The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananarama2
Can someone explain what has been going on the FB group?

There's a facebook group? You guys are real people?!

I don't believe it.
Can someone explain what has been going on the FB group?

Dunno bro but do you think I can bring my pony?
Original post by DJMayes
I have:

1) S3 - Tomorrow
2) G495 (Physics module, big 150 UMS one) - Tomorrow
3) C4 - 18th
4) M4 - 18th
5) STEP II - 19th
6) FP2 - 21st
7) S4 - 21st
8) FP3 - 24th
9) M5 - 24th
10) STEP I - 25th
11) STEP III - 26th

To be honest the amount of exams doesn't hugely bother me (4 are optional :lol: ) but I'll be glad to get them started as I've been in the limbo where everyone else has been doing exams but I haven't yet started. :lol:

I know the feeling of wanting to get them started (wee sister was getting through her GCSEs before I'd get up in the mornings most days) but that is impressive, fair play to you!

I'm not on the fb page, just a lurker because I don't want to jinx myself but what the hell? :confused: That's a hell of a lot of trolls...
Reply 2863
Hey, just wondering if any of you guys know what opportunities there are at Cambridge to earn some money inbetween doing all the other stuff, and... oh yeah... studying? Nothing big, just for that extra bit of cash, you know... any ideas?
Original post by LShirley95
There's a facebook group? You guys are real people?!

I don't believe it.

Yes. Don't join it, just don't :biggrin:
Original post by Lord of the Flies
Dunno bro but do you think I can bring my pony?

:rofl:
Original post by Elcano
Hey, just wondering if any of you guys know what opportunities there are at Cambridge to earn some money inbetween doing all the other stuff, and... oh yeah... studying? Nothing big, just for that extra bit of cash, you know... any ideas?

I think you can work in the college bar...
Original post by Elcano

Part time jobs are not usually allowed, though you are allowed to work in the holidays. You can sometimes work in your college bar (if it's student-run) and there are odd bits and pieces like Access work and alumni phone campaigns every so often which can earn you some money, though not loads.
Yes.

Lies; slander.
Lies; slander.

I believe it's libel actually :colone:
I believe it's libel actually :colone:

Haha, nerd.
Haha, nerd.

You genuinely saying that ...on a Cambridge offer holders thread?

Why thank you XD
You genuinely saying that ...on a Cambridge offer holders thread?

Why thank you XD

Italics are the closest thing to a sarcasm font I have, dammit!
Italics are the closest thing to a sarcasm font I have, dammit!

Sarcasm and the internet don't really go together haha :tongue:
Reply 2874
Original post by Helenia
Part time jobs are not usually allowed, though you are allowed to work in the holidays. You can sometimes work in your college bar (if it's student-run) and there are odd bits and pieces like Access work and alumni phone campaigns every so often which can earn you some money, though not loads.

Thx for the info. Yeah, I didn't plan to work during term time, I don't think I'll have time for that. ^^

How much an hour can one expect to get working for the college bar? I'm a foreign student, so I'm not sure about the going rates...
Original post by Elcano
Thx for the info. Yeah, I didn't plan to work during term time, I don't think I'll have time for that. ^^

How much an hour can one expect to get working for the college bar? I'm a foreign student, so I'm not sure about the going rates...

The minimum they could legally pay you would be £5.03 per hour (if you are between 18 and 20), although some may pay more than that at least the adult minimum wage of £6.31 per hour.
Just had a dream about moving to Cambridge, and the first thing the college tutor told me was 'Well you need to understand that the commit suicide rate here is high'

Urm... What a nice start. Still better than dreaming about failing my exams I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2877
Original post by hypercube
Just had a dream about moving to Cambridge, and the first thing the college tutor told me was 'Well you need to understand that the commit suicide rate here is high'

Urm... What a nice start. Still better than dreaming about failing my exams I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually - it's not, it's about average, as far as I can tell :tongue:

Yes. Don't join it, just don't :biggrin:

I've been watching it with bemusement :tongue:
Original post by Caitlin_dj
I know the feeling of wanting to get them started (wee sister was getting through her GCSEs before I'd get up in the mornings most days) but that is impressive, fair play to you!

I'm not on the fb page, just a lurker because I don't want to jinx myself but what the hell? :confused: That's a hell of a lot of trolls...

It's so annoying. It's not actually the official Freshers thread though. I just left. :P
Original post by camaieu
It's so annoying. It's not actually the official Freshers thread though. I just left. :P

I thought it was the official one! :confused: could you link me the real one please :smile: it is so irritating because I don't know who is actually real!

Latest

Trending

Trending