The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x0x
When is results day?

15th august I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x0x
So what is the answer to the last question? does it increase or decrease? or does it stay the same

resistance decrease
Reply 1002
why isnt anyone discussing the polarisation question .?
Reply 1003
Original post by Mimi85
why isnt anyone discussing the polarisation question .?

It was straightforward in my opinion but I might have got it all wrong :P
the definition was alright but there were 3 marks so who knows what else they wanted apart from stating that the oscillations are in only one plane (1) perpendicular to the direction of propagation (2)
I included a diagram and stated that only transverse waves can be plane polarized but I have a feeling I missed what they wanted
Then you had to comment about the polarizing filters.
135-45=90 so each filter lets light whose oscillation is in a particular plane (something along those lines) and the difference is 90
Tilting your head changes the angle of polarization and the difference is no longer 90 degrees so each filter is able to let in light that wasn't meant to be let in
I don't remember the other questions, sorry :P
Reply 1004
Original post by x0x
the definition was alright but there were 3 marks so who knows what else they wanted apart from stating that the oscillations are in only one plane (1) perpendicular to the direction of propagation (2)
I included a diagram and stated that only transverse waves can be plane polarized but I have a feeling I missed what they wanted
135-45=90 so each filter lets light whose oscillation is in a particular plane (something along those lines) and the difference is 90
Tilting your head changes the angle of polarization and the difference is no longer 90 degrees so each filter is able to let in light that wasn't meant to be let in

lol ur answers sound so right , i dont think im getting much marks cuz i didnt write the main points :mad::mad::mad: im so scared abt getting a low mark , i even screwed up in the electricity questions .. in the 3d glasses question , i jst wrote that light is unpolarised so it gets polarised bla bla .. and for the tilting ur head question i wrote that if u more , ur
Reply 1005
Original post by x0x

sorry ill continue here , so if u move ur head , the light is once again unpolarised and and is has ton be in the angle "the right angle " bla bla , im so scared to get a low mark
Reply 1006
Original post by Mimi85
sorry ill continue here , so if u move ur head , the light is once again unpolarised and and is has ton be in the angle "the right angle " bla bla , im so scared to get a low mark

Don't worry. I don't think i'll get full marks in this question because the mark scheme is likely to be picky. I hope you get the grade you want :smile: the last question is bound to lower the grade boundaries :P I answered it badly to say the least :P
what 6 markers came up in march this year?
Reply 1008
Original post by 789tom789
what 6 markers came up in march this year?

There were no 6 markers but there were 5 markers. Don't worry, the questions weren't as crazy as January's (unit 1)
Reply 1009
Does anyone know the time of the gcse edexcel p2 exam 18/6/13?
all I know is that its in the morning
Reply 1010
Why can't I access results plus direct registration page?!??
Reply 1011
Original post by Munchee
Why can't I access results plus direct registration page?!??

why would you register now?
Original post by x0x

I know its a bit late but what did you put for the voltmeter with low resistance question
Original post by x0x

Surely it says to do so on or before today.....! Anyway I think it's too much traffic..... That's why it never does load
Reply 1014
Guys apparently the answer to the last question is that resistance decreases ( it should be answered using the lattice vibrations theory ) :tongue: so I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x0x
Guys apparently the answer to the last question is that resistance decreases ( it should be answered using the lattice vibrations theory ) :tongue: so I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

What the ****.
That question was soo vague and flawed and ambiguous......

I could understand the question in 3 ways
..so.I devided the page and wrote all 3 combinations stating my assumptions.......:mad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1016
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
What the ****.
That question was soo vague and flawed and ambiguous......

I could understand the question in 3 ways
..so.I devided the page and wrote all 3 combinations stating my assumptions.......:mad:

Haha l share the same view :P
Do you have any idea about the cap mark? i.e. mark at which you get full ums?
i reckon 74? how about you?
Reply 1017
Original post by x0x

woaah dude watch where u are going unit 2 full ums never gone above 66-68 so im thinking 68 or something assuming an A is 58 which never happened its always lower
Original post by x0x

For unit 1
I'll say 65 for full ums.
54 for A

For unit 2:
I'll say 70 for full sums
59 for A
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1019
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
For unit 1
I'll say 65 for full ums.
54 for A

For unit 2:
I'll say 70 for full sums
59 for A

Yeah sounds right to me :smile:
Thank god I didn't have to sit unit one again, that paper turned me into a pessimistic student :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending