The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hussaincute
does any one have pictures of the actual paper?

You can't show those publicly yet.

Original post by otrivine
for the optical isomers will they allow ECF?

Cause I did Fe in the middle with 2 C2o4 2- and 2 h2o

cause I was thinking in order for optical to occur there either has to be 3 bidentate, or 2 mono or 2 bidentate,

cause it put in bracket (C2O4)2

There probably won't be ECF, it was only 2 or 3 marks.

Original post by NerdMeister
Can someone please explain how they got their answers for the rate of reaction after 40 seconds and the rate constant? Thanks :smile:

You draw a tangent to the graph at t=40, and the gradient is the rate. The rate constant is then found by doing rate/conc.
Reply 4101
Can someone please explain how they got their answers for the rate of reaction after 40 seconds and the rate constant? Thanks :smile:

Rate after 40s = dy/dx at 40.

k*half life=ln2 for rate constant
Original post by needtosucceed=)
where you had to name the processes it was precipitation, redox, ligand substitution in that order right?

I don't think you had to name the precipitation reaction, but it was that order.
Original post by PythianLegume
You can't show those publicly yet.

There probably won't be ECF, it was only 2 or 3 marks.

You draw a tangent to the graph at t=40, and the gradient is the rate. The rate constant is then found by doing rate/conc.

But I am sure, I did it right it was (c2o4)2 which means two are present and u put 2 h2o
Original post by alow
Rate after 40s = dy/dx at 40.

k*half life=ln2 for rate constant

I think that's what I did, but I'm not sure if the numbers I used were right, do you remember what numbers you used for dy/dx?
Original post by PythianLegume
Why, because I was confident on the paper? Someone has to do well.

Do your sweaty asian parents say they will burn your ball sack of if you dont excel in exams? Because i hope you fail massively and they burn your cock off too
Reply 4106
I think that's what I did, but I'm not sure if the numbers I used were right, do you remember what numbers you used for dy/dx?

I think mine were 3.25/75 or something close to that, got an answer of 0.04ish i think
Original post by otrivine
was the Ferrate, Feo4 2- ?

what was the equation for first one?

was it Fe +3/2cl2 --> FeCl3?

I did FeO3 :s-smilie:
Reply 4108
Original post by Jack9909
That was my train of thought, although I havent seen anyone who agrees yet!

Yeah somebody disagreed with me, and although I think I could counter their reasons why, I'm not too sure and can't be bothered now.
Original post by DudeBoy

it has a -2 charge, this was a question from the stretch and challenge in book, it was FeO4 2-
Reply 4110
Original post by DudeBoy

Google Ferrate(VI), it is FeO4(2-)
(edited 10 years ago)

Hmm, I just drew a tangent at t=40 and found the gradient :/
Anyone got a mark scheme yet? Starting to forget the questions
Original post by alow
Google Ferrate(VI), it is Fe2O4(2-)

the question told you it had an oxidation state of 6 (VI) therefore it has to be FeO4 2-
what did people get for the equation for fecl3 reacting with water to form solution X?
Reply 4115
Original post by Little Wing
Hmm, I just drew a tangent at t=40 and found the gradient :/

I'm afraid that's incorrect - that gives the initial rate of the reaction, not the rate of reaction after 40s.

I think I've lost 20-30 marks at least and am convinced I have an E or U (yes, I know that's extreme, but I've spent so long failing I kind of expect low grades. Seriously, I've struggled since primary school. So sorry if I'm being over dramatic). I just get this horrible feeling I've going to have history repeat itself on results day of failure...
Original post by Benjy100
Are marks lost if I represented aluminium ethanoate like this ... Al(CH3COO-)3 with the minus sign there? Or do they overlook such things?

not sure now
Original post by Crabbiey
I'm afraid that's incorrect - that gives the initial rate of the reaction, not the rate of reaction after 40s.

I think I've lost 20-30 marks at least and am convinced I have an E or U (yes, I know that's extreme, but I've spent so long failing I kind of expect low grades. Seriously, I've struggled since primary school. So sorry if I'm being over dramatic). I just get this horrible feeling I've going to have history repeat itself on results day of failure...

I am afraid I feel the same way :frown: I can understand how it feels
Original post by Crabbiey

The initial rate would be a tangent at t=0
Original post by Sweatynerd
Do your sweaty asian parents say they will burn your ball sack of if you dont excel in exams? Because i hope you fail massively and they burn your cock off too

Get off this thread cause you're clearly too rude to talk to others and jealous just cause not everyone sucks at Chemistry as I'm assuming you do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending