The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by john712
For the dot and cross diagram did you have to transfer sodium to chloride so it got 8 on outershrll? And 2 sodiums to the chloride?

Wasn't is two chlorine atoms?...
Original post by john712
For the dot and cross diagram did you have to transfer sodium to chloride so it got 8 on outershrll? And 2 sodiums to the chloride?

Wasn't the dot and cross diagram on chlorine though? Or is that another question...? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Wasn't the dot and cross diagram on chlorine though? Or is that another question...? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you put for the chlorine for and cross model I didn't have a clue I did sodium chloride because literally didnt know what it meant
Reply 523
Original post by john712
What did you put for the chlorine for and cross model I didn't have a clue I did sodium chloride because literally didnt know what it meant

I did two chlorine molecules in a covalent bond, with two shared electrons I think. If I'm thinking of the same question.
Was the option D on the precipitate question the last option? Because I can remember putting the last option.
Original post by boldred
I did two chlorine molecules in a covalent bond, with two shared electrons I think. If I'm thinking of the same question.

OMG I think I got this because I put an atom in the middle with four electrons and then on either side I put two atoms that had two dots/ electrons that made eight on the outer shell. :smile:
Reply 526
diag_chlorine_2.gif
I drew that ^
Not sure if that is right though as chemistry is my weakest subject. I found the exam easier than expected but I'm hoping that my high grades in C1/2/3 and coursework will keep my grade on an A.
(edited 10 years ago)
easy paper; was like doing a foundation chemistry paper.

i only need 52/85 but reckon i have 79/85.

easier than i expected.

EDIT: yeah as that makes sense; giving me negative ratings just because i did well and expressing my opinion towards the exam. moron
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 528
How many marks was the dott and cross I lost out on the marks :/
Reply 529
Guys what do you think grade bounadries will be for an A and A* for this and chemistry releastically?
Original post by ChloBrown98
OMG I think I got this because I put an atom in the middle with four electrons and then on either side I put two atoms that had two dots/ electrons that made eight on the outer shell. :smile:
isn't it meant to look like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/images/diag_chlorine_2.gif

I did that but inside each one I put Cl- does that make mine wrong s: ????

Oh haha I did it completely wrong haha :smile:
haha don't worry, it was probably only worth a mark or two :smile:
Original post by DeadUnicorn
haha don't worry, it was probably only worth a mark or two :smile:

Sort of challenging, some questions I think I messed up, but after looking at the ones on here I probably didn't do as bad as I first thought lol :biggrin: What about you?
I loved this exam.The 6 markers were great and everything I wanted to come up did!! Hopefully it is an A*!

You might get a mark or two and other parts of the paper were easier :smile: !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThenAaliyahSaid
I loved this exam.The 6 markers were great and everything I wanted to come up did!! Hopefully it is an A*!

That compare Hydration and Fermentation one was SOO easy! I thought 'oh god' because i was expecting to have to remember each advantage/disadvantage for Hydration and Fermentation off the top of my head xD

Anyone-Any ideas if physics will be easier or harder than these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending