I'm doing highers: English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Geography :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do most people do 5 at your school?
we can only do 5 if we choose further maths or critical thinking
Reply 1301
Original post by Whooh1
Do most people do 5 at your school?
we can only do 5 if we choose further maths or critical thinking

Yeah, in Scotland 5 subjects are compulsory in 5th year (year 12) but you don't need to continue them in sixth year (year 13) but you can do an advanced higher of the subject. In sixth year (assuming you did 5 highers (you can do int 1/2 if you aren't as capable)) most people do 3/4 subjects. We don't have any of those subjects on offer :frown: Although if we did I would most certainly choose further maths! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1302
Original post by CanineVet
Yeah, in Scotland 5 subjects are compulsory in 5th year (year 12) but you don't need to continue them in sixth year (year 13) but you can do an advanced higher of the subject. In sixth year (assuming you did 5 highers (you can do int 1/2 if you aren't as capable)) most people do 3/4 subjects. We don't have any of those subjects on offer :frown: Although if we did I would most certainly choose further maths! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was considering further maths but it means you get almost no free time in school to do work. How many lessons a week do you have for each subject?
Autocorrect can't differentiate TLC from LTC weirdly :s-smilie: :lol:

I haven't actually been swimming in about a year so I'm hoping I won't have to do it on Sunday (in a freezing cold reservoir... sounds fun! :biggrin: )

You're definitely the first person to mention it :h:

Not going to lie, I don't recognise half of those names :colondollar:

Original post by Whooh1
I was considering further maths but it means you get almost no free time in school to do work. How many lessons a week do you have for each subject?

Same here; a lot of my friends are doing FM but to be honest I think I'm going to struggle to juggle my time with only four.
Reply 1304
Yeh i don't think i would have time for hobbies and 5 a levels if i wanted to get A's.
Do you do edexcel maths?
Original post by Whooh1
Yeh i don't think i would have time for hobbies and 5 a levels if i wanted to get A's.
Do you do edexcel maths?

For GCSE or A-Level? I did Edexcel GCSE maths back in March but I'm not sure what my school's board for the A-Level is.
Reply 1306
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
For GCSE or A-Level? I did Edexcel GCSE maths back in March but I'm not sure what my school's board for the A-Level is.

GCSE we weren't allowed to do it early so done non calc tuesday and got calc tomorrow. What did you get?
Original post by Whooh1
GCSE we weren't allowed to do it early so done non calc tuesday and got calc tomorrow. What did you get?

Ahh, we did it in November so that we could use maths lessons for revision in other subjects for the rest of the year. Everyone who didn't get an A* was re-entered for March (I was a few marks off :unimpressed: ), and I got it that time.

To be fair, the November exam was immediately after half term, which I spent at a stable. It's not my fault that ponies > revising for maths :teehee: .

Good luck for your exam tomorrow! :smile: How did you find the non calculator paper?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1308
Original post by Whooh1

Well I have six periods (50 mins) per subject and a period of PSE which I'm replacing (after convincing my head of year) for physics (not sitting the exam but I'm crashing the higher for it in sixth year so it just gives me some basic understanding). And no free periods :frown: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1309
I haven't actually been swimming in about a year so I'm hoping I won't have to do it on Sunday (in a freezing cold reservoir... sounds fun! :biggrin: )

You're definitely the first person to mention it :h:

Not going to lie, I don't recognise half of those names :colondollar:

Hahahah me loves swimming :smile: but not in hypothermic temperatures :wink:

Haha really?! I am shocked, all these vet hopefuls should be ashamed aha ko :wink:

Haha neither did I tbh, quite shocking :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahah me loves swimming :smile: but not in hypothermic temperatures :wink:

Haha really?! I am shocked, all these vet hopefuls should be ashamed aha ko :wink:

Haha neither did I tbh, quite shocking :tongue:

The last time I swam was when I went water-skiing with the scouts. That was in a lake (cable skiiing) in November, so hopefully I'll be resilient enough in case I fall in on Sunday :tongue:

Is that advert even still on? I haven't seen it in a while :tongue: I decided my avatar before I decided my username haha :h:

At least I have the excuse of not being Scottish :wink:
Long day of clinical skills... Although I got to play with some ponies :biggrin:. Starting fluid therapy learning- its hard :redface:. Fluid therapy basically when you give the fluids to the dogs/cats/whatever to recover.. you calculate the type of fluid dependent on the problem/what you want to restore, how much (dependent on a whole range of factors, size, dehydration etc), drip rates, kind of catheter and lots of other wonderful things Im just about to go through in the lecture :smile:. Btw guys, come to leahurst, the equine unit is like wowee.
Reply 1312
Ahh, we did it in November so that we could use maths lessons for revision in other subjects for the rest of the year. Everyone who didn't get an A* was re-entered for March (I was a few marks off :unimpressed: ), and I got it that time.

To be fair, the November exam was immediately after half term, which I spent at a stable. It's not my fault that ponies > revising for maths :teehee: .

Good luck for your exam tomorrow! :smile: How did you find the non calculator paper?

Quite easy dont think i got much less than 90. Normally the calculator is harder for me becuse i make stupid mistakes.
Reply 1313
The last time I swam was when I went water-skiing with the scouts. That was in a lake (cable skiiing) in November, so hopefully I'll be resilient enough in case I fall in on Sunday :tongue:

Is that advert even still on? I haven't seen it in a while :tongue: I decided my avatar before I decided my username haha :h:

At least I have the excuse of not being Scottish :wink:

Hahaha aww :tongue: and I don't think so, last time I saw it was last year, it always made me feel happy :tongue:.

Haha, out of pure coincidence my maths teacher had a whole discussion about this today but I used my googled knowledge to give myself an edge :wink:. We are about to start this in maths but Napier apparently introduced logirithms or 'logs' but I don't have the slightest idea of what they are :tongue:. I know I should be ashamed :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1314
Original post by skatealexia
Long day of clinical skills... Although I got to play with some ponies :biggrin:. Starting fluid therapy learning- its hard :redface:. Fluid therapy basically when you give the fluids to the dogs/cats/whatever to recover.. you calculate the type of fluid dependent on the problem/what you want to restore, how much (dependent on a whole range of factors, size, dehydration etc), drip rates, kind of catheter and lots of other wonderful things Im just about to go through in the lecture :smile:. Btw guys, come to leahurst, the equine unit is like wowee.

Oooo that sounds very interesting! :biggrin: But also a hell of a lot to take in! Was there a lot of practical too I take it? Aw, ponies, we have three Shetlands at the farm :smile: I think liverpool may be one of my choices, it certainly does look impressive especially Leahurst! :biggrin:

Currently, I have a rabbit that is continually weaving through my legs :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya does anybody know for the Liverpool open days, the tour round leahurst says its for applicants only. I'm wanting to apply this October as I'm in yr 12 now, and would really like to go on the tour, but dont know whether i would be allowed:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1316
Original post by gracie2013
Hiya does anybody know for the Liverpool open days, the tour round leahurst says its for applicants only. I'm wanting to apply this October as I'm in yr 12 now, and would really like to go on the tour, but dont know whether i would be allowed:confused:

Of course you're allowed, you're a future applicant :smile: it just means no friends, parents etc. Because they will be limited on space, when I went last year parents weren't allowed on the tour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeHappy
Of course you're allowed, you're a future applicant :smile: it just means no friends, parents etc. Because they will be limited on space, when I went last year parents weren't allowed on the tour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you're allowed to go on it I'm going on it a week today and in scared to be on my own for it. If any of you are there please let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
First day at the dairy farm tomorrow :biggrin: Wish me luck!

I don't suppose you guys could give me any tips? I think tomorrow is an induction day rather than an actual day of work and on the phone the farmer sounded absolutely lovely, so I'm not that concerned about looking like an idiot, I'd just like to know the basics of what I'll probably be doing :biggrin: Obviously I know a tiny bit already (how to put the cluster on etc) but any other advice would be welcomed! :biggrin:
First day at the dairy farm tomorrow :biggrin: Wish me luck!

I don't suppose you guys could give me any tips? I think tomorrow is an induction day rather than an actual day of work and on the phone the farmer sounded absolutely lovely, so I'm not that concerned about looking like an idiot, I'd just like to know the basics of what I'll probably be doing :biggrin: Obviously I know a tiny bit already (how to put the cluster on etc) but any other advice would be welcomed! :biggrin:

Don't chill in the kick zone of a cow - you will get kicked :tongue:
Only go through the crush zone (between a cows side and something solid, like a wall) if you must.
Ask as many questions as you can!
Oh and the older your clothes the better - they are going to be smelling... ripe shall we say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending