The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

I liked that exam actually :smile: not too bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad this exam was easy because C4 was ****.

I got Solid D.
And I got.concentration to be 0.08 mol/dm^3

Even though 0.8 seemed right :s-smilie:
For the C6 six marker did we literally just have to say "hydration has __ which is better than fermentation's ___ so hydration would be better" etc throughout, then make a decision at the end? It seemed far too easy for six marks :confused: Also I think I found it okay, a little harder than Bio though. I got 0.08 for conc, too. What did everyone get for the alternative to CFCs formula?
Original post by DeadUnicorn
For the C6 six marker did we literally just have to say "hydration has __ which is better than fermentation's ___ so hydration would be better" etc throughout, then make a decision at the end? It seemed far too easy for six marks :confused: Also I think I found it okay, a little harder than Bio though. I got 0.08 for conc, too. What did everyone get for the alternative to CFCs formula?

I did the one which contained Hydrogen and no Chlorine (second one down I think) :smile:

I thought this chemistry exam was slightly more difficult than biology as well
I thought it was much easier, hoping for full UMS even :colone:
Reply 465
I thought this exam was relatively easy: none of the complicated stuff like fuel cells, or weird titration came up :biggrin: easier than biology I thought, although some questions were unclear on what they actually wanted.

I've got a music theory exam on Saturday too *sigh* haven't even done any practise papers for that at all, I've been too busy doing other stuff :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
Oh wow, my calculator gave the answers in standard form (WHY?!) so I got 0.125 mol/dm^3 for the concentration of NaOH. :frown:

Oh and section D was horrible. The rest of the questions were nice though.
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I did the one which contained Hydrogen and no Chlorine (second one down I think) :smile:

I thought this chemistry exam was slightly more difficult than biology as well
There was only one without chlorine right? I think I chose that one too then, hi 5! :biggrin:
Reply 468
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I thought it was much easier, hoping for full UMS even :colone:

Me too... i thought this was much easier in comparison to bio !

and yeah...i will be disappointed with anything below 157/160 :biggrin:

Original post by andersson
Oh wow, my calculator gave the answers in standard form (WHY?!) so I got 0.125 mol/dm^3 for the concentration of NaOH. :frown:

Oh and section D was horrible. The rest of the questions were nice though.

i think you will still get the marks,,even if it is in standard form ...
and i thought SectionD was easier than it was in Bio...it was only 2 mark questions this time :tongue:
Does anyone know which question (if there was one) had the answer 0.02 (or something like that)? :smile:
Reply 470
Original post by ryanb97

i think you will still get the marks,,even if it is in standard form ...
and i thought SectionD was easier than it was in Bio...it was only 2 mark questions this time :tongue:

Maybe... I put 0.008 mol/dm^3 but I thought that was far too small, so I re-did some calculations and came out with another wrong answer. -.-
If you can remember the calculations you did, could you show me what you did to get the right answer (if you got it)?
Reply 471
Think I got 80+ marks yessss, my best ever exam I think.
Reply 472
No more chemistry ever for me!!
and I got 0.08 :biggrin:
What did people put for why it is difficult to predict levels of CFCs? I couldn't think so I put, some governments might change their mind and disagree with what scientists say about CFCs causing damage to the ozone and start using them again (LOL) and that we might find a way to decrease levels of CFCs in the atmosphere....are these answers suitable? :L
Original post by NatashaG
What did people put for why it is difficult to predict levels of CFCs? I couldn't think so I put, some governments might change their mind and disagree with what scientists say about CFCs causing damage to the ozone and start using them again (LOL) and that we might find a way to decrease levels of CFCs in the atmosphere....are these answers suitable? :L

Probably :lol:

I had no idea... I said "people might use them" "might have unknown reactions in stratosphere :lol:"
Reply 475
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Probably :lol:

I had no idea... I said "people might use them" "might have unknown reactions in stratosphere :lol:"

I wrote about how they're still being released by fridges and air conditioning machines.
Original post by Red Fox
I wrote about how they're still being released by fridges and air conditioning machines.

Hmmm... I guess so
I wrote that CFC production may increase in some countries that haven't banned it yet, increasing the concentration or that CFCs production may slow down even more as more countries ban them, causing CFC concentration to drop even more quickly... :redface:
Reply 478
For the concentration 1 I put 0.08 but did it already give you mol\dm3 or did you have to put it? Also it Wasent there would you get taken away a mark?:/
Reply 479
Original post by john712
For the concentration 1 I put 0.08 but did it already give you mol\dm3 or did you have to put it? Also it Wasent there would you get taken away a mark?:/

It already gave the units; you didn't have to write it again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending