The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emah123
So going by the mark scheme I think I got 61/100. I'm so screwed- will definitely not meet my offer for medschool :frown: I worked the hardest for this paper but ocr just have to screw you over don't they?!

This is about the same I think I have- but remember that a few marks can really make a difference! You don't remember what you wrote exactly, and our mark scheme doesn't look at all the 'ALLOW _______' bits of the real one!
Reply 4301

On the question titled: Something to do with chlorine in acidic/alkaline conditions. Cl2 reacts to form...(4 Marks), I put something about the OH- ions reacting with the H+ ions, causing an increase in the concentration of H2O, so the equilibrium shifts to the right to restore it (producing more of the reactants) for the bit about in alkali conditions, did anyone else put something like this?
Original post by emah123
So going by the mark scheme I think I got 61/100. I'm so screwed- will definitely not meet my offer for medschool :frown: I worked the hardest for this paper but ocr just have to screw you over don't they?!

that sucks but im sure you did better than you think :smile: have you done well on the other exams? the more UMS you got on the others could make up for this exam :smile:
Reply 4303
Original post by Kat12395
This is about the same I think I have- but remember that a few marks can really make a difference! You don't remember what you wrote exactly, and our mark scheme doesn't look at all the 'ALLOW _______' bits of the real one!

I'm really worried as to stand getting an A now I need 80+/90 in f324! :frown: how do you need to do to get an A!
Original post by Benjy100
which question are you talking about here?

you had to draw the structure of a ligand, it showed a diagram of Ni bonded to 2 ligands and you had to draw it out. it was 1 mark
Reply 4305
For the question to do with the Chlorine in acid/alkali conditions, wouldn't it be a valid point to discuss the E value of it in acidic/alkali conditions?
Original post by Benjy100
Oh I thought I misread that one because I drew it with one O- and one OH (giving it a 1- charge). People were telling me that it wanted to molecule and not the ligand though.

yeah it was molecule not ion
Original post by amin666
why order of H2O was zero?

Because it was in excess, so not a factor in the equation
Original post by emah123

i pretty much got the same in bio yestesday; i even stopped watching the thread as it made me so sad ... its a horrible feeling,...however onward and upwards...
you still have f324....you should smash it!Until all chem exams are finished the war is not over yet
i mentioned that one equation is reduced easier,more positive e value,tendency for forward

i mentioned oxidised eaiserr, the opposite i was running out of time, any luck on marks?
Anyone know what the coursework boundaries might be for an A* out of 40
Original post by lolwakefield
Because it was in excess, so not a factor in the equation

can you say cause not in rate equation?
Original post by TauMuon
Anyone know generally what the raw mark will be for 150 ums? Usually I just scale up the difference between boundaries like this (from Jan 13):

60% - C - 56
70% - B - 63
80% - A - 70

Difference between grades is 7 marks, so extrapolating gives...

90% - A* - 77
100% - 84

Reckon this is a valid method to use?

I think that's a little too low..
I reckon:
FULL: 92
A*: 85
A:74
B: 65
C: 59
D:53
E: 47
For the structure of the mad bidentate ligand did anyone notice on end there was an O-H whereas on the other end it was oxygen with a dashed line then hydrogen? Does that mean the hydrogen was on the other ligand?
Reply 4314
Am I right in thinking that the the structure molecule, 2 h's attached at the nitrogen group is wrong?
Could anyone help me, could loosing about 35/36 marks get me ums marks of at least 105?

Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4316
Mass of CO2 absorbed by plants each year via photosynthesis (2 Marks)

Total Energy / Enthalpy Change = X moles

X*6*44 = CO2 in grams :smile:
Original post by emah123
I'm really worried as to stand getting an A now I need 80+/90 in f324! :frown: how do you need to do to get an A!

I can't get an A- It's impossible!:L
for the equation between ethanoic acid and Al I REMEMBER putting a 1/2 for H2 at the end?
Original post by itshollaaay
Could anyone help me, could loosing about 35/36 marks get me ums marks of at least 105?

Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the grade boundaries. It'll be damn close that's for sure!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending