The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bornab3
I agree with your point but I really think that Smith's style of play would get them that extra win than Sanchez this year. I think it would make much more sense to keep him out for the year if they had an experienced quarterback for him to learn from for a year (Kaepernick - A.Smith) and then bring him in with those second year draft picks. I agree with what you say their plan is and think they'll be in a much better state next year but I think if Geno played for one year before the 'beefing up' it wouldn't do him THAT much harm as opposed to the good it would do. Especially since everyone understands that he has no one to throw to, he wouldn't come under a lot of criticism.

Think this year Jet's should tank for a good player in the draft.

"Get beat soundly for Jadevon Clowney."
"Pound me for Clowney"
"Get your suck on for Jadevon"
"Lay down for J-Clown"

But i don't want the Jets getting such a potentially devastating player haha
Damn some of the new face masks are ridiculous makes them look stupid.

Darnell Dockets...

Tucks

Green Bane
Reply 6282
Original post by Malevolent
Think this year Jet's should tank for a good player in the draft.

"Pound me for Clowney"
"Lay down for J-Clown"

But i don't want the Jets getting such a potentially devastating player haha

wow, imagine him in the first round and then a couple of good offensive players in the high 2nd and 3rd rounds. Maybe then they could compete...for something/anything. But yeah, I was also thinking that they may flunk it but I doubt Geno would make that big of a difference to not enable them to get a good draft pick.

Tbh though, as someone who grew up in New York, I was brought up watching/supporting the Giants and Jets and wouldn't mind them doing well for a change.
Original post by bornab3
wow, imagine him in the first round and then a couple of good offensive players in the high 2nd and 3rd rounds. Maybe then they could compete...for something/anything. But yeah, I was also thinking that they may flunk it but I doubt Geno would make that big of a difference to not enable them to get a good draft pick.

Tbh though, as someone who grew up in New York, I was brought up watching/supporting the Giants and Jets and wouldn't mind them doing well for a change.

Jets are just a joke so i don't mind them haha :tongue:

Giants on the other hand :wink:
Reply 6284

"Pound me for Clowney"
"Lay down for J-Clown"

^^ Those are brilliant btw! hahah!
Reply 6285
Jets are just a joke so i don't mind them haha :tongue:

Giants on the other hand :wink:

I can't tell if you like the Giants or not hahha :biggrin:
Original post by bornab3
I can't tell if you like the Giants or not hahha :biggrin:

Nah I don't mind them just bitter about the two Superbowls we ****ed up. :sad:
Reply 6287
Nah I don't mind them just bitter about the two Superbowls we ****ed up. :sad:

OOOOHHH!!! hahah I didn't realise who you supported! hehe, well what can I say, either teach Rodney Harrison how to batt a ball from someone's helmet or teach Welker how to catch. :P
Original post by bornab3
OOOOHHH!!! hahah I didn't realise who you supported! hehe, well what can I say, either teach Rodney Harrison how to batt a ball from someone's helmet or teach Welker how to catch. :P

Yeah exactly we had both Superbowls in our grasp! Not to mention Asante Samuels and that missed interception which was criminal.

So many bad memories... :cry2:
Reply 6289
Original post by bornab3

imagine that though, Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson and Clowney as a line. Although its 4 D-linemen as 1st round picks in 4 years, that would be an absolutely devastating line, with SR and MW at tackle and Clowney and Coples coming off the edges, wow.
Original post by jh.
imagine that though, Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson and Clowney as a line. Although its 4 D-linemen as 1st round picks in 4 years, that would be an absolutely devastating line, with SR and MW at tackle and Clowney and Coples coming off the edges, wow.

Don't forget ya need to fix that offense which is absolutely anemic. :tongue:
Reply 6291
Don't forget ya need to fix that offense which is absolutely anemic. :tongue:

A Jets fan can dream :tongue: it wouldn't be so bad about the WRs not being able to get open but they can't even catch in non-contact minicamp practices, I'm very very confident my nan has better hands than Stephen Hill (remember that drop against your Pats?!) I think the D and a relatively easy schedule will mean that they'll get 4 or 5 wins absolute max, pretty dire but not Clowney territory.
Original post by jh.
A Jets fan can dream :tongue: it wouldn't be so bad about the WRs not being able to get open but they can't even catch in non-contact minicamp practices, I'm very very confident my nan has better hands than Stephen Hill (remember that drop against your Pats?!) I think the D and a relatively easy schedule will mean that they'll get 4 or 5 wins absolute max, pretty dire but not Clowney territory.

Clowney is a Julius Peppers type prospect damnnn :drool:

Yeah man you're WR are just lol. I can't remember who it was that like got tackled and kinda threw it away to be intercepted haha.

Don't worry our WR apart from Amendola are going through a little bit of teething problems.
Reply 6293
Clowney is a Julius Peppers type prospect damnnn :drool:

Yeah man you're WR are just lol. I can't remember who it was that like got tackled and kinda threw it away to be intercepted haha.

Don't worry our WR apart from Amendola are going through a little bit of teething problems.

That hit against Michigan in their bowl game.. out of this world :confused:

I think that was Holmes, but i think he was injured on the play, not sure.

Annoying how Brady has basically had a no-name receiving corps for basically the entire time at NE but gets it done, I guess Gronk and Hernandez helps a bit :tongue:
Original post by jh.
That hit against Michigan in their bowl game.. out of this world :confused:

I think that was Holmes, but i think he was injured on the play, not sure.

Annoying how Brady has basically had a no-name receiving corps for basically the entire time at NE but gets it done, I guess Gronk and Hernandez helps a bit :tongue:

Haha yeah was crazy!

Yeah it was. His injury was bad but like throwing it up in the air haha?!?

2006 another bad year that conference final with the Colts. Should have been another Superbowl...

This year depends on if Amendola, Gronk and Hernandez can stay healthy. Hopefully we move to the run game even more. Also for the first time in ages I'm more confident in our defense than offense.
JPP is recuperating well from back surgery. Really hope the Giants don't rush/pressurise him into returning so soon; he's a very important player and he needs to be given time to heal properly (or at least as much as he can).

Had some really ****ty luck with injuries the last 3-4 1st round picks.
Original post by The Assassin
JPP is recuperating well from back surgery. Really hope the Giants don't rush/pressurise him into returning so soon; he's a very important player and he needs to be given time to heal properly (or at least as much as he can).

Had some really ****ty luck with injuries the last 3-4 1st round picks.

Did he have his back injury all throughout last season or did he regress that much?

Does he have that same back problem as Gronkowski?
Did he have his back injury all throughout last season or did he regress that much?

Does he have that same back problem as Gronkowski?

He mentioned that he's had issues with his back for a while now, and last season he was playing with quite a few problems :\. We struggled last year after rushing Nicks from his injury and the same problem could potentially happen here if they're not careful.

Yeah a herniated disc :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
He mentioned that he's had issues with his back for a while now, and last season he was playing with quite a few problems :\. We struggled last year after rushing Nicks and the same problem could potentially happen here if they're not careful.

Yeah a herniated disc :frown:

Well you're in the same boat as us haha. Apparently Gronkowski could be ready for start of the season but id rather not risk him and have him healthy come playoffs not regular season :tongue:

Ahh makes sense knew he couldn't have gone that far back.
Yeah lol that's understandable. I'm sure many people would agree.

Latest