The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jblake
Mass of CO2 absorbed by plants each year via photosynthesis (2 Marks)

Total Energy / Enthalpy Change = X moles

X*6*44 = CO2 in grams :smile:

do you get the moles by doing the energy of the co2 / x = deta H value

x being the unknown moles?
Original post by otrivine
for the equation between ethanoic acid and Al I REMEMBER putting a 1/2 for H2 at the end?

Someone else asked me about that- as long as it's a multiple; you're fine!
Original post by chocandy21
For the structure of the mad bidentate ligand did anyone notice on end there was an O-H whereas on the other end it was oxygen with a dashed line then hydrogen? Does that mean the hydrogen was on the other ligand?

YES! I thought that, I did on one side O-H and on the other just O-

Hope that's what you meant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raj Kang
Am I right in thinking that the the structure molecule, 2 h's attached at the nitrogen group is wrong?

The H's attached to the OH? Yeah, I just wrote O- too...
Original post by otrivine
for the equation between ethanoic acid and Al I REMEMBER putting a 1/2 for H2 at the end?

I think thats what I did, as long as everything is balanced, having multiples is fine I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone wanna give me rep for making the mark scheme?;D I think I deserve it for my efforts, making it after being in exam conditions for five hours!
33681795.jpg
Original post by itshollaaay
YES! I thought that, I did on one side O-H and on the other just O-

Hope that's what you meant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes me too :biggrin:
Original post by IAMSODAMNFINE
I think that's a little too low..
I reckon:
FULL: 92
A*: 85
A:74
B: 65
C: 59
D:53
E: 47

The difference between each grade is usually constant.... that was just using Jan13 boundaries as an example anyway, not a prediction for ours :P
Original post by Kat12395
The H's attached to the OH? Yeah, I just wrote O- too...

I only noticed at the very last minute there was a dotted line meaning it was a hydrogen bond so there had to be another hydrogen present on the other oxygen, was quite close really :tongue:
Reply 4329
can i possibly get 105 ums by dropping 35-36 marks in this paper? or is there no chance?

FEELING SO DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW.
Reply 4330
Can you say oxidising agent is iodine? because that is technically reduced from +5 to 0
okay for the last question

1) I got the correct 7H2O

thing then i did mole ratios between Ni2+ and the product,

i did some sort of mole ratio, how many marks out of 7?
Original post by emah123
can i possibly get 105 ums by dropping 35-36 marks in this paper? or is there no chance?

I am in exactly the same situation. The amount of past papers I have done and have got more than enough to get 105ums but this paper I have easily dropped 35 marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
I only noticed at the very last minute there was a dotted line meaning it was a hydrogen bond so there had to be another hydrogen present on the other oxygen, was quite close really :tongue:

See I THINK it may have been O- on one and OH on the other, thinking about it... But I had half an hour to do the photosynth question onwards- so it was a pretty good attempt!;D I might get one mark!:L
Reply 4334

Original post by emah123

perhaps, yes. I'm sure you have done bettwe than you thought, you may get more marks from the allow section. :smile:
Depends on the grade boundaries. It'll be damn close that's for sure!

Tell me about it, typical that this exam I didn't finish it and I was panicking about the time issue so my mind was else where!
I really hope grade boundaries are low, very low! Otherwise I may as well sell myself for money if I don't get my A to get into uni hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drplease
Can you say oxidising agent is iodine? because that is technically reduced from +5 to 0

Thats what I thought?! Isnt it more reduced than IO3 (or whatever it was)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itshollaaay
I am in exactly the same situation. The amount of past papers I have done and have got more than enough to get 105ums but this paper I have easily dropped 35 marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same boat and we're not the only ones! Have hope- the grade boundaries may well drop! In Jan they were 63 for 105 (you could drop 37) and this paper's consensus is generally more difficult! Have faith- not all is lost!
Reply 4339
See I THINK it may have been O- on one and OH on the other, thinking about it... But I had half an hour to do the photosynth question onwards- so it was a pretty good attempt!;D I might get one mark!:L

I think it was a H on both as it asked for the structure before it had reacted with NH3 which took the H+ off to form the ligand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending