The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I applied for the Borough of Chelsea and Kensington, but still not heard anything. This wait is very frustrating especially when you read that other regions have informed applicants whether they have been successful or not.
Reply 101
I have applied to Greenwich. Emailed Penna today to check they received my application and they said I should find out either way within the next few days. Which borough did you apply to?
Reply 102
Original post by Becky 1982
Just had a phone all back from penna and apparently they found my application and it was unsuccessful :-( couldn't help but think really or did they just say that because they couldn't find it after all and couldn't be bothered with the hassle! Lol! Good luck to everyone else x x x

Hi Becky, after reading your post yesterday, I phoned Penna up. And the exact same thing happened to me, saying they hadn't got me on the system! I had applied to Cambridgeshire, and after a couple of phone calls I received an e-mail to say I hadn't got in :frown: Pretty shoddy I think x
Reply 103
I've just got my email, unfortunately I didn't get through. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear ill have my fingers crossed for you!! And to all the people that have been accepted through to the assessment days, congrats!! Hope you all do fab!! :-) xxx
Original post by Jayjay280
I've just got my email, unfortunately I didn't get through. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear ill have my fingers crossed for you!! And to all the people that have been accepted through to the assessment days, congrats!! Hope you all do fab!! :-) xxx

Oh sorry to hear that jayjay, chin up I'm sure there will be other opportunities for you. I'm thinking competition was particularly fierce this year. I'm nervously preparing for my assesment on Monday! Eek.
Reply 105
Original post by Winstonsone
Oh sorry to hear that jayjay, chin up I'm sure there will be other opportunities for you. I'm thinking competition was particularly fierce this year. I'm nervously preparing for my assesment on Monday! Eek.

Sorry to hear that :frown: I hope you can find another way. its a pity they do not give feedback. I think that assessment is different as some people have said that there are two more parts to assessment but my email just says one day of assessment, a written task, role play and written task to accompany, interview and group task. Some people have mentioned doing one hours written task, and then coming back if successful to do the rest of the assessment process.
Original post by MDaisy
Sorry to hear that :frown: I hope you can find another way. its a pity they do not give feedback. I think that assessment is different as some people have said that there are two more parts to assessment but my email just says one day of assessment, a written task, role play and written task to accompany, interview and group task. Some people have mentioned doing one hours written task, and then coming back if successful to do the rest of the assessment process.

Yeah the process seems to be being ran differently in different authorities. Like you said some do the written task first as another filter before final assessment day and others do it all on one day. I'm doing the written exercise on Monday and will be told on Wednesday if I'm through to final assessment day. I'm glad in a way as if I do get through it might mean the day is a bit less intense and if I don't...well at least I am spared the embarrassment of role plays etc lol! How are you feeling about the assessment programme? Good luck with it :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by Lousarge
Anyone heard from West Midlands yet? I applied to Stoke on Trent, checking my emails anxiously but nothing yet :-(

Hi, I have applied for Worcestershire - West Midlands and haven't heard anything yet....have you heard anything since you posted on here?
Reply 108
I applied to Staffordshire and had pretty much given up hope, but I have just received an email inviting me to the assessment centre. All the best for everyone else :smile:.
Reply 109
I applied to stoke and had given up but just got my invite to Birmingham.....gulp!! Best of luck to everyone
Reply 110
Has anyone heard from surrey yet? I hate waiting! I just want to know either way!
Reply 111
Original post by Vejetable
I have applied to Greenwich. Emailed Penna today to check they received my application and they said I should find out either way within the next few days. Which borough did you apply to?

Hi
I applied to Bromley as I live right out in the sticks and Bromley is the nearest! I put down that I would be happy to accept other boroughs too. The London boroughs seem to really be keeping people waiting.
Reply 112
Original post by he-leno
Hi
I applied to Bromley as I live right out in the sticks and Bromley is the nearest! I put down that I would be happy to accept other boroughs too. The London boroughs seem to really be keeping people waiting.

Yes I agree, the London boroughs were inundated!!! oversubscribed:angry:
It might have been wiser to apply to the boroughs outside London.
Hi there,

I applied for Westminster and was a bit disheartened assuming that I must have been unsuccessful however I'm so glad to hear that others haven't heard back yet either! I'm starting to feel really nervous, wish we could just know either way!
Original post by Jazzybabe
Has anyone applied to Westminster heard anything? Do you know what the assessment days are? Chewing my nails.......

I've applied to Westminster too, have you heard anything? I still haven't...this waiting is awful!
Lancashire still haven't short listed as yet! Waiting driving me mad!!
Reply 116
Original post by he-leno
Hi

Im near Bromley! Am thinking that London must have loads of applications to sift through! Penna said they hoped to let us know by the end of the week but it didn't sounds like this was a definite. Good luck!
Reply 117
Finally got n email but was unsuccessful :frown: good luck to those who are still waiting! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by Vejetable
Im near Bromley! Am thinking that London must have loads of applications to sift through! Penna said they hoped to let us know by the end of the week but it didn't sounds like this was a definite. Good luck!

Good luck to you too, let's hope they put us out of our misery soon, lol:smile:
Reply 119
Hi I have applied for Cheshire west and received an email last Thursday to say I was successful, that there's I'd a first stage assesment on 17th which is a 1 hour written assesment, then if successful there are 4 other dates available for the second stage which is a 45 min interview, a 15 phone role play, a group excersise and self assesment.
I haven't researched percentages of successful applicant etc as I don't want to worry myself lol, but cannot find any further info regarding what to expect from the assesment centres! Any help would be appriciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending