that he won't continue in that.
I assume so. He announced it after his win today but I've not read that he won't continue in that.

I heard that he was pulling out of Halle too. Hm. BBC misreporting?
Reply 3284
[video="youtube;acNUrlKp8t0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acNUrlKp8t0[/video]
Can't quite figure out who to bet on for Wimbledon...
Reply 3286
Nice interview with Tsonga ahead of Wimbledon
Reply 3287
Original post by Malevolent
Can't quite figure out who to bet on for Wimbledon...

When does the draw get announced?
Original post by DH1'
When does the draw get announced?

I dunno was thinking I'l wait till then. And go from there.
Original post by JOR2010
I heard that he was pulling out of Halle too. Hm. BBC misreporting?

I don't now. He might have pulled out. It would make sense. Why would the personal issue be urgent enough to miss Wimbledon but not urgent enough to stop playing this week?

Either way, he'll be missed at Wimbledon and I hope sorts out whatever he needs to sort out and that we'll see him sooner rather than later.
Just bought a ticket for the semi finals in Edgbaston this weekend. No Robson or Watson, but hoping I get to see Lisicki there.
Reply 3291
I was watching the highlights of Dimitrov - Hewitt match and have to say that Grigor doesn't really deserve the moniker of baby Fed. Federer was renounced for his mobility. He had one of the best movements on tour in his 20s. He was like a cat, whereas Dimitrov, the less the said about his movement, the better. So disappointing!

And Hewitt still showing flashes of his past brilliance and why he won 2 majors and was the YE1 for two years. Lleyton has played through different generations and beaten players from each one. He beat players from Sampras' era, then his own era (Federer, Roddick), then the current era (Nadal, Nole) and now the supposed future star. What a legend! I hope he can stay injury free and have a late career resurgence like Tommy Haas.
(edited 10 years ago)
Murray playing smoothly. Definitely the favourite since Del Potro and Tsonga has looked shaky at times and Berdych doesn't convince me on grass.
Reply 3293
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Murray playing smoothly. Definitely the favourite since Del Potro and Tsonga has looked shaky at times and Berdych doesn't convince me on grass.

You mean favourite for Queens? Sticking your neck out there.
Let's have a Hewitt resurgence, takes Murray 6-0, 6-0 in the final.
There could be a Murray-Tsonga match on Saturday. Should be good.
Original post by Rakas21
Let's have a Hewitt resurgence, takes Murray 6-0, 6-0 in the final.

I would have liked that if it was anybody but murray :tongue:
Original post by Prendah
You mean favourite for Queens? Sticking your neck out there.

Yeah yeah. I'd have to be a mental patient to talk about Tsonga/Del Potro/Berdych and not take notice of Nole, Nadal, Fed or Ferrer
Anyone going/planning on going Wimbledon?
Original post by Homeboy Hotel
Anyone going/planning on going Wimbledon?

Yh, I got tickets for Day 5 and the final

Latest