The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Struggling with some decent cases for fraud. Anyone? (All areas of fraud)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cryl
I do the former. But if you're mentioning it the second time, do the latter.

Yeah, that doesn't seem too bad. I'm pretty okay with it, along with Fault. But if Judicial Creativity comes up = :angry:

I havent done fault so got no idea what that is ... I don't think I'd mind judicial creativity but I really don't like Law and Morality! ... I hope more than one of essay questions I've learnt comes up so I have a choice! ... Knowing my luck that won't happen and I'll get stuck with Law and Morals :/
Reply 322
Quick question, if there is theft in the first question and theft again in the second question, do you need to write out all the element of theft again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lankan-gurl
Does anyone know if in a scenario robbery occurs, do we have to talk about all the aspects of theft first then talk about robbery or do we just talk about the specific elements of robbery eg; force has been used to steal so when theft is complete there is a robbery as illustrated in corcoran?

Yeah, you need to have theft to have a robbery
Reply 324
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
I havent done fault so got no idea what that is ... I don't think I'd mind judicial creativity but I really don't like Law and Morality! ... I hope more than one of essay questions I've learnt comes up so I have a choice! ... Knowing my luck that won't happen and I'll get stuck with Law and Morals :/

It's been predicted that Law and Morals is likely to come up. So definitely go over that! (Law and Morality seems so fun) But I haven't been taught it. Balancing Conflicting Interests is also predicted to come up. I won't mind that at all c:
Reply 325
I need more past papers to do. I think I've done all of them.

Someone make up a scenario. They're so fun. :cool:
Original post by Cryl
It's been predicted that Law and Morals is likely to come up. So definitely go over that! (Law and Morality seems so fun) But I haven't been taught it. Balancing Conflicting Interests is also predicted to come up. I won't mind that at all c:

Oh right, I'll definetly go over Law and Morals then but I only got a C on my model answer whereas I got an A on my balancing and conflicting interests one ... so fingers crossed B&CI comes up :smile:
Original post by mattcole320
Yes, you have to go through all the elements of Theft, and then have a following paragraph on whether there was force

Oh ok thanks :smile: but do you talk about the other elements of robbery too such as force immediately before or at the time of force etc and is that the same for burglary you have to go through all elements of theft then a paragraph on burglary?
Reply 328
Ok peeps just to make sure our exam is in the morning isn't it? And we answer two questions from the section regarding theft and one from the concepts of law, correct? How long should we spend on each question?
Reply 329
Oh right, I'll definetly go over Law and Morals then but I only got a C on my model answer whereas I got an A on my balancing and conflicting interests one ... so fingers crossed B&CI comes up :smile:

Let's hope so. Good luck! Btw, do you have a model answer for Judicial Creativity saved online? :smile:
Original post by 52807
Quick question, if there is theft in the first question and theft again in the second question, do you need to write out all the element of theft again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We got told not too and just write 'theft as previously disccused' or 'theft discussed above' cause other wise you'll be wasting time.
Reply 331
Original post by xxm
Ok peeps just to make sure our exam is in the morning isn't it? And we answer two questions from the section regarding theft and one from the concepts of law, correct? How long should we spend on each question?

Everything you said is correct. Examiners recommend 1 hour on concepts, one hour on the scenario. But you can adjust the time to suit your preference.
Original post by Cryl
Let's hope so. Good luck! Btw, do you have a model answer for Judicial Creativity saved online? :smile:

I don't I only managed to do half of that essay and I never handed it in so I'm just gunna have to pray what I write in the exam (if it comes up) will be good enough.

Good luck to you too :smile:
Praying that either law and morality or law and justice comes up, Can't stand fault!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 334
Original post by Cryl
Everything you said is correct. Examiners recommend 1 hour on concepts, one hour on the scenario. But you can adjust the time to suit your preference.

Thank you.

How much are the theft questions out of?

I'm not too worried about the exam as I need a D to get a B overall, however you never know. Good luck peeps!
Reply 335
I don't I only managed to do half of that essay and I never handed it in so I'm just gunna have to pray what I write in the exam (if it comes up) will be good enough.

Good luck to you too :smile:

Ah okay. I'm going to try and make one now, just to be safe. I hate JC with passion.
Reply 336
Original post by xxm
Thank you.

How much are the theft questions out of?

I'm not too worried about the exam as I need a D to get a B overall, however you never know. Good luck peeps!

50 marks in total for the Property offences questions.
Original post by xxm

Yep :smile: exam is at 9am, wish it was in the afternoon however. You answer either scenario 1 or 2 if your doing criminal OR if your doing tort/negligence then you answer either scenario 3 or 4.

Finally you would answer 1 question out of the three choices you are given in section C :smile:

It's advised that you spend 15 minutes planning your answer to the essay but roughly an hour and 10 minutes or so for section C and about 50 minutes on section A so 25 minutes per question in the scenario of your choice. I.E a minute per mark.
Original post by 52807

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked this a couple of weeks ago, our teacher just said to write 'see above' but to me that just sounds risky... especially if its the second question because you never know how they mark it.
I think I'd mention a/r then a sentence explaining each element + how they have settled each element then go onto the next part because if two thefts come up, one of them probably wont be the main 'issue' in the scenario, or the second theft won't have any issues in its elements it'll just be a straight forward clear theft :/
I hope this doesn't happen
Original post by Cryl
Ah okay. I'm going to try and make one now, just to be safe. I hate JC with passion.

I think I'm ok with it because I did Judicial Precedent in Unit 1 which I resat this year so I'm feeling fresh about that but just gotta add other bits in like Statutory Interpretation and stuff .... You'll be fine once you get into to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending