The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Xtremepapers is a website that has law papers dating back to 2003 after looking at the scenarios I realised that in a couple of exams the scenario is the same it's just the names within it that have been changed. Thought it might prove useful to someone!
Reply 281
Original post by lankan-gurl
Really? Do you think that morals will definitely be on the paper? I want fault to come up but not too sure it will do so because it came up last year. I would hate judicial creativity to come up.

I really hope whoever that person that said morals would come up was right.. non-fatals was on unit 3 this year though so maybe they are right :smile:

I don't know what do you think will come up?

I was the person who said about morals coming up, UDAM was also in the aqa law review for june law03 which was in, its a magazine written by aqa to give hints on the exam and in the may edition morals was in, our teachers get it and copy the articles for us:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Original post by seana39223
Yes Gosh text takes mental disorders into account. Id still discuss the rest of the crime and then say defendant doesn't satisfy men's rea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, great! Thanks.
Reply 283
Really? Do you think that morals will definitely be on the paper? I want fault to come up but not too sure it will do so because it came up last year. I would hate judicial creativity to come up.

I really hope whoever that person that said morals would come up was right.. non-fatals was on unit 3 this year though so maybe they are right :smile:

I don't know what do you think will come up?

lol personally I think Morals will come up, but I want Judicial to come up as its my strongest and shortest essay and so leaves plenty of time for the millions of liabilities AQA will give us :unimpressed::afraid: lol

So I think: Morals, Creativity and either Fault/Justice
Reply 284
Original post by lharto
I was the person who said about morals coming up, UDAM was also in the aqa law review for june law03 which was in, its a magazine written by aqa to give hints on the exam and in the may edition morals was in, our teachers get it and copy the articles for us:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh. Was anything else mentioned apart from Law and Morals? We've been taught Judicial Creativity, Fault and Balancing conflicting interests. So I can't really do Law and Morality. >.<
Original post by lharto

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh nice :smile: Do you think though that it will definitely be in? I'd hate to revise just for that essay and not have it come up..
Reply 286
When I'm discussing the Ghosh test... Would you have to say that (For the objective part) - 'that I think a reasonable and honest person would regard the act as dishonest' and also say (For the Subjective part) - 'that if the Jury find that the defendant knew that his act was dishonest' the test would establish dishonesty

Or are people just going to say that 'The jury has to establish both elements'

Confusing question I know.. but its the only way i can put it...
Think I'm the only one who wants balancing and conflicting interests to come up ... anyone else??
Reply 288
Original post by Rupesh94
When I'm discussing the Ghosh test... Would you have to say that (For the objective part) - 'that I think a reasonable and honest person would regard the act as dishonest' and also say (For the Subjective part) - 'that if the Jury find that the defendant knew that his act was dishonest' the test would establish dishonesty

Or are people just going to say that 'The jury has to establish both elements'

Confusing question I know.. but its the only way i can put it...

I do the former. But if you're mentioning it the second time, do the latter.

Original post by Jessicalouisee_
Think I'm the only one who wants balancing and conflicting interests to come up ... anyone else??

Yeah, that doesn't seem too bad. I'm pretty okay with it, along with Fault. But if Judicial Creativity comes up = :angry:
Reply 289
Original post by Cryl
I do the former. But if you're mentioning it the second time, do the latter.

Yeah, that doesn't seem too bad. I'm pretty okay with it, along with Fault. But if Judicial Creativity comes up = :angry:

Ahh.. okay

Thanks
Original post by heleena11
People keep telling me its too risky! I dont see why they would put justice in for a 4th year ina row when they have 5 to choose from?!?

Non-Fatal Offences has come up in every summer Unit 3 exam since they started which is about 4/5 exams. Im not risking it.
Reply 291
Look I've only been given the morals article after we've only learnt creativity, justice and morals, we only get articles not the entire review may!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lharto
Look I've only been given the morals article after we've only learnt creativity, justice and morals, we only get articles not the entire review may!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did it exactly say in the article that suggested Morals would be in the unit 4 paper this year?
Reply 293
What did it exactly say in the article that suggested Morals would be in the unit 4 paper this year?

It was an article on how morals where used in the justice system and the recent gay marriage issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Original post by lharto
It was an article on how morals where used in the justice system and the recent gay marriage issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is how many times each topic has come up, not that you can make a pattern but I guess you could rule out one or two:

Justice: 3
Creativity: 2
Fault: 2
Morality: 1
Balancing: 1
Seems like everyone here is doing Section A...shame really :'( I'm doing Section B Tort. For section C we've been been taught law and morality, law and fault and law and justice. I'm sooo tempted to take the risk and leave out justice because its come up in ALL Law04 papers but with 35marks at stake is it truly worth it?
My guess is that the questions will be Law and Morality, Balancing Conflicting Interests and Judicial Creativity
Reply 296
Law and morals seems so interesting. Why didn't we get taught that? -.-
HELP NEEDED FOR TORT!
I feel like I have somewhat neglected this subject for business studies as I have had to teach myself the course (**** teachers) so I'm really worried about Friday!!! My law teacher isn't great so I need some help!
I'm doing Tort.
My questions:
1) How do you discuss breach for psychiatric damage and economic loss?
2) Is economic loss a tort or is the tort negligent misstatement?
3) When do I discuss economic loss?
4) How do diss us breach for economic loss / negligent misstatement?
5) When discussing vicarious liability do you have to discuss the tort of the employee first?
6) Do you ever have to discuss public nuisance or is it always part of private nuisance?
7) Any more help would be appreciated!!
Hi guys,

I've just started revising for this exam. A bit late i know! But hey :smile:

Can someone please tell me what on earth a moral is?

Cheers and best of luck to all of you who are doing this exam about moral
Also is criminal damage when u break a window? or is that somin else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending