The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by moalem.abassi
my axis went blue to red (from left to right)

no reflectance at blue
began to rise in the middle: for the green light
continued to the end: for the red light

so basically no peak at blue but peak at red and green, because it was reflectance spectra.

red and green light makes yellow light.

Something is yellow either because it reflects pure yellow light ( according to /\E = hv) or, it can be a mixture of green and red light reflecting.

I got the same, just one large peak, since more red was used i made the peak above red slightly higher too
Reply 881
Original post by ActaNonVerba
fair do's.. well what do you think about mine; x axis was wavelength(might have put frequency or both), y axis was reflectance, I drew a sort of deformed curve that rose and then fell again, at the lamda max (peak of curve) I drew a line down to the wavelength and labelled yellow.. didn't know what they wanted me to do with the percentages tbh

I thought becuase it said 'no axis needed' we didnt have to put anythng on the x or y axis and i just draw the line.. oh fudge.
Reply 882

The chemistry that agrees CaCO3(s) decreases, however, is:

eq1.
CaCO3 <=> CO3 2- + Ca 2+

eq2.
H+ + CO3 2- <=> HCO3-

If that is the correct equation 2, then i'm an idiot and the answer you got (CaCO3 decreases) is horribly obvious. Are you sure that is the correct equation 2? I'm finding it difficult to believe I didn't see something so obvious when doing the question, and when checking it.
Just sat this exam yesterday, it was absolutely horrible, how did anyone else do?
Original post by badatgow
If that is the correct equation 2, then i'm an idiot and the answer you got (CaCO3 decreases) is horribly obvious. Are you sure that is the correct equation 2? I'm finding it difficult to believe I didn't see something so obvious when doing the question, and when checking it.

I think those equations are correct, because I got the same answer and checked mine at the end :s
Reply 885
Original post by EmilyJane95
Just sat this exam yesterday, it was absolutely horrible, how did anyone else do?

I found it awful! Bye bye uni place :frown: However the majority of people from my college said it was easy :s-smilie:
Reply 886
Original post by bexisamazing
I think those equations are correct, because I got the same answer and checked mine at the end :s

Ok, thanks for confirming that :smile:. I guess I need to take a trip to specsavers, kinda gutted to lose 2 marks from missing something that was on the page. Now I know how that chap who didn't see the moles of I2 on the last question feels haha.
What is the chemistry that agrees with bold?

The chemistry that agrees CaCO3(s) decreases, however, is:

eq1.

CaCO3 <=> CO3 2- + Ca 2+

eq2.

H+ + CO3 2- <=> HCO3-

- Increase acid means increase in [H+]

- Increase in[H+] causes equilibrium position of eq.2 to shift to the right (to oppose change)
^ By shifting to the right: [HCO3-] increases; [H+] and [CO3 2-] decrease.

- Since [CO3 2-] decreases, the equilibrium position in eq.2 shifts to the right (to oppose change)
^ By shifting to the right: [CO3 2-] and [Ca 2+] increase; [CaCO3] decreases.

How many marks was that worth?
Reply 888
I guess I'd lose a mark for putting chloroalkane instead of chloromethane :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stealth_writer

about 4
Original post by badatgow
Ok, thanks for confirming that :smile:. I guess I need to take a trip to specsavers, kinda gutted to lose 2 marks from missing something that was on the page. Now I know how that chap who didn't see the moles of I2 on the last question feels haha.

hahah, its okay I am sure many people misread things, I know I did on several questions. I forgot to answer the electron configuration question -_-
Original post by stealth_writer

I think it was 3 marks :smile:
Original post by _Mollie_
I found it awful! Bye bye uni place :frown: However the majority of people from my college said it was easy :s-smilie:

Yeah I am so gutted, I need a b in that exam to get a b overall and I doubt I even scrapped a D! :frown: I feel the same way, bye bye uni place! :frown: where are you hoping to go? I didn't think it was like any of the past papers I did, it was so much harder than them all :frown:
Original post by Richyp22
antiomony(v)oxide or antimonyoxide(v)

Does anybody remember what the condition was for the buffers?

Secondly on the question where it asked for the property of carrier molecule do you think i'd get a mark for saying insoluable?

I thought the condition for buffers was a high concentration of the salt. I may be wrong, but that's what I put. Also, you may do, however the actual answer they were look for was for you to say that it was inert.
Me too! :frown: all these answers people are putting and I'm like well I didn't put that or that or that! Oh dear!
quick question based on the titanium yellow paint question, titanium ion in the compound was +4 which means it has lost all its d shell electrons so how is the compound even coloured ? as colour is based upon there being d shell electrons
Reply 896
Yeah I am so gutted, I need a b in that exam to get a b overall and I doubt I even scrapped a D! :frown: I feel the same way, bye bye uni place! :frown: where are you hoping to go? I didn't think it was like any of the past papers I did, it was so much harder than them all :frown:

I need a D to for this exam to get a B overall but srsly thought I might not even get a D. This paper was horrible! Was so disappointed that they didn't ask about entropy question/ lattice enthalpy! Are you resitting F334? Anyway good luck though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justtoopro
quick question based on the titanium yellow paint question, titanium ion in the compound was +4 which means it has lost all its d shell electrons so how is the compound even coloured ? as colour is based upon there being d shell electrons

Wasn't the oxidation state +4 for Ti in TiO2? therefore you ended up with the electron configuration which ended with 3p6 because both the 4s2 and 3d2 electrons had been lost.

I think that when you answered the question about Ti being coloured yellow you had to talk about the 3d subshells being split by ligands etc, not about TiO2.
Original post by 11hokj1
I need a D to for this exam to get a B overall but srsly thought I might not even get a D. This paper was horrible! Was so disappointed that they didn't ask about entropy question/ lattice enthalpy! Are you resitting F334? Anyway good luck though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah everything that I'm good at didn't come up like entropy or lattice calculations! And even the pH calculations which I'm usually good at were horrible ones! Yeah I am, I haven't done much revision for it yet as I've got a biology exam on Monday, think I've got some sleepless night ahead of me :frown: what about you? Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 899
Yeah everything that I'm good at didn't come up like entropy or lattice calculations! And even the pH calculations which I'm usually good at were horrible ones! Yeah I am, I haven't done much revision for it yet as I've got a biology exam on Monday, think I've got some sleepless night ahead of me :frown: what about you? Good luck to you too :smile:

Yeah thought the pH calculations were harder than past papers, they asked a lot of "unpopular" topics which I didn't really expect :frown:

F334 is my last exam, I got REALLY BAD on that in Jan :frown:
oh you doing Edexcel bio? good luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending