The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by überambitious_ox
how do you factorise this?

image:
cubed.JPG
i know that there is the difference of two squares for quadratics, but what about cubics? is there a rule?

do we have to go through the long process of polynomial div?

a3b3=(ab)(a2+ab+b2)a^3 - b^3 = (a-b)(a^2 + ab + b^2 )
do we need to know the factor formulas?
Reply 3122
how do you sketch (x^2+1)/(x^2-1)

and work out domain/range of f^-1(x)
Original post by ColdHugs22
do we need to know the factor formulas?

Pretty sure the only thing we have to remember is completing the square/difference of two squares.
Original post by PoorLoser
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2362486

And I'm guessing the source of that is the edexcel website.

Yes, there's a replacement paper but this doesn't mean it will be harder. As edexcel have said, the replacement papers have gone through the same processes as the originals, and are no harder/easier than the original papers.

So there really isn't anything to worry about.

Edit:

And if you don't believe edexcel, and still think they'll give a harder paper, the FP1 replacement paper was done on Monday, and most candidates found it (fairly) easy. So I doubt they'll screw you guys over :wink:

Good luck!

You didn't sit the M2 replacement one then! It wasn't very nice at all :-/
Original post by Lol_Fish
Pretty sure the only thing we have to remember is completing the square/difference of two squares.

thnx
was checking the specification n it wasnt there but some websites say you have to now it so jus wanted to make sure:smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
You didn't sit the M2 replacement one then! It wasn't very nice at all :-/

The papers have always been produced in sets of 2 as a minimum per examination date, the reason they had to replace the papers was because of a suspected breach into their database, and it's good they did replace the papers, because there was a chance that some candidates had access to the papers. The replacements papers are produced by the Same examiner as the normal paper, so the difficulty is what you'll be getting either way. So don't worry : D! good luck : ) Can't wait to get this exam out the way and begin studying for my horrendous biology exam ): !
Original post by ColdHugs22
thnx
was checking the specification n it wasnt there but some websites say you have to now it so jus wanted to make sure:smile:

I'm sure you don't have to know them, but just take a quick glance at them. Good luck : ) !
Reply 3128
Come back home..have a nice nap...Start BIOL5 :|

Good Luck Guys! Lets hope this paper doesn't screw us over like M2!
Original post by James A
I'll be contributing towards helping my fellows brahs and sisters with dropping the grade boundaries.

You shall have full support:tongue:
Original post by MLogan
Come back home..have a nice nap...Start BIOL5 :|

Good Luck Guys! Lets hope this paper doesn't screw us over like M2!

Biol5 is like the cold virus, screws your head over (dry dull sensation in the head) the second it's over you're cured of the cold, and you feel so much better. I can't wait to finish that **** exam!
Reply 3131
Biol5 is like the cold virus, screws your head over (dry dull sensation in the head) the second it's over you're cured of the cold, and you feel so much better. I can't wait to finish that **** exam!

I know! I can't wait for it to be over. I'm so scared for it but at the same time want to get it over and done with!
Original post by MLogan
I know! I can't wait for it to be over. I'm so scared for it but at the same time want to get it over and done with!

exactly
I don't know why...

... but I find it odd that for f(|x|) you have to reflect everything onto the left side of the y axis

when the x values there are negative, I never knew this in Jan lol :redface:
I'm sure you don't have to know them, but just take a quick glance at them. Good luck : ) !

good luck yo you too:wink:
Lets smash this exam guys and show the country what TSR is made of! And that's clearly the best of the best :biggrin:
Good luck everyone!
I honestly am not feeling this exam. :colone:
Original post by MedMed12
ignore that post, the person who told me said its what they presume seeing as M2, C3 and M3 and afew other papers have been really different.

There was this....

http://www.edexcel.com/Aboutus/press-room/Pages/june13-gcemaths-replacepapers.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
My worry is how easy I've been getting A's on C3 since January and also how easily I could just get screwed over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending