The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7340
Original post by UncreativeJ
Hmm... Don't really care about the label lol :P If it creates a higher chance for the children of cousin-parents to have birth defects, then I will see it as a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But would you label it as incest... Out of curiosity and debate with someone about this matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahiscool
Does anybody know when we can apply for a provisional licence ? ( age wise )

Original post by Jina
But would you label it as incest... Out of curiosity and debate with someone about this matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Incest

Noun 1. Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.

I believe cousins are "too closely related" therefore I believe it is incest.
Original post by MangoFreak

you can get it in advance cant you ? my cousin definitely got hers when she was 16

edit-found the answer you can apply when you're 16 and 9 months old
Hmm... Don't really care about the label lol :P If it creates a higher chance for the children of cousin-parents to have birth defects, then I will see it as a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no no no this is why having incest be illegal is stupid.

a) Incestuous relations do not have to result in conception.
b) It's not illegal for people with genetic diseases to procreate, despite the much higher chance of their child being problematic compared to the chance of a child born of incest having defects. You know why? Because that's eugenics. Educate people on the problems that COULD occur in the event of conception.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sarahiscool
you can get it in advance cant you ? my cousin definitely got hers when she was 16

edit-found the answer you can apply when you're 16 and 9 months old

Okay cool the government website was unclear.
Oh please :pierre: The condemnation of the incest between Jamie and Cersei was one of the few things I would have criticised Westeros for (along with basically all other feudal and bloodline-related structures :mmm:). The Lannisters themselves criticised the relations (not directly as they refused to believe it but they certainly considered the rumours vile :tongue:).

I appreciate your joke, but debunked :lol:

b) It's not illegal for people with genetic diseases to procreate, despite the much higher chance of their child being problematic compared to the chance of a child born of incest having defects. You know why? Because that's eugenics. Educate people on the problems that COULD occur in the event of conception.

Well, really, it's illegal officially for that reason but that seems to be just a facade for the real reason: ethics and religion.
Original post by qwepoizxcmnb
Well, really, it's illegal officially for that reason but that seems to be just a facade for the real reason: ethics and religion.

:five: YES, YOU GLORIOUS TRUTH-SPEAKER I LOVE YOU :ahee:

I find it abhorrent that there can be any law preventing consenting humans from engaging in activities that basically affect nobody in any way.
Okay cool the government website was unclear.

yup thats the government for you .... ahh cant wait until I start driving ... have to wait a bit though :frown:
Yeah well what can I say he said something smart like two days after he said something mind-bogglingly dumb.

Thought-provoking arguments. I'll definitely be reading more into this :smile:

Edit: gramer

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
:five: YES, YOU GLORIOUS TRUTH-SPEAKER I LOVE YOU :ahee:

I find it abhorrent that there can be any law preventing consenting humans from engaging in activities that basically affect nobody in any way.

Well, it does impact the child quite a bit, should the lady become impregnated, so not entirely only the couple, but this argument is quite easily dismissed by your point #2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought-provoking arguments. I'll definitely be reading more into this :smile:

Edit: gramer

Posted from TSR Mobile

:mmm: gramer nuuuuuu

Well, thank you :tongue: I don't really see the justification in people wanting incest - or anything - outlawed simply because they find thinking about it uncomfortable (which is stupid anyway; if you immediately think of ****ing your sibling at the mention of "incest", that probably isn't the fault of the mentioner :mmm:). I envisage a future where incest is the new homosexuality :dontknow: Also polygamy should be tackled :biggrin: And basically everything else.
Well, it does impact the child quite a bit, should the lady become impregnated, so not entirely only the couple, but this argument is quite easily dismissed by your point #2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I much prefer my second point; it's my go-to point :tongue:
:ninjagirl:
Yeah I much prefer my second point; it's my go-to point :tongue:

Dat trump card eh?
Original post by tara8000

Hello, Tara!
Original post by tara8000

Been a while! :smile: