The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by lankan-gurl
Yep :smile: exam is at 9am, wish it was in the afternoon however. You answer either scenario 1 or 2 if your doing criminal OR if your doing tort/negligence then you answer either scenario 3 or 4.

Finally you would answer 1 question out of the three choices you are given in section C :smile:

It's advised that you spend 15 minutes planning your answer to the essay but roughly an hour and 10 minutes or so for section C and about 50 minutes on section A so 25 minutes per question in the scenario of your choice. I.E a minute per mark.

Thanks ever so much :smile: Good luck!
Reply 341
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
I think I'm ok with it because I did Judicial Precedent in Unit 1 which I resat this year so I'm feeling fresh about that but just gotta add other bits in like Statutory Interpretation and stuff .... You'll be fine once you get into to it.

I think I can waffle through it. But unlike BCI, it's really unstructured. There's so much to write about it. And I need to plan my answers in advance because I'm planning to do concepts first. So if JC comes up, I'll have to do scenarios first and then waffle through the JC question. >.<
Original post by Cryl
I think I can waffle through it. But unlike BCI, it's really unstructured. There's so much to write about it. And I need to plan my answers in advance because I'm planning to do concepts first. So if JC comes up, I'll have to do scenarios first and then waffle through the JC question. >.<

Yeah I understand your point im in the exact same situation with L&M
Reply 343
Original post by Cheese man
Anyone got any tips on what offences will come up (property)

Can't decide which ones to revise last minute D:

Theft and fraud (any of the three) often seen to come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Does anyone have a good essay plan they can send me for Judicial Creativity??? I'VE LOST ALL MY STUFF ON IT!! Absolute nightmare haha
Original post by xxm
Thanks ever so much :smile: Good luck!

No problem :smile: Thanks good luck to you too!!.

What do you think/hope will come up for section C?
Reply 346
Original post by lankan-gurl
No problem :smile: Thanks good luck to you too!!.

What do you think/hope will come up for section C?

My teacher thinks Morality and Creativity will come up more than likely. Which i'll be quite happy with tbh.
Reply 347
Can some one please explain the hart-fuller debate I was only taught the hart-devlin debate!
help please!
:smile:
Original post by xxm
My teacher thinks Morality and Creativity will come up more than likely. Which i'll be quite happy with tbh.

Oh I don't mind morals but hate creativity but the only other choice is fault which I don't think will come up this year.

SO hopefully morals :biggrin:
Original post by rosscmullins
Yeah - its only out of 4 essays anyway apparently :s-smilie:, so one of either must come up

I've only learnt law and morality... two more to go by tomorrow morning :frown:
Reply 350
Wait, how would you use the "as discussed above" rule. If the person in the second question is guilty of Theft, would you say "He is guilty of Theft, as discussed above as he satisfied the AR (as discussed above) and also the MR (as discussed above)" >.< Is that enough? or will I need to apply the facts?
Reply 351
Original post by sammy1995
Can some one please explain the hart-fuller debate I was only taught the hart-devlin debate!
help please!
:smile:

Hart-Fuller debate discusses the validity of legal rules which conflict with moral rules while Hart-Devlin is centred on the extent to which legal rules should be based on morals
Reply 352
does anyone have any guidance on timing?

our teacher made us a little guidebook for the exam but said that we should spend 30 mins on the concepts question in Section C and 45 mins each on scenarios... we're doing property offences

surely that isn't right? if the concepts question is 35 marks surely we should spend more time on that?! helpppp :frown:
Reply 353
Original post by Cryl
Wait, how would you use the "as discussed above" rule. If the person in the second question is guilty of Theft, would you say "He is guilty of Theft, as discussed above as he satisfied the AR (as discussed above) and also the MR (as discussed above)" >.< Is that enough? or will I need to apply the facts?

I'd apply the facts specific to the question but I wouldn't state out theft again if you get me.
Reply 354
Original post by AsterAce
Hart-Fuller debate discusses the validity of legal rules which conflict with moral rules while Hart-Devlin is centred on the extent to which legal rules should be based on morals

okay thankyou
Reply 355
How important is it to learn detail such as specific ssections something is in?
Reply 356
Original post by xxm
I'd apply the facts specific to the question but I wouldn't state out theft again if you get me.

Ah okay. Thanks!

Original post by xxm
How important is it to learn detail such as specific ssections something is in?

For Fraud, my teacher said that learning the subsections aren't that important. But for defences, like CDA 5(1)(a) or 5(1)(b) - that's quite important. Also, for Burglary 9(1)(A) or 9(1)(b) as there is a big difference between them.
Reply 357
Original post by Cryl
Ah okay. Thanks!

For Fraud, my teacher said that learning the subsections aren't that important. But for defences, like CDA 5(1)(a) or 5(1)(b) - that's quite important. Also, for Burglary 9(1)(A) or 9(1)(b) as there is a big difference between them.

No, I've learnt everything it's just I haven't learnt the actually numbers such as 51b or 51a etc
Hey guys, I am finding section C really stressful as cannot find any good notes on it, can anyone help me out. Gotta cram for tomorrow.
:frown:

Also does anyone know the questions that came up for section c in January
Reply 359
I have a terrible feeling that aqa is just stalking this forum and will reprint a whole set of papers with concept questions no one has revised for...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest