The Student Room Group

Aqa Business BUSS4 Unit 4 June 20 2013

How do you revise for this exam ? Help :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just practice on writing essays.
Reply 2
essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays.
Reply 3
Original post by swissking
just practice on writing essays.

Im finding section B easy, its just the section related to research im struggling with. I dont know what tor esearch or how
Reply 4
Original post by bundlez
Im finding section B easy, its just the section related to research im struggling with. I dont know what tor esearch or how

research companies that cross over with loads of different topics as well as culture. For example, Royal Mail has culture, leadership, technology, change process, legal environment (de-regulation), competitive environment.

Just search the keywords on Tutor2u. That's what i've been doing
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/

I'm only learning about 5/6 companies but making sure that they cover a variety of topics
Reply 5
Original post by Gurd33p
research companies that cross over with loads of different topics as well as culture. For example, Royal Mail has culture, leadership, technology, change process, legal environment (de-regulation), competitive environment.

Just search the keywords on Tutor2u. That's what i've been doing
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/

I'm only learning about 5/6 companies but making sure that they cover a variety of topics

How would you structure your answer for a section A question ?
Reply 6
Original post by bundlez
How would you structure your answer for a section A question ?

Introduction
definition
current climate of topic/setting the scene

Point 1
evidence/example (use case study example)
analyse
evaluate

Point 2
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Point 3 (counter argument)
analyse
evaluate

Point 4 (counter argument)
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Evaluation
answering the question
it depends on factors

The paragraphs don't need to be long, they just need to have the right structure and info to get the marks. I would also only do a point 4 if there was enough time.

if u want to look at examples look at the tutor2u ultimate guide to essay writing.
Reply 7
Original post by bundlez
How do you revise for this exam ? Help :confused:

Practice planning answers to essay titles - and then practice writing paragraph points. One strong paragraph point can get you to L5 for good application and good analysis

Jim
Original post by Jim Riley
Practice planning answers to essay titles - and then practice writing paragraph points. One strong paragraph point can get you to L5 for good application and good analysis

Jim

Could you give an example of a L5 paragraph or a frame for it please
Reply 9
I'm very lucky, I will have had no exams for 2 weeks before this one.
Reply 10
hello all- does anyone have any idea of what may come up? like what your teachers have suggested ? (esspecially for sec b)
Reply 11
Were our teachers supposed to give us a topic to research? Because i dont think i have been given one.

I dont know what to research or how?!

Also, any tips on essay structure would be great :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by llmpxx
Were our teachers supposed to give us a topic to research? Because i dont think i have been given one.

I dont know what to research or how?!

Also, any tips on essay structure would be great :smile:

hey the research theme is Culture and we have to just have a few strong examples of businesses who have a good or weak culture
Reply 13
Can someone please upload there research ??
Reply 14
Yay, the exam's on my birthday, lets how this goes well...
Reply 15
Original post by Gurd33p
Introduction
definition
current climate of topic/setting the scene

Point 1
analyse
evaluate

Point 2
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Point 3 (counter argument)
analyse
evaluate

Point 4 (counter argument)
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Evaluation
answering the question
it depends on factors

The paragraphs don't need to be long, they just need to have the right structure and info to get the marks. I would also only do a point 4 if there was enough time.

if u want to look at examples look at the tutor2u ultimate guide to essay writing.

what if you dont know about the example given in the case study?
Original post by haaaay
what if you dont know about the example given in the case study?

There is significant data that can be used from the case study you just have to refer to it. Most likely there will be an example of a toxic culture i.e. barclays with the change of CEO to Antony Jenkins. Due to the Libor Scandal being major I have a great feeling it will come up.
HELP
Reply 18
Clueless about this exam. I dont exactly know what to revise. I've been looking for weeks. im studying businesses here and there, tutor2u mentions innovation at apple blah blah, all this, but none of i see helping me in the exam. Cansomeone say in one sentence what i actually need to KNOW and STUDY for the exam. I've asked countless people and they waffle on about different things never answer the question, just do this, do a bit of that, then do this, link this to that business, talk about culture here and there... i dont get lol. I dont like this exam at all.

Basiclly you have to ramble on for an hour about culturein certain businesses am i right, relate it to the 5 points given, write in the normal way we've written for other exams, points for and against ect.. maybe knowledge to why that business went like that, the cause of it... how its being dealt with ? This is what comes to my mind, i just dont have a clue how to revise.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
does anyone have any good businesses that are easy to remember and have loads of good data about good or bad culture?

Quick Reply

Latest